Remarkable Weekend! | Syracusefan.com

Remarkable Weekend!

Also, FWIW, we have more three star athletes in this class than we've had in recent memory. I don't know enough to rate anybody by myself, but we seem to have gotten some really quality guys.

Also, FWIW, we have more three star athletes in this class than we've had in recent memory. I don't know enough to rate anybody by myself, but we seem to have gotten some really quality guys.
and still in the bottom third of the lowest ranked P5 conference! Crazy

We will move up some more if we are able to fill the class. Also they were able to do this in a month. If Babers has the kind of success on the field he hopes I expect next year to be even better on the recruiting front.

56264061.jpg

I never recall as many commitments in one weekend.

Really like the Florida kids and the tall MD WR!
I have been following SU football recruiting for 40 years, perhaps a bit more. I can't remember a weekend like this. Ever.

It is great it happened because I can't remember a year where we had so many open scholarships with so little time remaining until LOI day.

This was the first really impressive tangible step the new staff has taken towards rebuilding the program. It is good to see things starting to move forward.

I have been following SU football recruiting for 40 years, perhaps a bit more. I can't remember a weekend like this. Ever.

It is great it happened because I can't remember a year where we had so many open scholarships with so little time remaining until LOI day.

This was the first really impressive tangible step the new staff has taken towards rebuilding the program. It is good to see things starting to move forward.
Also might be our best year getting the most recruits out of Florida Volume wise. Now just give it a few years to see if we hit liquid gold

Rovals has us ranked #50.
Doesn't seem that great...until we remember that the last time we fired a coaching staff and brought in an outsider the resulting recruiting class ranked in the 100's.

upload_2016-1-25_8-29-26.png

Rovals has us ranked #50.

We could still get near #40 if things break right. When I made my earlier projections I was anticipating getting a commit from Fitzgerald who's a 4 star, and a surprise from Malik Harrison. Neither went as planned lol.

We need at least 1 four star kid to really bump us on rvls. We're 1 of only 4 schools in the top 50 without a 4 star kid.

Smith, Butler and McKinnely pulled us down. Had they been at least 3 star, a 4oth rank would've been a lock.

Only twice since 2006 has Syracuse finished ranked worse than #54 in recruiting (according to Scowt) - both of those years coincided with coaching changes (2009 - #102, 2013 - #73).

It bodes very well that this class will be ranked similarly to a "normal" SU class ranking considering the coaching change and the scrambling Babers and Co. had to do in the span of a month.

I'm looking forward to seeing what this staff can do recruiting with a full year to work with.

9 out of 9 is truly remarkable. Very interested to see what this staff can do with a full cycle.
No doubt Bnoro! And what if they actually win... We've been selling a "change the culture bs," for long enough. What if we got the team aligned in a similar fashion to the way it was right after the 2012 Pinstripe Bowl. Huge win over WV and a coach that was coming back. Could be a great time for us fans!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom