refresh my memory | Syracusefan.com

refresh my memory

CorduroyG

Hall of Fame
in situations like the end of the game today, tie game we’re on defense and the other team is holding for the last shot, didnt boeheim used to trap with the 2 guards up top? that would force the other team to get into their offense alot sooner instead of just dribbling the clock down. i love that strategy. even if they make a shot you still got time to come down and score. sitting back in the zone waiting for them to take the last shot is just a helpless feeling. i was really hoping we would trap with about 15 seconds left.

in situations like the end of the game today, tie game we’re on defense and the other team is holding for the last shot, didnt boeheim used to trap with the 2 guards up top? that would force the other team to get into their offense alot sooner instead of just dribbling the clock down. i love that strategy. even if they make a shot you still got time to come down and score. sitting back in the zone waiting for them to take the last shot is just a helpless feeling. i was really hoping we would trap with about 15 seconds left.
not sure but they only had 9 seconds left when inbounding. we just needed to stop the penetration and we would be fine. once their PG got past Kadary it set all the rotations in motion. Quincy had to choose to help down low on Huff.

I was thinking something similar to give us a few seconds but except for leaving the guy we wanted to shoot wide open, I thought it was fine. He's made nine 3's all year and no baskets at all today. I would have been pissed if we didn't double Huff or Hauser.

I was thinking something similar to give us a few seconds but except for leaving the guy we wanted to shoot wide open, I thought it was fine. He's made nine 3's all year and no baskets at all today. I would have been pissed if we didn't double Huff or Hauser.
Ya the focus clearly was Hauser/Murphy then Huff in the paint.

I think you live with the shot they took. It’s like if someone left Kadary open for 3 because they were chasing Buddy and AG

Remember him doing it before half , not to end close game

Probably had more to do with having a shot blocker back in the day.

With Marek back there, if they split the double and attack, it's either a foul or a bucket.

We didn't play it poorly until Kadary let Clark drive into the paint. If he cut that off, UVa's shot attempt would've been infinitely more difficult.

With Marek back there, if they split the double and attack, it's either a foul or a bucket.

We didn't play it poorly until Kadary let Clark drive into the paint. If he cut that off, UVa's shot attempt would've been infinitely more difficult.
Right and Kadary was the guy we wanted defending. They executed it well and got the basket. Now we just pack for Indy and wait.

If Kadary gets in front of him there is a wide open shooter at the top of the key waiting for the pass which may have been how they drew the play up.

not sure but they only had 9 seconds left when inbounding. we just needed to stop the penetration and we would be fine. once their PG got past Kadary it set all the rotations in motion. Quincy had to choose to help down low on Huff.
Q was already rotating down to cover Huff as the pass was being made to Clarke. Q was doing exactly what he was supposed to and needed to do in that situation. In fact, Huff was signaling for the lob and I think that was the first look.

Q was already rotating down to cover Huff as the pass was being made to Clarke. Q was doing exactly what he was supposed to and needed to do in that situation. In fact, Huff was signaling for the lob and I think that was the first look.
And Buddy probably should have rotated out to the shooter, but got stuck in no man's land down low. JB didn't go crazy because I think that it was on Buddy, not Q. If Q didn't rotate down, then Huff would have had an easy layup. Regardless, it is what it is, and you live with that shot. Good on him for making it. We should still be in, but it's nice to have a reason to watch Selection Sunday no matter the outcome.

The only thing I could think of that maybe JB had done differently, would be insert Jesse in the middle out of the timeout, moved Marek to PF and Q to SF with Buddy at SG and Kadary on PG

Not sure it would have mattered, but maybe Jesse plays it differently and Marek doesn't crash as hard as Q had too?

Edit. I am not going to critique anything from the play or game. Just wish it ended different.

And Buddy probably should have rotated out to the shooter, but got stuck in no man's land down low. JB didn't go crazy because I think that it was on Buddy, not Q. If Q didn't rotate down, then Huff would have had an easy layup. Regardless, it is what it is, and you live with that shot. Good on him for making it. We should still be in, but it's nice to have a reason to watch Selection Sunday no matter the outcome.
I had to rewatch a couple of times frame by frame to be sure, but Buddy's rotation on the pass to Clarke was fine. Hauser made the pass and stayed at the top of the key. I'm sure Buddy was shading him in that situation. There was no way he was making the rotation to the weak side shooter.

It was just a well designed play (excellent really) with multiple options. That was the shot on that side of the court that SU had to concede. I have to give the kid credit for making the shot.

I had to rewatch a couple of times frame by frame to be sure, but Buddy's rotation on the pass to Clarke was fine. Hauser made the pass and stayed at the top of the key. I'm sure Buddy was shading him in that situation. There was no way he was making the rotation to the weak side shooter.

It was just a well designed play (excellent really) with multiple options. That was the shot on that side of the court that SU had to concede. I have to give the kid credit for making the shot.

Well said. No one really to blame. They just executed well, and the kid hit it. Can only tip your hat on that one.

I had to rewatch a couple of times frame by frame to be sure, but Buddy's rotation on the pass to Clarke was fine. Hauser made the pass and stayed at the top of the key.
Were you part of the Warren Commission?

Kadary left his feet. That allowed the penetration. Bottom line, we had someone they didn’t want taking the last shot of the game. Would have liked it to be a little bit more contested but if Q doesn’t crash down on huff then it’s probably an easy 2 because marek pushes up to free throw line. And if buddy starts running out to the kid that hit the shot then houser is left wide open for three at top of key. The opening happened because Clark hesitated for a second like he was going to pull up from way deep and kadary left his feet to go for a block. That allowed Clark to then get around him and penetrate which opened up everything else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom