Recruits @ game | Syracusefan.com

Recruits @ game

qdawgg

Night Biking Enthusiast
I'm assuming the recruits were at the game? Anyone know if they stayed for the whole game or seemed to be having a good time? Other then not playing a top program, the dunks must have been really entertaining.

They usually only stay for a half, but they may have been here the whole time.

wayne morgan had a 'great visit' per john garcia tweet

Do players ever come out and say negative things about visits? I'm just waiting for the day a recruit is quoted as saying "The stadium is outdated, the campus is bland, facilities are subpar, and the women are half-@ss." In all honesty, you rarely ever hear players even say the visit was less then they expected.

YesYes
Do players ever come out and say negative things about visits? I'm just waiting for the day a recruit is quoted as saying "The stadium is outdated, the campus is bland, facilities are subpar, and the women are half-@ss." In all honesty, you rarely ever hear players even say the visit was less then they expected.

Recruits have said they were underwhelmed before

Joe Dailey. ;)

This answers my question. Per ESPN...

Yuri Wright, CB, Don Bosco NJ: Wright has been in no hurry to trim his list of schools. The four-star cornerback has taken only one official visit, to Colorado last weekend. Wright didn't seem overly impressed by the visit to Boulder, calling parts of the trip "boring" and saying he couldn't wait to get home. That could do it for the Buffs. Rutgers will be interesting to watch, as it has recruited well in the area and has made Wright a priority.

I realize Colorado isn't a big name football school, but you have to be one of the most unenjoyable people in the world to not have fun in Boulder while on a recruiting trip. Enjoy life in Piscataway... Jeez

They usually only stay for a half, but they may have been here the whole time.

You are correct sir. They did stay for the first half only.

Coaches that I saw: Adkins, Anselmo, Moore, Hackett, Wheatley and Shafer. Didn't see Marrone, Conley, Daoust or Brumbaugh (interesting in hindsight given the Conley/Brumbaugh info). Chris Gedney and Bill Brotski also in tow.

Recruits seen with this group: I only saw Barrett, which I thought was odd.

I do know that the following recruits were paired together for hosting:
  1. Wayne Morgan hosted by Brandon Reddish
  2. Omari Palmer with Ivan Foy
  3. Alvin Cornelius with Stephen Rene
  4. James Washington with Cameron Lynch
  5. Devante McFarlane with Terrel Hunt
  6. Eric Crume with Kyle Knapp
  7. Not sure on who hosted Tashon Whitehurst or Barrett

I think these pairings are really interesting.

New York City with New York City
Long Island with New York City
New York City with New york City
Florida with Georgia
Michigan with Michigan

The obvious lesson here- Peer recruiting is just as important as coach recruiting.

Coaches that I saw: Adkins, Anselmo, Moore, Hackett, Wheatley and Shafer. Didn't see Marrone, Conley, Daoust or Brumbaugh (interesting in hindsight given the Conley/Brumbaugh info). Chris Gedney and Bill Brotski also in tow.

Thanks DC...

I think these pairings are really interesting.

New York City with New York City
New York City with New york City
Florida with Georgia
Michigan with Michigan

The obvious lesson here- Peer recruiting is just as important as coach recruiting.

Exactly. Another reason I've been fairly confident about Morgan is his great relationship with Reddish, Foy and to a lesser degree Cornelius in this class.

Exactly. Another reason I've been fairly confident about Morgan is his great relationship with Reddish, Foy and to a lesser degree Cornelius in this class.

DC..

Whitehurst said his host was Terrell Hunt...two complete opposites, Offense v. Defense, Florida v. NYC

And thanks for the info, love your recruiting updates

dont think its a great idea of having morgan hang out with reddish as morgan is a guy looking to swipe playing time. if i was reddish i would have spent the weekend talking him out of coming to cuse...i would have taken him to lucy's looking for chubby chicks!

DC..

Whitehurst said his host was Terrell Hunt...two complete opposites, Offense v. Defense, Florida v. NYC

And thanks for the info, love your recruiting updates

Odd, I know for a fact the McFarlane was paired with Hunt, so not sure why Whitehurst would be as well.

I do what I can. It has been a very different recruiting cycle with so many kids wrapped up early and not as many recruits at games.

Odd, I know for a fact the McFarlane was paired with Hunt, so not sure why Whitehurst would be as well.

I do what I can. It has been a very different recruiting cycle with so many kids wrapped up early and not as many recruits at games.

"My host was Terrel Hunt, the freshman quarterback. It was fun hanging out with him and the other players. I hung out with James Washington from Florida and met all the other recruits from up north. Wayne (forgot his last name) seemed like he was going to commit. He’s from up north."

Maybe all the crab buckets are are defense they want to keep the recruits away from them...:noidea:

"My host was Terrel Hunt, the freshman quarterback. It was fun hanging out with him and the other players. I hung out with James Washington from Florida and met all the other recruits from up north. Wayne (forgot his last name) seemed like he was going to commit. He’s from up north."

Maybe all the crab buckets are are defense they want to keep the recruits away from them...:noidea:
seems like they kept them paired up with younger guys who have not been whispered to be involved in the team issues

It's been stated in a few articles that the SU commits from the City have been in Morgan's ear all year. I think they got some good feedback, too

dont think its a great idea of having morgan hang out with reddish as morgan is a guy looking to swipe playing time. if i was reddish i would have spent the weekend talking him out of coming to cuse...i would have taken him to lucy's looking for chubby chicks!

Reddish and Morgan have been good friends for several years.

This answers my question. Per ESPN...

Yuri Wright, CB, Don Bosco NJ: Wright has been in no hurry to trim his list of schools. The four-star cornerback has taken only one official visit, to Colorado last weekend. Wright didn't seem overly impressed by the visit to Boulder, calling parts of the trip "boring" and saying he couldn't wait to get home. That could do it for the Buffs. Rutgers will be interesting to watch, as it has recruited well in the area and has made Wright a priority.

I realize Colorado isn't a big name football school, but you have to be one of the most unenjoyable people in the world to not have fun in Boulder while on a recruiting trip. Enjoy life in Piscataway... Jeez

I lived in denver for a couple years. Having a good time almost comes with the territory, and Boulder jesus party Fing central.

You mean it's a bad idea to have him hosted by one of his best friends?

That's some quality figurin' right there.

Reddish and Morgan have been good friends for several years.

wasnt aware of that! well, then makes all the sense in the world! then hopefully, reddish has learned where the cute chicks might be found!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom