Remarkable Weekend! | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Remarkable Weekend!

So, is the Inn full now? If so, there may not be a need for any OVs this coming weekend.
I was hoping that Killins would join the #DomeDudes.

The Inn is not full yet. Killins is still supposed to visit. not sure about anyone else, might just be him and whomever they can get last minute.

On deck for this week are:

RB Adrian Killins (UCF Commit) Daytona Beach, FL Mainland
3 star 5.6 (O) Iowa State, Syracuse, Temple, Kansas, LVille, Miami, USF, WVU

DB Marquis Smith Ypsilanti, MI Ypsilanti
3 star 5.5 (O) Indiana, Iowa St, Cincinnati, Toledo, Ball St, WMichigan

DB Armunz Matthews (USF Commit) Tallahassee, FL North Florida Christian
3 Star 5.5 (O) Maryland, Indiana, Kentucky, LVille, Missouri, Utah, Wisconsin, Arizona, LSU, Oklahoma, Temple others

DE Jerrion Nelson Columbia, MO Battle
3 Star 5.5 (O) Iowa, Iowa St, Purdue, Bowling Green, Ball St, Toledo, Tulsa, Wyoming

DE Drew Beesley (BGSU Decommit) Warren, MI De La Salle
2 Star 5.3 (O) Air Force, Army, Ball St, Bowling Green, Miami (OH), Northern Illinois, Toledo, WMichigan

DE Josh White Marietta, GA Walton
2 Star 5.4 (O) Mississippi St, Air Force, Army, Navy

Last edited:
Florida kids:

DB Rashad Smith Homestead, FL Homestead
6'1" 179
2 stars 5.4

DB Devon Clarke Kissimmee, FL Osceola
6'3" 190
3 stars 5.5

DB Scoop Bradshaw Tampa, FL Plant
5'11" 170
2 stars 5.4

I love the size of these DBs! It seems like we HAD been looking for bigger DBs until the last class or two under Shafer. Glad to see that approach is back on track. Sure, some of these 5-9, 5-10 kids are fast and can jump, but I hate having a secondary that is full of smurfs like that. We always seem to come up against teams with 6-4 WRs and they just beat us jump balls. Tired of that stuff.

So, is the Inn full now? If so, there may not be a need for any OVs this coming weekend.
I was hoping that Killins would join the #DomeDudes.

Well this past weekend certainly puts the pressure on those who are visiting next weekend. We can't have more than a few slots left.

I love the size of these DBs! It seems like we HAD been looking for bigger DBs until the last class or two under Shafer. Glad to see that approach is back on track. Sure, some of these 5-9, 5-10 kids are fast and can jump, but I hate having a secondary that is full of smurfs like that. We always seem to come up against teams with 6-4 WRs and they just beat us jump balls. Tired of that stuff.

We’re probably sacrificing speed for size but it might not matter if we’re playing zone. We absolutely needed to get bigger at safety and we’re doing that for sure. Safeties don’t have to be fast. They need to be smart and big hitters imo.

A bit off topic but the tampa2 scheme worries me when it comes to stopping running QB’s.

On deck for this week are:

RB Adrian Killins (UCF Commit) Daytona Beach, FL Mainland
3 star 5.6 (O) Iowa State, Syracuse, Temple, Kansas, LVille, Miami, USF, WVU

DB Marquis Smith Ypsilanti, MI Ypsilanti
3 star 5.5 (O) Indiana, Iowa St, Cincinnati, Toledo, Ball St, WMichigan

DB Armunz Matthews (USF Commit) Tallahassee, FL North Florida Christian
3 Star 5.5 (O) Maryland, Indiana, Kentucky, LVille, Missouri, Utah, Wisconsin, Arizona, LSU, Oklahoma, Temple others

DE Jerrion Nelson Columbia, MO Battle
3 Star 5.5 (O) Iowa, Iowa St, Purdue, Bowling Green, Ball St, Toledo, Tulsa, Wyoming

DE Drew Beesley (BGSU Decommit) Warren, MI De La Salle
2 Star 5.3 (O) Air Force, Army, Ball St, Bowling Green, Miami (OH), Northern Illinois, Toledo, WMichigan

DE Josh White Marietta, GA Walton
2 Star 5.4 (O) Mississippi St, Air Force, Army, Navy

Killins & White are the only two that MIGHT visit. The rest are out.

Interesting. Any thoughts on Phat's suggestion White may be recruited as QB?

Nelson is out?

If White's only visitor, then who are we realistically down to accepting commits from; Cooper, Reese, Walton and White?

I'll take 40-50 with a month of recruiting. I'll also take a hit on McKinley Williams' 2 star. He easily could and probably should be a 3 star. I think that his weight/position hurt him but he is a very fit 250 and will be able to put on weight and still be fit.

Cooper/Reese and then it's anyone's guess

if/when Walton commits(and I expect that he will), they will accept it. Beyond him, Cooper and Reese it is indeed a guessing game

if/when Walton commits(and I expect that he will), they will accept it. Beyond him, Cooper and Reese it is indeed a guessing game
well yeah that was implied.

We need another QB. Hope the staff can get lucky this last week and maybe someone decent decommits.

We need another QB. Hope the staff can get lucky this last week and maybe someone decent decommits.
no we dont. We are good at QB take 2 next year

Don't get the sense there's a viable QB recruit out there now.

Really interested to see who Babers targets for QB in next cycle, really hope he can pull a high profile kid, Dungey will be a Junior when that QB arrives so it should be an easier sell for relatively quick playing time.

His cousin Vampire Weekend really turned into a star on D. Was great in night games.

Meanwhile, Rutgers is apparently trying hard to land Weekend at Bernies.

They feel he's a perfect fit for their program.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom