Class of 2022 - Remaining targets thread Class of 2022 | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2022 Remaining targets thread Class of 2022

Love me some Geer
Yeah get the feeling he is going to be our next d-line stud. He received a great write up prior to coming and he already has the size. Definitely looking for him in the Spring game. Our freshman lbs were pretty well regarded also. Definitely could find their way to the 2 deep next year. Assuming (token recruiting reference so I don't get the eye from CL :) ) we don't get any new recruits pushing them out like maybe the DT out of FL we grabbed.

Yeah get the feeling he is going to be our next d-line stud. He received a great write up prior to coming and he already has the size. Definitely looking for him in the Spring game. Our freshman lbs were pretty well regarded also. Definitely could find their way to the 2 deep next year. Assuming (token recruiting reference so I don't get the eye from CL :) ) we don't get any new recruits pushing them out like maybe the DT out of FL we grabbed.
We’re badly trying to land Verse, I’d have to imagine if we don’t we’d still be in the market for a DL. Kind of odd that Dino didn’t mention that position in his interview when we know we’re recruiting Verse.

If I had to guess, I'd expect the starting trio to be:

Okechukwu [Black]
Lockett [Williams]
Geer [Jonathan / Roscoe]

Fuentes and Darton give us a solid trio of DTs with the ability to get upfield and make plays. But there's no true run plugger in that group.

Good to hear about McDonald. I also hope that Chase Simmons takes a step forward.
Agree with the starters unless we get a couple defensive line transfers which I think we do. Also think Fuentes and Lockett are really good and will be a great combo for years to come. Like the DT we got out of Florida this year too.

If I’m being honest don’t think Simmons will ever get much playing time here. Nothing against him just the kids around him are already better and I think the kid we are bringing in from Jersey this class is better than him as well. Lockett, Fuentes, Greer are going to be very good for us.

Agree with the starters unless we get a couple defensive line transfers which I think we do. Also think Fuentes and Lockett are really good and will be a great combo for years to come. Like the DT we got out of Florida this year too.
. Lockett, Fuentes, Greer are going to be very good for us.
I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but how do you know? The only one that even played much was Lockett.

I'm not saying you're right or wrong, but how do you know? The only one that even played much was Lockett.
Lockett and Fuentes have both played. Lockett was very good when he was in. Fuentes played limited time, already has a physical presence, played well when he was in and had the offers. Greer I just saw some articles and saw some people on here “in the know” talk that the coaches are high on him. He was also sought after coming out and dude also has the physical presence. Not saying he’s going to be Chandler Jones but he has the same body type. Athletic, lengthy 6-5, etc…

If I’m being honest don’t think Simmons will ever get much playing time here. Nothing against him just the kids around him are already better and I think the kid we are bringing in from Jersey this class is better than him as well. Lockett, Fuentes, Greer are going to be very good for us.
Agree with your Lockett, Greer comment but writing off Simmons seems a bit early for that. People thought Okechukwu was going to not pan out either and he has. Simmons may just take a bit longer before he hits his stride for us.

Regarding Simmons, do you speak from inside knowledge or are you just spitballing from your keyboard? If you're just making stuff up, how does that help anybody?

Interesting we have had a couple of new offers reported on the defensive side of the ball but I thought there would be some action this week at least with offers (reported) out to the offensive side of the ball.

Interesting we have had a couple of new offers reported on the defensive side of the ball but I thought there would be some action this week at least with offers (reported) out to the offensive side of the ball.
It looks to me as though Coach Anae and Coach Beck have had a lot of success getting talent through the portal. Even before it was 'jumbo sized'.

I believe they are working it behind the scenes. With the track record they have developing QBs, WRs and TEs, I like our chances of getting players from the portal at all 3 positions. I bet they would love to add them this month, so they can enroll and play spring ball.

This will be a good early test of their ability to acquire talent on this side of the ball.

Gotta be a challenge with the dead period, Anae in Hawaii and Beck in Virginia.

On a related topic, found this article on an Omaha newspaper site about Nebraska's search for a new OC. Coach Anae was apparently someone they were very interested in. Sounds like they went with Whipple at least in part because he was a lot cheaper to bring in.

It looks to me as though Coach Anae and Coach Beck have had a lot of success getting talent through the portal. Even before it was 'jumbo sized'.

I believe they are working it behind the scenes. With the track record they have developing QBs, WRs and TEs, I like our chances of getting players from the portal at all 3 positions. I bet they would love to add them this month, so they can enroll and play spring ball.

This will be a good early test of their ability to acquire talent on this side of the ball.

On a related topic, found this article on an Omaha newspaper site about Nebraska's search for a new OC. Coach Anae was apparently someone they were very interested in. Sounds like they went with Whipple at least in part because he was a lot cheaper to bring in.

I suspect they are working the UVA portal kids as well. I’d be really surprised if we don’t add 1-2 of those kids.

Get to stay in the ACC and get to play for your OC.

I'm waiting to see if FL WR Jullian Lewis pops up. Kid tore up South Florida this fall but I wonder if grades are an issue. Had an in-home with Swag on Dec2.

I'm waiting to see if FL WR Jullian Lewis pops up. Kid tore up South Florida this fall but I wonder if grades are an issue. Had an in-home with Swag on Dec2.
Waiting on final grades here?

Waiting on final grades here?

No idea and I'm just speculating. His physical attributes 6-2 200 and numbers against top Florida competition suggest he should have a lot of P5 offers. He was committed to Georgia Tech as a junior I believe.

Against Aquinas he had 9 catches for 121 yards and 2 TDs. 6 for 142 against Miramar. Bunch of 100 yard games. I'm fairly certain he led all of South Florida in yards.

Keytaon Thompson from UVA would be an interesting name should he enter the portal

Keytaon Thompson from UVA would be an interesting name should he enter the portal

They had a couple of young QBs hit the portal also. Love to bring in at least one QB from the Virginia Portal as it might help them transition to their offense. One QB and One WR at least would be awesome from UVA.

They had a couple of young QBs hit the portal also. Love to bring in at least one QB from the Virginia Portal as it might help them transition to their offense. One QB and One WR at least would be awesome from UVA.
Thompson was 10 short of 1000 yards receiving this year and he also took snaps at QB. He very much looks the part of "football player" in Anae's system.

Thompson was 10 short of 1000 yards receiving this year and he also took snaps at QB. He very much looks the part of "football player" in Anae's system.

I read on this board someplace that they like to recruit athletes at QB and then let the chips fall where they do as terms as position.

I read on this board someplace that they like to recruit athletes at QB and then let the chips fall where they do as terms as position.
Anae literally has a position he calls FBP - "football player." This is often an athletic QB, like Key Thompson (who played QB at Mississippi St coincidentally) on the field at the same time as the QB1. Anae and Beck recruit athletic, playmaking QBs and look to get them on the field at multiple positions. UVA had 5 scholarship QBs in 2021, and all 5 saw the field last season.

Mendenhall said. “Last year when Brennan got hurt, that just doubled down on our direction of putting more quarterbacks on the field, but not only more quarterbacks, more football players, and not only more football players, good athletes that can do multiple things."

You guys know his name is Geer, right?
Learn It.gif