Report: McDonald to WolfPack | Syracusefan.com

Report: McDonald to WolfPack

Whitey23

Twitter Wizard
@ThayerEvansSI
Syracuse WRs coach George McDonald has accepted the same position at North Carolina State per source.

Maybe Shafer hasn't gotten out of bed yet.

Not his best day.

McDonald has some stones. I mean going to Florida fine we all get it as they are an SEC power and will pay more than Syracuse, but to go NC State who is the little brother of the North Carolina Tarheels to be a WR coach is not an upgrade. He better be getting paid as if we lose recruits to NC State it won't look for him. I thought him and Shafer were friends.

I thought he would stay till after NSD.

Matt Schneidman ‏@matt_schneidman 38s38 seconds ago
Per Sports Illustrated, wide receivers coach George McDonald has accepted the same position at North Carolina State.

McDonald has some stones. I mean going to Florida fine we all get it as they are an SEC power and will pay more than Syracuse, but to go NC State who is the step-child of North Carolina to be a WR coach is not an upgrade. He better be getting paid as if we lose recruits to NC State it won't look for him.

Guy was demoted publicly (even if he was the reason it leaked to the media), and then his friend's replacement actually did worse and became the full-time OC. I can understand if he doesn't exactly worry about his loyalty to SU.

Guess he still has an axe to grind. Might want to check himself - our team was a lot of bad last year - but almost all of it was on offense. Our defense will have fun bearing down on NC State WR's (see: the game two years ago).

McDonald is just a year ahead of the other assistants in looking for a new job.
PLEASE...give it a rest.
Beating_A_Dead_Horse_by_livius.gif

It must be awful waking up every day in a world filled with doom and gloom.

Guy was demoted publicly (even if he was the reason it leaked to the media), and then his friend's replacement actually did worse and became the full-time OC. I can understand if he doesn't exactly worry about his loyalty to SU.
He wasn't demoted publicly it was as you described it. I agree with you about Lester and I have been on record that Scott Shafer as HC doesn't give me confidence. I just thought McDonald would leave after NSD which is a common courtesy and would leave for a better job than NC State.

not sure what the pay is but coming to syracuse didn't work out as planned.

guy was a WR coach for the browns, hurricans and razorbacks.

McF***It might've talked himself out of more than just the SU gig

we don't need a WR coach now because we're not going to use them anyway

McDonald has some stones. I mean going to Florida fine we all get it as they are an SEC power and will pay more than Syracuse, but to go NC State who is the little brother of the North Carolina Tarheels to be a WR coach is not an upgrade. He better be getting paid as if we lose recruits to NC State it won't look for him. I thought him and Shafer were friends.

Under the circumstances, I can't blame him for leaving. NCState may have been his only viable job offer.

Under the circumstances, I can't blame him for leaving. NCState may have been his only viable job offer.

And Lester and Shafer are all friends with Doreen and his OC. Looks like a lateral, face-saving move to me. (I take back my vehemence from like 5 min ago - forgot the NC State/SU connection).

Yeah, he might have only gotten this job on the basis of being able to bring a kid or 2 with him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom