Recruiting 2022-2024 | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2022-2024

Inside lacrosse, Has Virginia, Georgetown and Maryland ahead of us...

Pee Wee Reaction GIF

I know less than zero point zip about recruiting, so ... {Insert shoulder shrug emoji here.}

Last time I checked the trophy was awarded to whichever team won the game played on Memorial Day, not which team had the best recruits. ;)
Mmm that’s the kinda answer I like.

I know less than zero point zip about recruiting, so ... {Insert shoulder shrug emoji here.}

Last time I checked the trophy was awarded to whichever team won the game played on Memorial Day, not which team had the best recruits. ;)
Like the Terps this Memorial day!
Of course, the Terps were a combination of recruits and transfers.

I don't think there will be much interest. Hiltz, Leo, Deere, ... we seem pretty set with that type of player and there's only so much money to offer. Hopefully Deere is receiving a Promise Scholarship. The ability to use that is really the only offset we have to these schools with low tuition or huge amounts of "need" based aid.

proof positive of how meaningless inside lacrosse's star ranking system is. how is the leading scorer on a top 5 team BY IL'S OWN RANKINGS not at least a 4 star?
Agree with you! Recruiting and rankings have to be a main driver in regard to "hits" on their site. You would think Xanders/IL would have this dialed in.

proof positive of how meaningless inside lacrosse's star ranking system is. how is the leading scorer on a top 5 team BY IL'S OWN RANKINGS not at least a 4 star?
Yeah between the three rankings is really funny you’ll have 1 kid in the top 10 , 53rd another list and 28th on the 3rd.. cracks me up

IL did their rankings for the 2023 class last fall, and probably hasn't updated them since.

IL did their rankings for the 2023 class last fall, and probably hasn't updated them since.
so this kid came out of nowhere to become the best player on arguably the best high school team in the country? there were no signs ahead of time?

so this kid came out of nowhere to become the best player on arguably the best high school team in the country? there were no signs ahead of ti
I imagine it's not that uncommon with kids going between their sophomore and junior year. This guy is a Canadian also, and might have mainly been in Canada during last summer.

so this kid came out of nowhere to become the best player on arguably the best high school team in the country? there were no signs ahead of time?
It happens. I've seen players blossom even from junior to senior season. A nationally ranked team from my area had a middie jump from the third best middie in his own grade on the team as a junior to having one of the best seasons by a midfielder in program history as a senior.

IL has a mini tourney with the top 4 ‘24 club teams playing on ESPN+