Recruiting 2022-2024 | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2022-2024

Bobby Benson picks up a 2024, 4-star attack recruit for Providence:

9112B83A-8B0F-42BF-8D48-A6DA10ED310F.jpeg

Figs post today

Kyle Colsey, A, Ridgefield (Conn.) There’s no better prospect to start out the standouts section than Colsey himself. A constant threat to get topside to his left, either from the left wing or from behind, Colsey has an ultra-sweet quick sidearm release. He can also get his hands free in a variety of different ways, too, whether it’s a quick spin move around a screen or a slick face dodge past the slide. The one area Colsey can begin to build on is facilitating for his teammates, a trait that could certainly come in due time with how much attention opposing defenses have to pay him. Colsey also worked hard on the ride, leaping for potential pickoffs and turning back midfielders (he had one nice takeaway near the far sideline in his second game). He had one of the gems of the showcase with a righty between the legs finish to the top left corner one-on-one with the goalie, clearly abiding by Mikey Diggs’ No. 1 rule to do the opposing netminder as dirty as possible.

Brady Pokorny, A, Darien (Conn.) The powerful lefty has great size and displayed an extensive arsenal of moves to get his hands free for both overwhelming overhand efforts and creative finishes, like a twister coming down the right alley. Pokorny split through defenders and used movement off-ball well to score in bunches.
I’m watching Pokorny play right now. I’m not a recruiting , but holy moly is hands are so quick and has a quick cannon.

He’s actually playing against Darien right now as a midfielder (my kid’s team is getting rocked) and just doing whatever he wants.

I guess Dad wasn’t close enough with his former teammate Gary!

I’m watching Pokorny play right now. I’m not a recruiting , but holy moly is hands are so quick and has a quick cannon.

He’s actually playing against Darien right now as a midfielder (my kid’s team is getting rocked) and just doing whatever he wants.

I guess Dad wasn’t close enough with his former teammate Gary!

I'm confused. Is Pokorny playing for Darien or against Darien?

When the dust settles Cam Ryan will be a 4* as well.

he tore his ACL last week so that will prob damage his ratings with no summer showcases

He transferred from West Genny. My son played with him, he’s the real deal. Dad Ron is a legend in the box game. Heard rumblings he may come back to wg, but I just rumors. We can only hope.
Interesting. I’m wondering if he wanted to play with the Bucktooths for their senior season. Ron Cogan & Brett Bucktooth Sr. have played a ton of Lax together, both in the NLL & internationally.

I’m trying to think of the last standout Native player at West Genny. You’d probably have to go back to class of ‘09 6’7” attack Ike Hopper, who went on to play at OCC & Adelphi. I feel like I may be completely forgetting someone.

Good luck to Jack Herendeen, a player I really like out of Victor and Sweetlax, a complete attackmen - can use both hands, a smart feeder who can create his own shot. This is an intelligent move by Jack, Cornell is a great fit for him.

Is he locked in to Cornell? I watched him last summer & fall and has packed on some muscle. He was shooting over 100mph and was more explosive from the X than previous year. Would be a great 2025 pick up for Syracuse.

Is he locked in to Cornell? I watched him last summer & fall and has packed on some muscle. He was shooting over 100mph and was more explosive from the X than previous year. Would be a great 2025 pick up for Syracuse.
Would you give up an Ivy League education?

I see he had Syracuse in his list of schools. His sister plays hockey at Penn State. He trained with Jamie Trimboli, but lists his favorite player as Mike Powell, Rob Pannell (prob the Cornell connection) and Grant Ament. Interesting as this would give him a year to train under Joey.

I see he had Syracuse in his list of schools. His sister plays hockey at Penn State. He trained with Jamie Trimboli, but lists his favorite player as Mike Powell, Rob Pannell (prob the Cornell connection) and Grant Ament. Interesting as this would give him a year to train under Joey.

Good player, no indication SU is still pursuing or that he is considering decommitting.

He's a 2024 FYI