Syracuse 2018:
Rushing attempts per game: 44. #16
Rushing % per game:52.8% #64
Rushing yards/game: 214.5. #29

Syracuse 2017:
Rushing attempts per game:39.8 #47
Rushing % per game: 45.34% #114
Rushing yards/game: 161.9. #63

Add in an Ish/Phillips combo, and fahgettaboutit...

Curious to see what happens when you take away ED's numbers in that.

Curious to see what happens when you take away ED's numbers in that.
EDs #'s

Games: 9
Rush attempts: 143
Rush yards: 595
Average:. 4.2 yards
Yards per game: 66.1
Rushing attempts/game:. 15.88

Games: 7
Attempts: 92
Yards: 477
Average: 5.2
Yards per game: 68.14
Attempts/game:. 13.1

The Oline has improved.

I think we all thought that.
I didn't. My own experience with shoulder pain as well as working in physical therapy made me think differently. Not knowing his injury, I would guess he needs at least a month to be able to play without worrying it's going to hurt or it feeling weak.

we scored 13 pts in 2 OT games across 7 games of the season so it helped us 2pts per game.. still not a ton of difference
Two punt tds too. I wish there an easy way to measure offensive regulation tds by team with publicly available data. Leave out OT, defense, special teams, and fg kickers

I didn't. My own experience with shoulder pain as well as working in physical therapy made me think differently. Not knowing his injury, I would guess he needs at least a month to be able to play without worrying it's going to hurt or it feeling weak.

what's his injury ?

everyone complains about 3-outs yet we scored almost half the time we have the ball?

we had 2 in the first half last week 3 in the 2nd half

UNC had 6 and one they kept going by making a 4th down run.

this points out the oline is better but still just an AVG oline most of the time..

interesting that Pitts is so high when they really couldnt throw much vs SU with the pressure.

No kidding, that's why the words "remarkable" and "smoothly" is in the subject.

Your comment isn't some great revelation, I don't need the pedantic lecture.
You clearly do need a lecture, given you listed a laundry list of irrelevant numbers and some other poster feels that “explosiveness” in and of itself wins games.

As for your feelings (which are very clearly hurt), if you don’t want people to point out your stupidity, don’t be stupid in a literal public forum. I’m not your mother, and this isn’t a safe space. Also, as a general life tip, it’s not a great idea to lash out at people who are trying to help you ;)

Last edited:
we also only had three 3 and outs vs Clemson.

still lack of consistent offense lost the 2 games for us.

this points out the oline is better but still just an AVG oline most of the time..

interesting that Pitts is so high when they really couldnt throw much vs SU with the pressure.
I was surprised that BC was at 5. I seem to remember preseason reports of them having the best line in the ACC.

Loved seeing us at 10th for scoring possessions. Puts almost every offense style debate to rest, for me.

we also only had three 3 and outs vs Clemson.

still lack of consistent offense lost the 2 games for us.
Scoring more consistently than 120 other teams, is still kinda nice .. ;-)

But yeah, would have been nice to have delivered in those bigger moments.

This info is interesting but I don't think it takes the schemes into account. NC State runs an offense based on a lot of quick release/short passes. It is almost impossible to give up sacks or get a lot of hurries if you almost never call slow developing pass plays.

Syracuse throws it deep a lot. Much different environment for the OL, I think it is a lot harder to rack up good grades when you have to hold your block for a couple extra seconds on a regular basis.

If anything it's a more complete grade, than, say, a GT. We're still 53% run, and we do have a bunch of quick passes. We'd need the passes past x grades, if PFF even has them... I'm just not willing to Shell out cash for a membership, that I don't know the extent of what they provide... :-(

Does anyone know? If they have full report cards on individual players, with multiple categories, etc. It'd be worth it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom