Remaining schedule as of 10.06 | Syracusefan.com

Remaining schedule as of 10.06

swish7

All Conference
Our schedule remains more difficult than we all thought it would be at the start.
Hope Fran can fix the issues we have so that we don't shoot ourselves in the foot in any of these games.

1. 6-0 miami - benefiting from playing some struggling teams, but keep winning, so...
  2. 5-0 pitt - beat NC & WVU
  3. 4-2 bc - not too much on their schedule as FSU sucks now. They beat MSU & within 7 against Missouri
  4. 4-2 uconn - within 5 against 5-1 Duke & routed Buffalo (who beat NIU who beat ND)
  5. 3-3 NC state - didn't notice much on their schedule
  6. 3-3 VT. Within 7 against Vandy who beat #1 Bama, 3 against Rutgers, 4 against undefeated Miami, and positively routed Stanford who beat us.
  7. 3-2 Cal. beat Auburn, took Miami to the wire
We are underdogs in 5 of these games.

Our schedule remains more difficult than we all thought it would be at the start.
Hope Fran can fix the issues we have so that we don't shoot ourselves in the foot in any of these games.

1. 6-0 miami - benefiting from playing some struggling teams, but keep winning, so...
  3. 4-2 bc - not too much on their schedule as FSU sucks now. They beat MSU & within 7 against Missouri
  4. 4-2 uconn - within 5 against 5-1 Duke & routed Buffalo (who beat NIU who beat ND)
  6. 3-3 VT. Within 7 against Vandy who beat #1 Bama, 3 against Rutgers, 4 against undefeated Miami, and positively routed Stanford who beat us.
If you were ranking these in order of difficulty you have VT way too low. They’ve played well all year, all close losses to good teams. They have a nasty pass rush to boot.

That Missouri win lost its luster after they were embarrassed by aTm. UNC? The sane UNC that was trucked by James Madison? Auburn isn’t good either …. The wins are all meh. Duke was exposed … they have been the benefactors of a really soft schedule. How many of those teams above have two wins against ranked teams? UNLV is better than most of the schools listed above and we beat them on the road.

Still don’t know what to make of Pitt … there is a reason no one ranked them even at 4-0. Other than Miami our schedule should literally be coin tossed.

Ypp o vs d
Miami 8.15/4.86. 8th srs
Pitt 7.55/4.9 28th SRS
BC 5.78/4.84. 46th SRS
UConn 6.15/5.06 48th SRS
NC St 5.34/5.86 101st SRS
VT 5.8/5.43 19th SRS
Cal 5.65/4.94 61st SRS

Syracuse 6.06/5.65 41st SRS

Not saying this is a perfect predictor because it's still early and there might still be outliers in performance against cupcakes

We have the second worst defense and the 3rd best offense in yards per play out of the eight teams on that list

4-3 winning shootouts would be a good outcome
Stanford hurts. 9 win regular seasons are in special territory for us

VT might be lucky

One week at a time. It seems like every week something can change the possible outlook of the next week.

NC State is now down to a Fr Qb, but the game will be at night, so the crowd will be bonkers at kickoff. And it's not like Bailey is just being thrown into the game, he has thrown more passes Grayson already.

And they certainly have talent, especially at Wr and Rb. Conception is a PROBLEM. Missed tackles on him...oh boy. And as a team they average 3.9 yards per rush.

This is going to be a very difficult game, and our first true road game test. Sorry UNLV.

Same offensive gameplan as UNLV will be needed to pull this one out. Long drives and keeping their O off the field.

One week at a time. It seems like every week something can change the possible outlook of the next week.

NC State is now down to a Fr Qb, but the game will be at night, so the crowd will be bonkers at kickoff. And it's not like Bailey is just being thrown into the game, he has thrown more passes Grayson already.

And they certainly have talent, especially at Wr and Rb. Conception is a PROBLEM. Missed tackles on him...oh boy. And as a team they average 3.9 yards per rush.

This is going to be a very difficult game, and our first true road game test. Sorry UNLV.

Same offensive gameplan as UNLV will be needed to pull this one out. Long drives and keeping their O off the field.
I feel the defensive game plan will be different than UNLV. NCst qb does not appear to be much of a runner. I expect a four man rush some times being five to get pressure. D will be able to focus on getting to the qb versus worrying about him breaking contain for long runs.
Now special teams is a whole different issue as we all know.

I feel the defensive game plan will be different than UNLV. NCst qb does not appear to be much of a runner. I expect a four man rush some times being five to get pressure. D will be able to focus on getting to the qb versus worrying about him breaking contain for long runs.
Now special teams is a whole different issue as we all know.
Counter point, and I agree with the need to bring preasure. But...

If Cuse does bring pressure, one on the two things must happen. Either the pressure gets there, or the secondary tackles immediately upon the short completion.

Honestly, kind of wild how the narrative of the schedule has shifted tremendously in the past month.

People are nitwits who look at a schedule preseason and think it’ll be easy. Especially for a team that has been fighting just to be 6-6.

If you were ranking these in order of difficulty you have VT way too low. They’ve played well all year, all close losses to good teams. They have a nasty pass rush to boot.
I just ranked them by record, and agree with you.

Ypp o vs d
Miami 8.15/4.86. 8th srs
Pitt 7.55/4.9 28th SRS
BC 5.78/4.84. 46th SRS
UConn 6.15/5.06 48th SRS
VT 5.8/5.43 19th SRS
Cal 5.65/4.94 61st SRS

Not saying this is a perfect predictor because it's still early and there might still be outliers in performance against cupcakes

We have the second worst defense and the 3rd best offense in yards per play out of the eight teams on that list

VT might be lucky
I dont see a game we cant win or lose. I believe we beat BC Uconn NC state. Road at Pitt, Cal will be tough. Miami at home because it is at home gives us a chance. VT is a toss-up.
I see 4 more wins. Anything beyond that is a bonus.

People are nitwits who look at a schedule preseason and think it’ll be easy. Especially for a team that has been fighting just to be 6-6.
The whole exercise is silly. I wonder if Bama thought Vandy was a win preseason. No one knows anything!!! That’s why it’s the greatest reality programming ever invented.

It might actually be easier.

Miami does not look as good as they did at the start. VA Tech is very hard to figure out right now. They are all over the place. The Pitt O is much better, but they haven't played anyone. BC is looking overrated still from the FSU game. Mizzou is not Mizzou of last year and BC was lucky to keep that one close. Cal won't be easy but at the same time they find ways to lose games. UConn should have lose to Temple. Temple! NC State stinks.

Just off of talent alone we should be able to get 4-3 against these teams.

Ypp o vs d
Miami 8.15/4.86. 8th srs
Pitt 7.55/4.9 28th SRS
BC 5.78/4.84. 46th SRS
UConn 6.15/5.06 48th SRS
VT 5.8/5.43 19th SRS
Cal 5.65/4.94 61st SRS

VT might be lucky
Good data. Part of me feels that if we beat Stanford, we would have lost to UNLV. I feel like losing to Stanford gave us just enough of a chip to carry us through against UNLV.

So 4-1 right now either way.

The whole exercise is silly. I wonder if Bama thought Vandy was a win preseason. No one knows anything!!! That’s why it’s the greatest reality programming ever invented.
If they played as many games as basketball hockey and baseball, it would all regress to a non random true really

Football is carnage and randomness, it's funny how much we love that

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SYRtoBOS

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom