Reggie Spearman | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Reggie Spearman

I'm sure that's going to feed the fire for ridiculously obnoxious SU fans with Twitter accounts.

Allen Trieu@AllenTrieu
Spearman announced for Syracuse then threw the hat off and put an Iowa hat on

Probably petty, but if he is going to disrespect us like that - I wish we'd never offered.

If it were reversed, I'd still consider it a yellow flag as to his character.

Yeah, I wasn't too happy reading that at first, but after a minute of thinking about it I remembered "he's a kid".

People here would be ecstatic if he had thrown the Iowa hat and put on the 'Cuse one. I don't think it's really that big of a deal.

really?? people who respect the process i would assume think it was pretty petty, a la lebron, that he didn't even let the coaches who recruited him, some for years, before his announcement. do you think the Ill, Iowa, and SU staff are sitting on twitter watching some guy tweat updates? bush league. i thought it was wrong he did that from the start, and was a big reason why lebron got blasted, and this kid isn't NO lebron

Probably petty, but if he is going to disrespect us like that - I wish we'd never offered.

If it were reversed, I'd still consider it a yellow flag as to his character.

were you upset with dajaun?

Yeah, I wasn't too happy reading that at first, but after a minute of thinking about it I remembered "he's a kid".

Yep. Apparently a lot of growing up to do.

It's not against NCAA rules for Joe Schmo to tweet a recruit.

if they are a booster it is. someone going to track who is and isnt a booster here? hope they know the definition of booster also.

if they are a booster it is. someone going to track who is and isnt a booster here? hope they know the definition of booster also.

i understand your point. and i respect it.

but policing twitter is like saying going 60 in a 55 is illegal.

there is no reason to put so much effort into it.

i understand your point. and i respect it.

but policing twitter is like saying going 60 in a 55 is illegal.

there is no reason to put so much effort into it.

who's putting effort into it?

who's putting effort into it?

if memory serves me correct, you requested a semi gag order or maybe moratorium on syracusefan posters from reaching out to recruits on twitter.

i would say that is similar to requesting the board members from coasting through the stop sign outside of their neighborhoods.

if memory serves me correct, you requested a semi gag order or maybe moratorium on syracusefan posters from reaching out to recruits on twitter.

i would say that is similar to requesting the board members from coasting through the stop sign outside of their neighborhoods.

you remember correctly, because some are boosters and we aren't going to keep track. you can equate it to anything you want. you an su fan? you an su booster? your school tells boosters not to contact recruits. 3 and counting.

you remember correctly, because some are boosters and we aren't going to keep track. you can equate it to anything you want. you an su fan? you an su booster? your school tells boosters not to contact recruits. 3 and counting.

I respect your thoughts on it. And for the most part, I don't reach out to any recruits.

But at the same time, just for argument sake - it could hurt us as much as it helps us. If a recruit get 500 reply's from tenn fans and 20 reply's from cuse fans... a typical recruit (any recruit) doesnt say "gee, the syracuse fans are smart for not committing a violation. I am going to go there"

To be honest - the only thing I'm worried about is the backlash recruits get after they spurn Cuse. That is true drivel.

Is it really that hard? Grown adults shouldn't stalk underage boys on the internet. It's creepy.

Plus, if you ever spend money on SU football you're a booster and its against NCAA rules. May seem uninforcible but I really dont feel like being an NCAA test case.

It's bothersome people feel the need to continue to argue this - regardless of it is OK or not, the school we support has asked us not to do it.

I respect your thoughts on it. And for the most part, I don't reach out to any recruits.

But at the same time, just for argument sake - it could hurt us as much as it helps us. If a recruit get 500 reply's from tenn fans and 20 reply's from cuse fans... a typical recruit (any recruit) doesnt say "gee, the syracuse fans are smart for not committing a violation. I am going to go there"

To be honest - the only thing I'm worried about is the backlash recruits get after they spurn Cuse. That is true drivel.

personally, i don't think a recruit makes a decisioon based on twitter.

This shouldn't even be hard. Don't tweet a recruit because:

1. If you are a booster, no matter how loose the definition, and no matter how unlikely you'll be caught, it's a potential violation, and
2. It's a RECRUIT. You're a FAN. Tweeting them is C-R-E-E-P-Y.
3. See 2, and yell in your head when you read the parts in caps.

personally, i don't think a recruit makes a decisioon based on twitter.

I used to think that too but some of these kids go over the top when they gain followers. They like to be loved and known, they get a kick out of being wanted. I think it has a bigger influence than some like to believe.

Is it really that hard? Grown adults shouldn't stalk underage boys on the internet. It's creepy.

Plus, if you ever spend money on SU football you're a booster and its against NCAA rules. May seem uninforcible but I really dont feel like being an NCAA test case.

It's bothersome people feel the need to continue to argue this - regardless of it is OK or not, the school we support has asked us not to do it.

GET OFF MY LAWN!

I've never directly tweeted a recruit, mainly because of the said creep factor.

But, often kids will choose a school based on "how much love" they are shown.
A lot of these kids are immature. I don't think it is completely far-fetched to think that social media could impact a decision here or there. When a kid is basically in a coin flip situation, it's impossible to say what variables could force a lean in one direction, no matter how unreasonable it may seem to a reasonable person.

That being said, I still wouldn't directly tweet a recruit. I'll leave that to West Virginia fans, Arkansas fans, etc.

I would never tweet a recruit because of the main reason listed...its mad creepy, but I have to admit its a little funny to me that people here get so up in arms about hypothetically 5 Syracuse fans tweeting a recruit when 2000 UK fans, 1500 Tennessee fans, 1200 OSU fans and 1000 FSU fans are tweeting that same recruit. Obviously the NCAA isnt and cant enforce this and I would be shocked if recruits didnt pay attention to the amount of love they get on social media. Im not saying its the deciding factor but it absolutely factors in.

I would never tweet a recruit because of the main reason listed...its mad creepy, but I have to admit its a little funny to me that people here get so up in arms about hypothetically 5 Syracuse fans tweeting a recruit when 2000 UK fans, 1500 Tennessee fans, 1200 OSU fans and 1000 FSU fans are tweeting that same recruit. Obviously the NCAA isnt and cant enforce this and I would be shocked if recruits didnt pay attention to the amount of love they get on social media. Im not saying its the deciding factor but it absolutely factors in.

When the NCAA does figure out a way to enforce this ... they're NOT coming after UK, Tennessee, OSU, FSU, etc...

They'll come to the 315.

When the NCAA does figure out a way to enforce this ... they're NOT coming after UK, Tennessee, OSU, FSU, etc...

They'll come to the 315.
typical doom and gloom

we are no where near as bad as 60% of BCS fan bases

Well we'll take the high road then because we're not creepy and then we'll complain about others who do it and who's schools will continue to beat us out for recruits.

Malik brown himself said it was eye opening how many tenny fans followed him now. A simple choose my school tweet isn't creepy or stalking its being a fan and helping their school. No different than holding up a sign or painting a rock or better yet asking for an autograph ala Reggie spearman in Iowa.

I'm not a booster nor am I in the 315 nor do I have a twitter account. But even if I did nobody is ever going to trace my computer records to identify me that I contacted said recruit. It's not even legal for the NCAA to do that for cryin out loud. Are they going to get a federal search warrant to track computer records because a season ticket holder who goes by the handle #bababooey tweeted a kid saying come to my school - lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom