Reports that SEC has turned down WFVU's application | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Reports that SEC has turned down WFVU's application

This is the best possible outcome for Syracuse right now. If it holds true to form, Mizzou goes to the SEC with A&M, the BE merges with the B12 and SU gets a HUGE recruiting advantage in key territories (Metro NY, PA NJ, etc.) over UConn, Rutgers and WVU.

That certainly doesn't look good for WVU. Unfortunately for them it looks like they are off to the Big East/Big 12 merger leftover league.

Enjoy your trip to Morgantown next year, those of you going. I'm locking myself in the house all day.

May be just a short term rejection. There are still scenarios out there where they could end up in either the SEC or ACC. Just seems like those Conferences are being selective with their remaining openings.

May be just a short term rejection. There are still scenarios out there where they could end up in either the SEC or ACC. Just seems like those Conferences are being selective with their remaining openings.

Yes like ACC waiting to see what ND does and SEC in no hurry right now...

I know UCONN and WVU have been thrown around as a possibilities to occupy the #15 and #16 spots available in joinning the ACC.
How much of a possibilty if any will be to try to get maybe UCONN and perhaps make an attempt at inciting interest in getting PENNSTATE as the last team for that #16 spot.????? I Know it may seem Far-Fetched but hey you never know....is there any interest of this????

Just wondering?

I know UCONN and WVU have been thrown around as a possibilities to occupy the #15 and #16 spots available in joinning the ACC.
How much of a possibilty if any will be to try to get maybe UCONN and perhaps make an attempt at inciting interest in getting PENNSTATE as the last team for that #16 spot.????? I Know it may seem Far-Fetched but hey you never know....is there any interest of this????

Just wondering?

So awesome, But PSU is set financially where they are. They'll never leave.

Tech might have a good engineering program, but it's a state school with a pretty poor reputation.

I was always under the impression VT had a pretty solid reputation, especially for a public school. I mean, it's not UVA or William & Mary but those are both public Ivy. Techs reputation has always been pretty solid