Recruiting at Kentucky | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting at Kentucky

Van111

Starter
Kentucky continues to amaze me what they and JC get away with. With 13 schollied players this year, and only 1 being a Sr, JC already has 4 top recruits with another 5 offers to others. Obviously he his recruiting kids that are one and done and he has to be telling them that they will be one and done, otherwise they would find themsleves in a horrific bind come signing day. How is this legal, or legit with the NCAA? Amazing how they step on a Colgate Freshman for playing a couple of games at a church, or a returning veteran, yet schools like Kentucky do what ever they want. If we did the same here, and we are a strong program to say the least in CBB, I dare say the NCAA would be all over us like flies on....well you get my meaning.

Is anyone else out there feeling like me? Frankly, I don't like the way the NBA has minipulated the system for their own benefit, while coaches like JC stink to high heaven what they are doing to this great sport we all grew up with. Don't get me wrong, we have had a few one and done kids too, like many other programs, but JC is an outlet store to the NBA, and how is this allowed?

Kentucky continues to amaze me what they and JC get away with. With 13 schollied players this year, and only 1 being a Sr, JC already has 4 top recruits with another 5 offers to others. Obviously he his recruiting kids that are one and done and he has to be telling them that they will be one and done, otherwise they would find themsleves in a horrific bind come signing day. How is this legal, or legit with the NCAA? Amazing how they step on a Colgate Freshman for playing a couple of games at a church, or a returning veteran, yet schools like Kentucky do what ever they want. If we did the same here, and we are a strong program to say the least in CBB, I dare say the NCAA would be all over us like flies on....well you get my meaning.

Is anyone else out there feeling like me? Frankly, I don't like the way the NBA has minipulated the system for their own benefit, while coaches like JC stink to high heaven what they are doing to this great sport we all grew up with. Don't get me wrong, we have had a few one and done kids too, like many other programs, but JC is an outlet store to the NBA, and how is this allowed?
I agree 100%. Would be all over us if WWW was "visiting" kids left and right, and don't get me started with Colgate. All is agenda-driven and if the same situation was Kenturkey's, NCAA would say "just don't let it happen again", or maybe "just don't get caught again, it makes us look bad". Not to mention, church league. Come on!

I agree 100%. Would be all over us if WWW was "visiting" kids left and right, and don't get me started with Colgate. All is agenda-driven and if the same situation was Kenturkey's, NCAA would say "just don't let it happen again", or maybe "just don't get caught again, it makes us look bad". Not to mention, church league. Come on!
The day Kentucky finally gets "caught" is a day we should all rejoice in!

Finally gets caught? UK has a long stroied history of cheeting and getting caught they just rarely get penelized in a way that matters which is where Tark's famous quote came from. Perhaps only UCLA in there hayday got away with more blatent rule breaking than UK has over the years IMO. The current system lends itelf to blatent cheating that may not really fall under rule breaking. One season isn't so long to wait for a kid, especially when his handlers and families are getting benefits through not quite legitimate agents and all they had to do was promiss to sign with so and so as their agent for the NBA and go to said school. What these street adgent guys are getting fro the schools and actual adgents isn't so clear but its easy to see how things are going down in the big picture.

Do you know what's sad? He is in the process of trying to convince the #1 player in the country for 2015 (Malik Newman) to reclassify to 2014. If Newman does reclassify, he'd HAVE to be at UK for two years because of the age limit. The fan base cares MORE about recruiting than it does National Championships (I know, they have plenty).

At a certain point in time, there will be an unhappy camper that will talk (Wiltjer?).

The amazing thing is that the UK faithful just eat it up. Whether it be a racist like Rupp or a slimeball like Cal they are elated. The state of that program when Cal finally slips up or simply gets bored will have UK hating the monster Cal created. I think its a joke about them talking up 40-0. If it was not for Cal having a couple of unheralded veterans he would not have had the success he did. Harrelson, Darius Miller, Liggins etc all were key. Now he has erased the upperclassmen from the equation and you saw what that did last year. Wiltjer leaving is going to hurt them. They have talent.. but chemistry requires leadership and we got the only frosh PG who is a true leader.

If I remember correctly, Carmelo cam to SU with at least a 2 year committment, and after the NC game in 2003, he told JB he would honor that committment but JB simply told him he had nothing else to prove and should move on to the NBA as a lottery pick. Then we had Greene, but other than that, JB expects his players to stay in the program, unlike JC who is just eating up the spotlight and the wining and dinning enviornment he gets to be in. Now that he has that championship, he has taken it even further. Talk about arrogance...

I only played HS Ball, and let me tell you, I knew our whole schedule as soon as it came out, and I was a bench guy, and I knew the day and the time we played Liverpool! What the hell is this arrogant bastard saying, his players don't know when they are playing MSU with a national audience? Or how about a trip to tabacco road, nope, not a clue! What an ass...parden my french!

His speech at their midnight event described their fandom as a "BLUE MIST" that stretches from border to border. Creepy and dictatorlike.

Cal's track record should tell you all you need to know what kind of slime ball he is. Every place he's been and left the school has gotten into trouble and he remains a saint...smh.

Cal's track record should tell you all you need to know what kind of slime ball he is. Every place he's been and left the school has gotten into trouble and he remains a saint...smh.
Only one thing worse than JC, and that is both JC and RP together!
bigbrother.jpg

If I remember correctly, Carmelo cam to SU with at least a 2 year committment, and after the NC game in 2003, he told JB he would honor that committment but JB simply told him he had nothing else to prove and should move on to the NBA as a lottery pick. Then we had Greene, but other than that, JB expects his players to stay in the program, unlike JC who is just eating up the spotlight and the wining and dinning enviornment he gets to be in. Now that he has that championship, he has taken it even further. Talk about arrogance...

I only played HS Ball, and let me tell you, I knew our whole schedule as soon as it came out, and I was a bench guy, and I knew the day and the time we played Liverpool! What the hell is this arrogant saying, his players don't know when they are playing MSU with a national audience? Or how about a trip to tabacco road, nope, not a clue! What an ass...parden my french!

Cal can go choke on that microphone. My god that was pretentious.

as for the colgate player, the NCAA was just trying to save him from a potential abusive priest....don't go back there little boy or the boogyman is going to get you

You want answer to Why they get away with it?Always follow the $ Kentucky
bproduces tons of $m for the NCAA. Through television and attendance. Kentucky gets away with this kind of thing.Much like the footballprograms stereo typed. with dishonest boosters that plagued the programs in the South east and Southwest. LSU Texas and Alabama come to mind

Its a one year renewable scholarship at the school's option. If he over recruits he simply doesn't give a scholarship to the returner and says you cannot have a scholarship so you better declare for the draft.

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

UK has a very profitable relationship with the NCAA, and vice versa. Capeesh?

UK has a very profitable relationship with the NCAA, and vice versa. Capeesh?
Yeah, seriously. Didn't they (UK) just hire someone who was on NCAA "investigations" committee?
I didn't see nothing. Nothin. I swear it was like that when I got here. And so forth.
:eek:

I only played HS Ball, and let me tell you, I knew our whole schedule as soon as it came out, and I was a bench guy, and I knew the day and the time we played Liverpool! What the hell is this arrogant saying, his players don't know when they are playing MSU with a national audience? Or how about a trip to tabacco road, nope, not a clue! What an ass...parden my french!

Way to go JC! So your players didn't know when they were playing MSU? Think they know now? MSU 78 UK 74

Think they know when they are playing Florida now?

At some point Calipari won't need to give them money anymore. He did put 5-6 first rounders in the nba that one year, and like 4-5 more another year I think. Players realize that.

It happens sometimes these kids want to play together, look at findley prep.

Way to go JC! So your players didn't know when they were playing MSU? Think they know now? MSU 78 UK 74

Think they know when they are playing Florida now?

I am positive his players never look at the final score also,they just look at the box score then scroll down to their names. Some might even ask the tutors where their names are.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom