Class of 2014 - remaining spots | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 remaining spots

Are you sure? Not saying that you are wrong, just seems, from the outside looking in, that the player would need to fully qualify for academic scholarship under the university's standard requirements. Otherwise, why wouldn't programs all over the country move out non contributing returning players to free up football scholarships?

Doesn't seem ethical or within NCAA rules.

It would very unethical if the NCAA comes in tell the kid who's career is over due to injury or serious health issues you no longer can get a free education and at the same time punish the school for doing the right thing.

whatever the numbers are we take 5-6 more kids. there will be more attrition

No.

Played in 2010
Played in 2011
Played in 2012
Played in only 1 game in 2013 before suffering a season ending injury ... making him eligible for a medical hardship waiver.

He's expected back in 2014.
I'd love to see what he can do with one full healthy year. Kid deserves it too.

I'd love to see what he can do with one full healthy year. Kid deserves it too.
When healthy, Flemming is incredably good. Size, speed, hands, route running, smarts, etc. Anyone not wanting this kid back for one more shot is seriously underestimating his value to the WR position next yr. I have him penciled in as a starter with West dropping to 2nd team.

Last edited:
When healthy, Flemming is incredably good. Size, speed, hands, route running, etc. Anyone not wanting this kid back for one more shot is seriously umderestimating his value to the WR position next yr. I have him penciled in as a starter with West dropping to 2nd team.
I didn't say I didn't want him back , but he has had horrible luck with injuries all during his career. I know he is very talented.

Wish List with Cuse %:

Ishmael - Louisville has entered in as a major player here - kid is tight McD, Eduoard and Dowels though. Cuse - 75%
Ward - we're currently in the lead, staff feels good here - Cuse 75%
Wilbon - if he makes it to campus, I'd give us a 60% shot
Zeek - Wake lean IMO who is currently on an OV there - Cuse 40%
Kayton Samuels - I personally think Kayton has much higher upside. Staff wants both DT's. - Cuse 90%
Jon Thomas - big ? mark about his eligibility though. We don't have a chance if Miami or Georgia offer late - Cuse 70% right now
Cajuste - another raw kid with upside, WVU lean - Cuse 30%
Cordy - long-time Cuse recruit who I think ends up here - Cuse 50%
Trumain Washington - guessing he goes to Louisville - Cuse 25%

There are a few outliers too. I don't have too much to share, I just know that they are looking at other kids but playing it close to the vest.

The top 5 can be interchanged here. Must, MUST gets for this class. Staff feels good on all three, but there is some serious competition with Ward, Ishmael and Zeek. Need to grab one of these DTs.

This will end up a great class in terms of Syracuse recruiting.
Your wish list and odds are as good as anyone's. I think we still take 6-8 more. Coaches probably know who won't predict, but are willing to take a chance that one or more will qualify. Prep school stashing is a possibity with the right recruits. Grey shirting is a possibility for one or two that need just a bit more work academically or need to recover from nagging injuries.I count up to 4 on your list that may be on the qualification bubble.

I didn't say I didn't want him back , but he has had horrible luck with injuries all during his career. I know he is very talented.
Never thought that about your post. Directed to those who keep saying he should move on to free up a schollie. That's stupid. His injuries are not chronic, i.e., bad wheels. His injuries have been bad breaks (no pun intended) but recoverable. Yes, injury prone, but let's hope the odds reverse in his favor this yr.

Never thought that about your post. Directed to those who keep saying he should move on to free up a schollie. That's stupid. His injuries are not chronic, i.e., bad wheels. His injuries have been bad breaks (no pun intended) but recoverable. Yes, injury prone, but let's hope the odds reverse in his favor this yr.
Agreed. I really feel for the kid.

I hope he is as good as you think he is. It's difficult to evaluate since I'm not at practice every day but you have to love his size and determination. Believe it or not, I think he only has one career catch.

If Flemming comes back healthy , he should start and have a fine senior season.

Agreed. I really feel for the kid.

I hope he is as good as you think he is. It's difficult to evaluate since I'm not at practice every day but you have to love his size and determination. Believe it or not, I think he only has one career catch.

2 catches for 18 yards in 2013. His 2013 stats are his career stats.
He's a guy who I really thought was going to bust out last year but now I'm not sure it's ever going to happen.
He has really had an unbelievable streak of bad luck with injuries.

Wish List with Cuse %:

Ishmael - Louisville has entered in as a major player here - kid is tight McD, Eduoard and Dowels though. Cuse - 75%
Ward - we're currently in the lead, staff feels good here - Cuse 75%
Wilbon - if he makes it to campus, I'd give us a 60% shot
Zeek - Wake lean IMO who is currently on an OV there - Cuse 40%
Kayton Samuels - I personally think Kayton has much higher upside. Staff wants both DT's. - Cuse 90%
Jon Thomas - big ? mark about his eligibility though. We don't have a chance if Miami or Georgia offer late - Cuse 70% right now
Cajuste - another raw kid with upside, WVU lean - Cuse 30%
Cordy - long-time Cuse recruit who I think ends up here - Cuse 50%
Trumain Washington - guessing he goes to Louisville - Cuse 25%

There are a few outliers too. I don't have too much to share, I just know that they are looking at other kids but playing it close to the vest.

The top 5 can be interchanged here. Must, MUST gets for this class. Staff feels good on all three, but there is some serious competition with Ward, Ishmael and Zeek. Need to grab one of these DTs.

This will end up a great class in terms of Syracuse recruiting.
1) If Washington and Cordy are coming in as a package deal, we may have an advantage over L'ville; with question marks surrounding Whig, Dawson and Dowels, staff may make both a priority.
2) Possible Dawson may GS to allow longer recovery from illness, build up S&C, then enroll in January.

Check KJ's thread. Looks like he doesn't have the SAT numbers yet. Was supposedly taking them again today. I hope he gets the number he needs, but sounds like he would be a casualty if he doesn't.

Check KJ's thread. Looks like he doesn't have the SAT numbers yet. Was supposedly taking them again today. I hope he gets the number he needs, but sounds like he would be a casualty if he doesn't.
He'll have at least one more opportunity to take the test in the spring.

We have 18 kids on board

WW is retro'd to 2012
Long and Cooper are 2013
Barnwell's ship is open

Let us presume we will lose 1-3 players off team for a variety of possible reasons
Let us presume 2-4 kids will not qualify

This leaves us with five or six spots still available at a minimum

Thoughts?

Who is Barnwell??

Who is Barnwell??

Poncho Barnwell... DE from Rochester that committed back in 2011 or 2012, but never made it here. Went to Milford, then JUCO. Staff moved on and he's headed to Old Dominion now. money3189 knows all about him.

[q
Per twitter an offer just went out to an Alabama CB. (The rest is subscriber info.)
Maybe Washington's commiting to 'Ville. Hope not, I'm impressed with Trumaine and still hope he OV's here next weekend.

[q

Maybe Washington's commiting to 'Ville. Hope not, I'm impressed with Trumaine and still hope he OV's here next weekend.

he didn't commit on the visit

Are you sure? Not saying that you are wrong, just seems, from the outside looking in, that the player would need to fully qualify for academic scholarship under the university's standard requirements. Otherwise, why wouldn't programs all over the country move out non contributing returning players to free up football scholarships?

Doesn't seem ethical or within NCAA rules.

What about financial aid for those who qualify?

Poncho Barnwell... DE from Rochester that committed back in 2011 or 2012, but never made it here. Went to Milford, then JUCO. Staff moved on and he's headed to Old Dominion now. money3189 knows all about him.

Ok.

Yes, I recall the guy.