Recruiting 2023-2025 | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2023-2025

Putting the women’s game on the ESPN app and noticed that Calvert Hall is on Friday at 5:30 on espnu

Another side note.. and I could be wrong but looks like Trey had a growth spurt .. looks taller and thicker

He definitely looks much bigger. One of the taller players on the field from my vantage point. I think he finished the game with 5 and 1 (all but one were in the first quarter). He's a very impressive player to watch. I think most goals were of the finishing variety and he wasn't very successful on the dodge, but he has a very good feel for things. Always moving. He spent a lot of time on the crease and with his big frame he kind of reminded me of Birtwistle, but a much better passer. Should be very interesting to see how they integrate him into the offense. After watching this game I agree with Jeremey that he's an attackman.

He definitely looks much bigger. One of the taller players on the field from my vantage point. I think he finished the game with 5 and 1 (all but one were in the first quarter). He's a very impressive player to watch. I think most goals were of the finishing variety and he wasn't very successful on the dodge, but he has a very good feel for things. Always moving. He spent a lot of time on the crease and with his big frame he kind of reminded me of Birtwistle, but a much better passer. Should be very interesting to see how they integrate him into the offense. After watching this game I agree with Jeremey that he's an attackman.

Ya I like Trey a lot adds that unique finishing attackmen that SU has had a ton of success with over the years and he's still adding to his game. However, Like I said before he is definitely a pure attackmen, he in no way can play midfield at this level.

Ya I like Trey a lot adds that unique finishing attackmen that SU has had a ton of success with over the years and he's still adding to his game. However, Like I said before he is definitely a pure attackmen, he in no way can play midfield at this level.

That's fine really. Assuming Hiltz sticks, he has two more years. So left side offense could look like:

Attack Mid 1
24- Hiltz RJr 24- Leo So
25 - Hiltz RSr 25- Leo Jr
26 - Deere RSo or Jr 26 - Leo Sr
27 - Deere RJr or Sr 27 - Anderson Jr
28 - Deere RSr 28 - Anderson Sr
29 - ShrmdougluvrJR Fr ;)

Trey Deere had 4 goals in this one... This kid is special, I can't wait till he gets here!

What do you mean my pure attackman - honestly curious - because the game has evolved so much. With the current team I assess them as Kirst is basically a bull dodger, Hiltz is more of finisher feet set shooter (has a box game on the field), Spallina is a pure attackman (can dodge feed and finish). Deere looks like a kid who isn't really going to break down and dodge a pole. Seems to be more of a finisher, who'll probably be successful operating around the crease. that said

I think some of what positions they play depends on what offense syracuse wants to run. syracuse this year seems to be running a lot of pairs style where they're essentially playing 2 man games and weaves up top and on the side. I think in this style Thomson and Deere can play anywhere except x. middie/attack goes out the window and it becomes position-less lacrosse outside of Spalllina running from X.

What do you mean my pure attackman - honestly curious - because the game has evolved so much. With the current team I assess them as Kirst is basically a bull dodger, Hiltz is more of finisher feet set shooter (has a box game on the field), Spallina is a pure attackman (can dodge feed and finish). Deere looks like a kid who isn't really going to break down and dodge a pole. Seems to be more of a finisher, who'll probably be successful operating around the crease. that said

I think some of what positions they play depends on what offense syracuse wants to run. syracuse this year seems to be running a lot of pairs style where they're essentially playing 2 man games and weaves up top and on the side. I think in this style Thomson and Deere can play anywhere except x. middie/attack goes out the window and it becomes position-less lacrosse outside of Spalllina running from X.

I love Deere, he's gonna be a star here I think, just want to get that in there, lol.

Regarding your question you kind of answered it yourself to be honest. He's an elite finisher whose game is evolving and trying to add in dodging/facilitating (at least somewhat). He excels playing around the crease and working off ball to receive feeds. He's not really an outside shooter and as you noted not really much of a dodger at least one I would expect to be able to dodge against an LSM or from the top of the box against a shorty.

Best example I can give is Stephen Keogh, great finisher but a guy you definitely would never have play midfield. Maybe just to get him on the field you run him at midfield even if he's not essentially playing a traditional middie role but I think SU would be way better served having him play attack versus trying to fit a round peg in a rectangle shaped hole.

3 goals for Calvert Hall early..all from Mr. Hottle. They said he is their leading scorer this year. Had a really nice outside shot from 14 yards out on the last one. Ball was moving.
Yeah he ripped that last one!!!

Braydon Ferguson playing on ESPNU for Bullis against Georgetown Prep rn. Not looking so good for Braydon early-- letting in 7 goals on something like 8-9 shots in the 1Q. Yikes.

Mikey Powell was no giant.

Certainly not, but I think Mikey still has about 3-4 in on Wyatt. He looks to be more in the range of a Joey Sankey (5'5) so there is definitely precedent. His size probably actually work to his benefit on offense, it has to be really hard for defensemen to match his center of gravity. I could see him drawing a lot of penalties. I guess the question is, is he talented enough to play attack? If he's on midfield I'd worry about him getting stuck on defense.

E7681351-C951-4B01-994E-446F268C4950.jpeg

Good to see both Spallina brothers having good years and in Jake's case an excellent one. Think Brett is almost a lock to red-shirt but he seems like a guy whose just scratching the surface of his potential. LaForge is a good player, wouldn't be shocked if he ended up here at some point in the future.

A rather large number of Prep schools are coming to Bel Air, Maryland next weekend May 17-19 for the National Prep Championship:

I don't know that Syracuse has that many recruits involved, but someone might be interested.