REPORT: BE to Add Five Teams By Week's End... | Syracusefan.com

REPORT: BE to Add Five Teams By Week's End...

Faegan

All Conference
San Diego State, Boise for FB, and Central Florida, SMU & Houston for all

LINKY

It's like using a five gallon bucket to keep the Titanic afloat.

Poor ECU. I wonder what happens to Houston and SMU when their coaches leave? Such a short sighted panic move. Guess that's all they have left.

San Diego State, Boise for FB, and Central Florida, SMU & Houston for all

LINKY

Good.

Maybe this will allow the Orange to begin the ACC schedule in 2013.

so one more year in BE and then ACC? we prob wont play any of these teams.

You think that Houston, Boise State (and even San Diego State at 8-4) are buckets?

Wow.

Does every single thing said on this board have to be taken seriously and contested?

Does every single thing said on this board have to be taken seriously and contested?

Sorry.

I should have realized that your post was meant to be funny.

Sorry.

I should have realized that your post was meant to be funny.

No big deal. It's more of a slap at the Big East than the teams involved. San Diego- the definition of West Coast in my mind- in the Big East? Yeesh.

No big deal. It's more of a slap at the Big East than the teams involved. San Diego- the definition of West Coast in my mind- in the Big East? Yeesh.

Well, I guess that's where you and I feel differently about it.

I like the additions to the BE.

As I have said before, I am hoping it survives so Rutgers and UConn stay put.

Poor ECU. I wonder what happens to Houston and SMU when their coaches leave? Such a short sighted panic move. Guess that's all they have left.

^This. Beyond short-sighted. Just get me out of this cobbed together mess ASAP.

1. Haven't we heard this story before? That the BE is close to announcing?

2. If the BE wants a CG, I think that is bad news for us. I can see them forcing us to stay for 2013 for a CG and then replacing us with Navy/AF in 2014.

3. I am still very worried about how we schedule to replace TCU and WV this late in the game. We will likely end up with 2 1AA games. And maybe even 3.

So, we'll just have 6 league games if WVU leaves. Did we have any issues filling the schedule in 2004?

ECU and Memphis got hosed. I guess.

Nah, Big East is making us trade ECU Kobena in order for us to leave early. Memphis gets nothing, I'm afraid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, we'll just have 6 league games if WVU leaves. Did we have any issues filling the schedule in 2004?

We had one hole that year and filled it with a trip to Purdue with no return trip. We were screwed. This year we have TWO holes to fill.

We had one hole that year and filled it with a trip to Purdue with no return trip. We were screwed. This year we have TWO holes to fill.
Yeah, I looked at that schedule and we played 11 that year not including the bowl- need 12 next year.

Milhouse just lost it.
here was our chance to see some air raid offenses in the dome and we had to go and ruin everything by jumping ship simply because the ACC offers way more money, way more geographical sense, way more history, way better basketball, and way more renewed football rivalries.

You think that Houston, Boise State (and even San Diego State at 8-4) are buckets?

Wow.

The only team that I wouldn't consider is Boise. Houston has had a fantastic year this year. The question is if they can sustain it.

Subtract this year and they are 62-52 since 2002; in conference usa.

SDST? you're kidding.

The BE lost out on Navy, Air Force and even BYU. These new teams are a joke. I doubt Boise is going to jump just yet without some sort of guarantee that the BE is going to be part of the BCS.

here was our chance to see some air raid offenses in the dome and we had to go and ruin everything by jumping ship simply because the ACC offers way more money, way more geographical sense, way more history, way better basketball, and way more renewed football rivalries.

I figured you would at least be conflicted.

I love how this new conference will span coast-to-coast, yet will be called the Big East. I realize they can't change the name, I just find it funny.

I figured you would at least be conflicted.
i can't stay up for late night west coast games.

how crazy is it that big east fans will be home falling asleep during games where it's still light out for the players playing the game

Where's the outrage at the Big East raiding C-USA and the Mountain West?

;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom