Recruiting 2023-2025 | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting 2023-2025

Out of state tuition at UNC is $37k.

Room and board at St Paul’s is $65k ( i assume they have commuters but the website doesn’t have day student rates). So even without a schollie the Bairs will he saving money.

Tuition at Syracuse is $61k.

Until the value of a scholarship is normalized, SU will always have a distinct
Disadvantage. It’s a major defect for these sports that operate with limited scholarships.
How many recruiting cycles have you and I brought up the "economic" headwinds facing Syracuse? Any family with more than one child thinking about college cost is a major consideration. And, if you are going to pay a hefty tuition bill the academics have to be worth the cost. Recruitment these days is not just about the lacrosse program.

So for whatever it is worth, the SU Instagram account has started following a few more players. It may mean absolutely nothing, but just wanted to point it out, since it seemed to bear some fruit when it came to other players who have recently committed.

Pat Kelley, Georgetown Prep, Defense
Bogue Hahn, McDonogh, Midfield
Anthony Drago, West Essex (NJ), Attack/Midfield
Joe Filardi, Half Hollow Hills West (NY), Defense/LSM
Anthony Raio, Half Hollow Hills West (NY), Midfield
Miguel Iglesias, Sommers (NY), Midfield

At the very least I'm assuming that these are the players SU is primarily focused on.

Last edited:
How many recruiting cycles have you and I brought up the "economic" headwinds facing Syracuse? Any family with more than one child thinking about college cost is a major consideration. And, if you are going to pay a hefty tuition bill the academics have to be worth the cost. Recruitment these days is not just about the lacrosse program.

There was some poor guy in a thread that was talking about his son getting in to SU and being offered no aid at all. Now, admittedly, his son was not a high level candidate for SU, but still, he got in, and can't afford to attend.

There are a lot of lacrosse families that are pretty well-to-do, but not so well off that they can cover $60k+ if their kid only earns a .25 schollie.

My fix would be to simply have the NCAA set what the "cost of tuition" is for student-athletes in a respective sport. Maybe for lacrosse, it's $40k per year (a very general average of out of state public tuition and private tuition). And then base every "scholarship off of that." A full ride will always be a full ride, but if SU wants to give a kid a partial, a half-schollie means a student athlete will pay $20k per year; a quarter schollie means a student athlete will pay $30k per year, etc.

So for whatever it is worth, the SU Instagram account has started a few more players. It may mean absolutely nothing, but just wanted to point it out, since it seemed to bear some fruit when it came to other players who have recently committed.

At the very least I'm assuming that these are the players SU is primarily focused on.

Finally something useful on this thread! ;)Thanks!

So for whatever it is worth, the SU Instagram account has started a few more players. It may mean absolutely nothing, but just wanted to point it out, since it seemed to bear some fruit when it came to other players who have recently committed.

Did you mean to say “started following”?

Nice… you nailed Kittleberger
hopefully you are right on some of these too!!!

Just an FYI, SU also follows other lax guys not committed to SU and other current college players. I know you get that but I want others to understand its unlikely SU's going to land all or most of those six recruits.

Just an FYI, SU also follows other lax guys not committed to SU and other current college players. I know you get that but I want others to understand its unlikely SU's going to land all or most of those six recruits.

Oh yes, absolutely. For the 2020 class they started following pretty much every high level recruit, and for some reason are still following them all. They follow the Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins for some reason. They are following a few of the transfers, like Matt Wright and Christian Mule, but not Mason Kohn and some of the others. It is very random.

I do find it interesting, that unlike 2020, when they followed pretty much everyone, this year they seem to be following a select few. Again, might just be kind of random but I thought it was at least noteworthy. Smart to point out the qualifiers that you did.

Did you mean to say “started following”?

Yes, sorry, fixed that typo. Should be better at this given my English degree, lol.

Oh yes, absolutely. For the 2020 class they started following pretty much every high level recruit, and for some reason are still following them all. They follow the Arizona Cardinals and Miami Dolphins for some reason. They are following a few of the transfers, like Matt Wright and Christian Mule, but not Mason Kohn and some of the others. It is very random.

I do find it interesting, that unlike 2020, when they followed pretty much everyone, this year they seem to be following a select few. Again, might just be kind of random but I thought it was at least noteworthy. Smart to point out the qualifiers that you did.

Yes, sorry, fixed that typo. Should be better at this given my English degree, lol.
No worries at all. I dont pay attention to social media stuff at all, so I wasn’t sure if the way you phrased was Instagram-specific. We appreciate the info.

It absolutely does appear to be more focused this year, not just random follows of different players or even recruits SU isn't after. I would say its a good sign SU is following those players, I think based on what we know they are definitely targets.

It absolutely does appear to be more focused this year, not just random follows of different players or even recruits SU isn't after. I would say its a good sign SU is following those players, I think based on what we know they are definitely targets.
I thought Cuse had no shot at Drago?

I thought Cuse had no shot at Drago?

Do you recall me saying that? I believe my post said "uphill battle", slight difference. Also a follow on Instagram doesn't mean he's coming here, as I mentioned he was always gonna be an SU target but there is significant competition. I would love to be wrong but was told it was gonna be very tough.

Do you recall me saying that? I believe my post said "uphill battle", slight difference. Also a follow on Instagram doesn't mean he's coming here, as I mentioned he was always gonna be an SU target but there is significant competition. I would love to be wrong but was told it was gonna be very tough.
A pessimistic read between the lines on my part, I suppose.

A pessimistic read between the lines on my part, I suppose.

I think you take was accurate, it meshes with what I was told. That said, recruiting is fluid, I am sure SU is still making it's best pitch. Even if it is an uphill climb you have to pursue a player like Drago especially when his brother is already here.

So for whatever it is worth, the SU Instagram account has started following a few more players. It may mean absolutely nothing, but just wanted to point it out, since it seemed to bear some fruit when it came to other players who have recently committed.

Hahn :)

Coach O getting ready for some visits. Who could it be? ;)

Attachments

• IMG_5694.jpeg
    IMG_5694.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 80
Coach O getting ready for some visits. Who could it be? ;)
Seems like a big lacrosse recruiting weekend, no SU game in house and has Syracuse Lax on the banners and screen. Seems like a an all out dedicated weekend to recruiting. One girls commit now. Hopefully some more girls and boys.

LFG

Seems like a big lacrosse recruiting weekend, no SU game in house and has Syracuse Lax on the banners and screen. Seems like a an all out dedicated weekend to recruiting. One girls commit now. Hopefully some more girls and boys.

LFG
Beautiful day too!

Idk how y’all share them images but I just liked this. Alotttttt

I see they just followed Parker McDonald as well