Regardless of present status: It is beginning to heat up in realignment | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Regardless of present status: It is beginning to heat up in realignment

What about SU and ND with Pac12 Pod???
That's the line that made me go wha-wha-what??!!

I think I saw rush 2x a year from 83-93. I swear they must've got bored and said 'let's tour eh' and then all they did was go on I90 and hit buffalo, roch, syr, Albany, Springfield, Worcester, Boston and then Montreal and back to Toronto for a few months then do it again.

I think I saw rush 2x a year from 83-93. I swear they must've got bored and said 'let's tour eh' and then all they did was go on I90 and hit buffalo, roch, syr, Albany, Springfield, Worcester, Boston and then Montreal and back to Toronto for a few months then do it again.

I know, this Pac12 news is to me...I want to know what is being said here.

The PAC 12 must've been some bizzare Rush Tour circuit- Toronto, Hamilton, ON, Buffalo, Rochester, Syracuse, Utica, Binghamton, Albany, Worcester, Boston, Providence, Hartford. 12 shows right there.

And, take out Syracuse University, the new conference Providence College will be playing in as well.

That is a decade never to forget . Nothing like Weedsport on a friday night !

It is imminent that I am going to the bathroom conference after the 12 beers that I had.

It's amazing I've never seen you mentioned on any other board. You've given us so much great information. Excited for the ACC and its future.

Arb is mentioned on other boards. Louisville Scout board for example. Check out the Georgia Tech "Hive Sport Center" also. Although the resident media rights expert isn't sold at all on Arb's latest interpretation of the potential value of the Orange Bowl deal. I think Arb has some interesting insight and I appreciate his posts but I don't buy everything he says (or perhaps to be more fair what his source tells him).

There is even a Pac 12 pod being discussed that includes 'Cuse and ND.

As I've said before, if I was the Pac12 I'd raid the ACC, the heck with the Big12 (other than Texas). I'd go after 4 to 6 of the southern schools in the ACC plus Notre Dame of course.

Hey bud...I appreciate all the ACC info you've provided from your NCState cousin. However, could you please refrain from giving MHVER3 or DudeWVU any sembalance of credibility as a legitimate source of information?

I don't think any other sources exist that have been so universally denounced as rumor mongers than these two. Frank the Tank isn't that far behind.

Frank the Tank is only slightly above those two WVU clowns on the evolutionary scale.

I have heard over the past two yeas, rumors of the PAC looking East Coast. Obviously, they want Texas. They have flatly refused OU without Texas, so OU is a tag along, though the SEC would take OU in an heartbeat and the B1G could take OU as they are on academic par with UNL. Kansas and ISU have the academics but no markets. The new PAC is based on markets and developing markets, especially in the Pacific Rim (read: oversees, untapped market for all things American and favored sports teams).

THIS IS SPECULATION: IF YOU PRINT THIS, IT IS OF SUFFICIENT QUALITY TO LINE YOUR BIRD CAGE!

Mostly, I have dismissed these rumors because of of the sensationalism of a bi-coastal conference, but most of the speculation centered on ND, which makes anything possible. Most of the speculation was that ND already plays USC and Stanford annually. They could form an Eastern pod with Pitt (usually playing 8 of 10 years, BC-the relatively new rival and Syracuse -exposure to NYC and NY Catholics. You could probably throw in UConn/Rutgers/Maryland/PSU as potential candidates.

Using the markets approach and a supposed desire of the PAC to expand, one can surmise an alternative plan to adding Texas (who refuses to play by the same rules as everyone else in the PAC) and any three. The usual plan is ND and they can bring three friends. Navy is not consider one of the three due to their military status and inconsequential Olympic sports.

Number 1 is Pitt, the most history and solid, good market for any other conference not named B1G (they have PSU).
Number 2 is usually BC. BC and ND have had a recent history. Some of us remember when this was just a game, but ND likes it as they get exposure to MA and the Boston Catholics (student recruiting, NOT football recruiting). BC gets a pass on teh religious affiliation as they are Catholic, like ND, and they are not noted as imposing their religious affiliation over academics (like BYU, Baylor, et al.)
Number 3 is usually Syracuse because of the NY market, exposure in NYC and NY is a largely Catholic state with a very large population - something the west coast fails to offer outside of CA (remember, Texas is out because they can't agree to play under the same rules as everyone else). Syracuse actually has a weak history with ND, but the New York market appears to be important to ND for student recruitment and fan exposure)
Michigan, MState, Purdue are presumed to wish to stay with the B1G.
Generally, there is little to no mention of south eastern schools.

These schools offer similar academic profiles to the PAC schools, names that are recognizable nationally and even somewhat overseas (Syracuse and BC offer the two most recognized baseball teams in the Yankees and Red Sox), while ND is not far from Chicago.

I don't buy all of this, but it is a possibility if you stretch. There was a call for a national conference that crossed the U.S. and included Syracuse, USC, ND, Michigan, OSU, OU, Texas, etc. This was in the 50's or 60's, so this concept is actually quite old. Also, the PAC is taking the market approach as they recruit many students from Asia and looking to spread their internet streaming to Asia, which appears hungry for this programming.

This is more fun and amusing than anything substantial. I have not read a credible insider with serious talk of this,

I am the only one that thinks going to the Pac 12 may be a good idea? If the ACC crumbles why not. At this point it may help with recruiting even more. If BC Pitt and ND were also going I think it would be a no brainer for us to go as well. The travel though would be tough on the players which would also leave me pause. However, playing the likes of Oregon or USC in the dome? I mean that gets me really excited just thinking about it. I won't get my hopes up, but yeah at least its fun to throw the idea around.

I am the only one that thinks going to the Pac 12 may be a good idea? If the ACC crumbles why not. At this point it may help with recruiting even more. If BC Pitt and ND were also going I think it would be a no brainer for us to go as well. The travel though would be tough on the players which would also leave me pause. However, playing the likes of Oregon or USC in the dome? I mean that gets me really excited just thinking about it. I won't get my hopes up, but yeah at least its fun to throw the idea around.

I agree, if the ACC is falling apart, I'd consider the PAC. I'm not fooled by Oregon simply because they have won a few games the last few years. They lack a long term culture of effort in football. USC, UCLA, Stanford, Arizona all have longer histories of football prowess. That said, if ND, Pitt and BC are headed to the PAC, I'd still consider it in lieu of Iowa, Nebraska and Minnesota.

Whatever is best for Syracuse is what I would pursue. Right now, the ACC is best for Syracuse.

Excellent! Certainly a topic for another board, but the Manly Trio of Canada has pretty much ruled the various music media- records, cassettes, CD, MP3 of my 43 years on this mortal coil.
and a Shakespearan reference thrown in...

Arb is mentioned on other boards. Louisville Scout board for example. Check out the Georgia Tech "Hive Sport Center" also. Although the resident media rights expert isn't sold at all on Arb's latest interpretation of the potential value of the Orange Bowl deal. I think Arb has some interesting insight and I appreciate his posts but I don't buy everything he says (or perhaps to be more fair what his source tells him).
Fair enough...no more posts to this board...those that I have an inbox for I will send confidential emails...I would have thought that my cashe would have been proven by now...but misreading posts, and negative comments are not what i signed up for...have fun guys

Fair enough...no more posts to this board...those that I have an inbox for I will send confidential emails...I would have thought that my cashe would have been proven by now...but misreading posts, and negative comments are not what i signed up for...have fun guys
Please reconsider. There are many on this board who look forward to your posts and very much appreciate them. Please do not let some isolated negative posts overtake what I presume to be the general consensus on this board that we appreciate what you have been able to provide in the past and look forward to the future in the ever changing landscape of college realignment.

Ignore the idiots and non-believers. Your sources have been proven out. Sorry you feel the need to withdraw.

Please reconsider. There are many on this board who look forward to your posts and very much appreciate them. Please do not let some isolated negative posts overtake what I presume to be the general consensus on this board that we appreciate what you have been able to provide in the past and look forward to the future in the ever changing landscape of college realignment.
I am with sabach. There are thousands who read your posts and only a handful are negative. Don't let the haters get you down; a lot of people enjoy your posts and insights greatly. Including me...

Arb,

I hope you did not think I was mocking you. I do enjoy your posts and find them credible and informative. I was adding adding to what you said, only. I had no intention of insulting you. What I stated is what I have read and is ONLY speculation, though from sources more reliable than the DUDE.

If you weren't offended by my post, then ignore the above and consider this my plea for you to keep us informed. You have done a great service to us and I believe you are far more appreciate than castigated by this board.

H.

I agree. I enjoy your posts and would hate for you to decide to stop posting the info you get. Some people are pessimistic naturally. There are enough people that like your posts to keep them going. If the negative people are getting you down take a break from posting for a few days and then come back.

Love your posts... please continue. You have been right much much more than anyone else.