Recruiting 2022-2024 | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2022-2024

They are 4 great club teams but by no means the top 4 club teams. Most of the best squads are at NLF this weekend.
Lol.. True.. I’ll be watching that one on Sunday.. but that second game was really good

Looks like a St. John's College product and a teammate of Rhoa, Figueiras, Trujillo? Would like to continue this new St. John's College x Syracuse connection and can't possibly forget that Duenkel kid. I'd hope the '22 commits are working hard to get them to come to 'Cuse.

Looks like a St. John's College product and a teammate of Rhoa, Figueiras, Trujillo? Would like to continue this new St. John's College x Syracuse connection and can't possibly forget that Duenkel kid. I'd hope the '22 commits are working hard to get them to come to 'Cuse.

I’m sold.
Get him on board.

44089B0A-A2D9-4582-BC8D-44D042DDB4A9.jpeg

Might be able to see a couple of the ‘23 kids play in the finals

Looks like it’s going to be Long Island bandits versus Baltimore crabs… IL list McCarthy and the Spallina Brothers on LI and Kilrain on Crabs.. guess we will see if they are play

District of ColumbiaRiley Figueiras2022DSt. John's College
Massachusetts EasternJohn Mullen2023MNorwell
New York - Nassau/Suffolk CatholicMichael Leo2022ASaint Anthonys
New York Section 11Tyler McCarthy2023MConnetquot
New York Section 11Joey Spallina2022AMount Sinai
New York Section 11Dylan Sageder2022LSMMount Sinai
New York Section 3Carter Kempney2022MCarthage
New England NorthernJames McCool2022GNew Hampton
Pennsylvania NortheasternCharles Kuczynski2022DAllentown Central Catholic

Last edited:
IL must have asked the '24 kids who played in their tournament a few weeks ago (LI Legacy Taz, Mad Dog, Next Level, 2Way) which schools they're considering because a bunch of them now list schools on their IL profiles. A couple of caveats: A kid listing a school they're interested in doesn't mean that school will be interested in them. Also, these kids haven't talked to coaches or done any official visits so these lists will change, perhaps drastically so. All of that being said, it doesn't paint a great picture for Syracuse. Draley does list Cuse along with several other schools but he's just about the only top recruit to do so. Macaluso, Hicks, Whipple, Eye, Kershis twins and most others do not list the Orange. There is A LOT of love for Virginia and the Ivies. Again...this stuff will change but it just goes to show the big recruiting hurdle Syracuse has in attracting the top American recruits. (Different story for Canadians). They're starting from a place where they already have catching up to do because most of the top kids dream of going to the other ACCs or a top Ivy.

IL must have asked the '24 kids who played in their tournament a few weeks ago (LI Legacy Taz, Mad Dog, Next Level, 2Way) which schools they're considering because a bunch of them now list schools on their IL profiles. A couple of caveats: A kid listing a school they're interested in doesn't mean that school will be interested in them. Also, these kids haven't talked to coaches or done any official visits so these lists will change, perhaps drastically so. All of that being said, it doesn't paint a great picture for Syracuse. Draley does list Cuse along with several other schools but he's just about the only top recruit to do so. Macaluso, Hicks, Whipple, Eye, Kershis twins and most others do not list the Orange. There is A LOT of love for Virginia and the Ivies. Again...this stuff will change but it just goes to show the big recruiting hurdle Syracuse has in attracting the top American recruits. (Different story for Canadians). They're starting from a place where they already have catching up to do because most of the top kids dream of going to the other ACCs or a top Ivy.
I typically look forward to your post cause you’re usually bring some good stuff to the board news and what you hear, but this isn’t one of those things I wanna see though. Ugh.

I typically look forward to your post cause you’re usually bring some good stuff to the board news and what you hear, but this isn’t one of those things I wanna see though. Ugh.

It's only four club teams, so there are many other good players in that class, and again even these come with several caveats. Some of those kids listed above probably will consider and visit Syracuse, it just currently isn't top of mind for them. That's not an insurmountable issue but it is an issue. They're starting from a place of having to do catch up and out-recruit guys instead of letting the school do the talking. It sounds like Tiffany is going to have his pick of the litter because UVA sells itself.

It's only four club teams, so there are many other good players in that class, and again even these come with several caveats. Some of those kids listed above probably will consider and visit Syracuse, it just currently isn't top of mind for them. That's not an insurmountable issue but it is an issue. They're starting from a place of having to do catch up and out-recruit guys instead of letting the school do the talking. It sounds like Tiffany is going to have his pick of the litter because UVA sells itself.

Yup. I wouldnt sweat it. We havent pulled a kid from any of those clubs over the last two classes. I'd be more concerned if Sweetlax, Team 91 LI, Crabs, HHH, Thunder, etc. kids were not including us.

Poached by PSU.
I don't know about Calandrino. He apparently had a good sophomore year at Farmindale but then transferred to St. Anthony's. I watched one St.Anthonys game and he was on the 2nd midfield and didn't score. He did have good size and looked athletic. Newsday lists him with 4 goals and 1 assist for the season. From afar, it is hard to feel that he was likely to be a contributor at UMD, although one never knows for sure. So I am not particularly upset by this, but UMD's 2023 class is down to 6.

LARGE SCHOOLS
Class A Player of the Year:
Mike LeoSt. Anthony's-CSr.Attack
Second Team
Tyler McCarthyConnetquot-11Jr.Midfield
SMALL SCHOOLS
Class C Player of the Year:
Joey SpallinaMount Sinai-11Sr.Attack
First Team
Dylan SagederMount Sinai-11Sr.LSMidfield
Michael IppolitiSt. Dominic's-CJr.Goalie
Second Team