Remember our Dream 2017 Class?

EastCoast2

Board Mathematician
Green, Diallo, Richards?

Last night vs. KSU:
Q. Green: 25 min, 2-5, 6 pts
H. Diallo: 13 min, 1-4, 2 pts
N. Richards: 8 min, 1 reb, 1 pt

Gilgeous-Alexander, Knox, and PJ Washington look like very good players. Quade very well may be a 4 year backup. "Plan B" all 4 years at UK.

Green, Diallo, Richards?

Last night vs. KSU:

Gilgeous-Alexander, Knox, and PJ Washington look like very good players. Quade very well may be a 4 year backup. "Plan B" all 4 years at UK.
Were any of those guys on Cal's radar before we got involved?

Green, Diallo, Richards?

Last night vs. KSU:

Knox set some strange dominoes in motion that adversely impacted us. If he picks Duke instead of UK, then Tucker ends up here. There's no way of knowing, but on a scoring / shooting challenged squad, I envision that Tucker might have been able to provide a boost. Maybe even as a starting 3.

Oh well -- water under the bridge.

Quade is in a tough spot. He made a bad choice going there. If he doesn't round into form by next year, he'll need to transfer out. Richards looks like Dakari Johnson 2 -- big, strong, a bit mechanical. And overrated.

Knox set some strange dominoes in motion that adversely impacted us. If he picks Duke instead of UK, then Tucker ends up here. There's no way of knowing, but on a scoring / shooting challenged squad, I envision that Tucker might have been able to provide a boost. Maybe even as a starting 3.

Quade is in a tough spot. He made a bad choice going there. If he doesn't round into form by next year, he'll need to transfer out. Richards looks like Dakari Johnson 2 -- big, strong, a bit mechanical. And overrated.
On the flip side I don’t think Tucker had the love and loyalty that all our current players have. He seems a little Taureanish to me. No bad vibes here in our locker room from here out please

I’m very happy with Brissett, Marek, and Sidibe. All 3 of them are players. Too many on here were freaking out last spring. Not a bad class at all.

Time will tell but that might be selling the class short. If Brissett had been a five star (and he probably should have been), it looks a lot better. Sidibe and dolezaj also both have the potential to be very good. And that doesn’t even count Hughes. Lot of uncertainty still but that class has been as good as we could possibl have hope.

my guess is that if tucker had been here and shot it well enough in practice as expected, he would have started at the 3 and brissett at the 4 instead of moyer.

Green, Diallo, Richards?

Last night vs. KSU:

Knox has looked good all season that I have seen.

I think he'll be a solid NBA guy too. Reminds me of Jayson Tatum.

He's not as good as Tatum was his only year.

Kentucky's class should all be back outside Knox and SGA.

I’m very happy with Brissett, Marek, and Sidibe. All 3 of them are players. Too many on here were freaking out last spring. Not a bad class at all.

None had great years, that's for sure. I still like Diallo and Green to be really good college players if they end up staying. But the interesting question that situations like this (even when you're on the other side landing bigger names like McCullough and Bazely, etc.) is: How good is a really talented, short-term player for your program and is he actually a better recruit (for the program) than a less heralded player?

As a rule, short-term, it seems it's almost always better to get the higher-end athlete. I love Marek but he's going to take a little time. Same with Sidibe (though if he was healthy he would also have contributed more). But as much criticism those UK guys will take and as much as it was a 'down' year for them, they still got it together enough to win the SEC conference tourney and come awfully close to squeaking into the elite 8, finishing with that Sweet 16 loss.

But UK it would seem could still end up losing Diallo (after a meh season), Knox (after a good but not elite season), Gilgeous-Alexander (after a really, really good season), and who knows who else? So while that won't kill the Cats, who will re-load, for most teams that's a one-year window.

It's weird to say you'd prefer a guy like Marek to a guy like Knox b/c Marek's unlikely to ever be in the same league as Knox talent-wise. But if he stays 3-4 years (not a guarantee), I'd argue that he's every bit as important from a program perspective. Even UK, to be honest, needs it's guys like Gabriel and Washington (if he ends up being a 3/4-year guy).

Anyway, it's an interesting balance.

Quade actually took the worst shot possible to help seal it for KSU. I was shocked when he put that up. There is no way that is what Cal wanted on that critical possession.

Quade actually took the worst shot possible to help seal it for KSU. I was shocked when he put that up. There is no way that is what Cal wanted on that critical possession.
Called auditioning for the NBA.

Good luck with that I just don't see it
He's not that good.
Agreed and if World Wide Wes didn't open up the checkbook we all know where he would have been and played lots more.

Green, Diallo, Richards?

Last night vs. KSU:

Diallo looks like a bust but Green I like. If he's a 4 year backup, he'll be a hell of backup.

Kentucky could be very good next season. Richards Gabriel and Diallo In the front court with the freshman Quickley and Johnson at guard. If for Vanderbilt comes back they are preseason top 2. Keldon Johnson is an absolute stud.

Kentucky has an excellent class incoming. Will be interesting to see what happens with their bigs this year in terms of who leaves for the NBA.
Screen Shot 2018-03-23 at 9.09.45 PM.png

Kentucky has an excellent class incoming. Will be interesting to see what happens with their bigs this year in terms of who leaves for the NBA.View attachment 125208

Hey, let’s all go to UK to play 18 mpg and not even have any better of a team than any of the other good programs. Also, the toolbag coach can be “alllll in the videos, dancin’” trying to get his share of the credit during my NBA draft moment!

SMH.

Did you mean Quade made a BAG choice?.. :)