Recruiting Coordinator Thoughts | Syracusefan.com

Recruiting Coordinator Thoughts

Nick44

All Conference
I noticed that Antonio Pierce is the current recruiting coordinator at ASU and think the approach to that type of profile for that position is an intriguing idea...

Find me a recently retired, well-known NFL player who has his life in order but is looking for his next career opportunity. To me it would be a no-brainer both for the individual and the P5 program to put a well regarded former player in a position to be the point person between a high school recruit and the school.

Antonio Gates just retired. Can you imagine if he was a member of Dino’s staff as a recruiting coordinator and you could put that guy in front of a recruit? More realistically, Lorenzo Alexander just retired and not many guys are more we’ll thought of and accomplished.

(I put on this board versus recruiting board because it’s more of a coaching position thought than strictly recruiting)

I think it depends on the player.
Some are no charismatic or do well speaking in front of others.
Joe Flacco would be terrible at this is one example I can think of.
It would take the right type of retired player, i'm not sure a HoF player is going to want to grind out recruiting all year long for what $100k?

Lets get Marvin Harrison to knock on some doors!

1579037313381.png

I think there’s always a misperception that former players in any sport make better coaches, GM’s, or even recruiters. I don’t think a former player is going to be any better of a recruiter than a guy that didn’t play but has charisma and all those intangibles.

Who was the former player we did have around marrone or Shafer. He ended up going to Michigan maybe?

I think there’s always a misperception that former players in any sport make better coaches, GM’s, or even recruiters. I don’t think a former player is going to be any better of a recruiter than a guy that didn’t play but has charisma and all those intangibles.

Who was the former player we did have around marrone or Shafer. He ended up going to Michigan maybe?
Tyrone Wheatley, coached under Marrone

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom