Remember when...? A fun summer thread | Syracusefan.com

Remember when...? A fun summer thread

ohmilax34

Scout Team
Remember in 2003 when some of the SU players had white cascade helmets where the blue visor part was bent down in the center? What was that all about? Did they unscrew it from where it normally gets attached and bend it lower and then attach it?

I can't find a picture of this, but I'm sure one of you can. I think Sean Lindsay did it, but he wasn't the only one.

When I saw this thread was about helmets I thought for sure this would be regarding the year a quarter of the team wore those weird STX helmets, but the rest of the team wore Cascades. There used to be a lot of discussion surrounding the design of lacrosse helmets (The Gait helmet!), but now they all look like Cascades. Seriously I can't tell the difference between a Cascade and an STX helmet anymore.

I can picture the helmet you are talking about in your post, but having a hard time finding a good picture of it.

If I recall, this was supposed to resemble a samurai helmet

Powell.jpg

That looks like a Cascade Pro 7. They came down low over the forehead. Looked pretty cool on the right person (depending on head shape).

As for the current helmets, the Cascade S and Warrior Burn have similarities but are different, especially the face masks. The STX Rival is an improvement on whatever the hell that monstrosity that Duke and Hopkins were wearing, but it’s still not as cool looking as the Cascade S.

Mikey Powell
Powell didn't do the helmet thing. If he did we'd have a picture of it up already, because there are more pictures of him than any other player from that time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlCuse

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom