Recruiting Board | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Board

When has that EVER been a problem?

Agreed 144%!!!!

Sheet - we had FIVE guys just as recently as 2019:
Candyman, JGIII, Goodine, JBA, Jesse

And FOUR in this last class (counting Chazz O getting a late schollie), along with:
Kadary, Woody, & Frankie A.

2018 - 3 Buddy, Jalen, Bras
2017 - 4 OSB, Marek, CDB, HoWash
2016 - 3 Tyus, Moyer, TT (& his mom)
2015 - 4* (only 3 made it to campus) Mali, Lydon, Frankie H
2014 - 2 CMAC, Kaleb
2013 - 5 Ennis, My 3 'sons, and Cat Rescuer
2012 - 2 Jerami, DC2.0
2011 - 3 Rak, MCW, Cooney Bros
2010 - 4 Fab, Dion, CJ, Baye. LOADED.
2009 - 3 Southy, RoboTriche, Shonte Riley
2008 - 3* (Southerland didn't make it here til the following year), KrisJo, Mookie
2007 - SIX!!! Donte, Flynn, Scoop, RickJack, KOng, and Sean Williams

So, while it is somewhat unlikely we land 5 guys in '22, it's not like it's totally unprecedented or anything.

This doesn't even count traditional transfers, like Wes, Eli, AG, or Grad Transfers like Gillon, Uncle Drew, and that other guy Geno who was here for a cup of coffee.
(and ignores that Bazley was ever a thing that theoretically existed)

When has that EVER been a problem?

Instead of the snark, answer the question. What is the scholarship situation going into that season? Is he going to push people out of the door as he's done in the past to ensure he can get certain guys?

Instead of the snark, answer the question. What is the scholarship situation going into that season? Is he going to push people out of the door as he's done in the past to ensure he can get certain guys?
It was a little snarky, but it did kind of answer the question. Number of available scholarships won't be a problem for a combination of reasons, some of which you already pointed out. We go over this every year. Bottom line is, we need a talent infusion. If they can get more talent on the roster, they need to do it.

with the transfer portal what it is now...this offseason will be a bloodbath of transfers...

I think a lot of roster flux would bode well for SU...the more the better, imo.

Returning seniors don’t count against the limit

Jerry Meyer on Kidtrell Blocker.

"I don’t know where Kidtrell Blocker will end up, but he is a new name on the national recruiting radar. And what I have seen of him on film is quite impressive.

Although Blocker is listed at 6-5, I got sort of a Delonte West vibe with the wiggleness and funkiness of his attacking scoring game. Throw some Manu Ginobili in there as well.

Out of Rochester, New York, Blocker is currently attending Tennessee Prep in Memphis, Tennessee.

Two of his latest offers are Kansas State and UNLV. I am expecting a lot of new offers to come in."

Jerry Meyer on Kidtrell Blocker.

"I don’t know where Kidtrell Blocker will end up, but he is a new name on the national recruiting radar. And what I have seen of him on film is quite impressive.

Although Blocker is listed at 6-5, I got sort of a Delonte West vibe with the wiggleness and funkiness of his attacking scoring game. Throw some Manu Ginobili in there as well.

Out of Rochester, New York, Blocker is currently attending Tennessee Prep in Memphis, Tennessee.

Two of his latest offers are Kansas State and UNLV. I am expecting a lot of new offers to come in."

That is a great name.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom