Rewatched the game last night | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rewatched the game last night

Of course that's what you'd believe -- confirmatory bias to support your narrative.

In actuality, the guy was not forced out of bounds by Greenwood, this has been covered extensively in other threads -- as Cuseregular states above. But what occurred afterwards could have been called PI, no doubt. Wouldn't have held up, given that the VT guy would have been an illegal receiver due to stepping out.

Impossible to say how the refs might have interpreted that.
Have you ever seen a PI call on a hail mary, pro or college? Very rare.

it is funny how little it takes to get a call on a normal play and how much they ignore on those other plays... maybe when we get to the 50 we should just try it it would be 1x1 or 1x2 and who knows..

You would probably have to connect on a haymaker to the guy's helmet to get a PI call on a hail mary.

Unfortunately, yes. Browns vs Lions 2009. But, it was pretty bad. WR got tackled in the end zone while the ball was in the air, iirc.

First of all, it feels terrific to win a road game like this, where we had to overcome adversity. We've been SO CLOSE these past three games, nice to finally get one to go our way. I have a feeling that this victory catapults us momentum-wise into what will eventually be viewed as the highly successful Garrett Shrader era of Syracuse football. Kid is going to be a problem for our opponents [he already is].

A couple of quick observations:

• Virginia Tech players are a bunch of punks. Especially #31 [Peoples], who was jawing and shoving -- uncalled of course -- after many plays. They had an OL also try to draw personal foul penalty after a play by pretending that he'd been shoved and falling down. Honestly, they act like Miami-lite out there -- glad we handed them a defeat.

• Tucker continues to impress. VT sold out to take him away in the second half, and that's when things open up with Shrader / the passing game. Speaking of which...

• The passing game is emerging. Against Liberty, the coaches didn't trust Shrader to throw, and played it as conservative as possible. He's proving now that he can throw just enough to keep defenses honest.

• Too many big play runs. I didn't notice McKinley Williams playing today, so maybe we were "soft" inside. We haven't given up those types of explosive plays all year long.

• The final possession at the end of the first half was absurd. Enough said.

• Given how the last few games have unfolded, I wouldn't have been remotely surprised if the special teams kicking miscues would have cost us the game. To let them return a blocked XP for a 2 point safety, and to come away empty at the end of the first half -- that was a lot to overcome. I was sweating out those two points at the end, prior to Shrader's / Alford's heroics -- could have cost us the game.

• Seemed like we were toast when we went down two scores. Kudos to our offense for getting a TD, and then using timeouts properly to force them to punt the ball back. Hanna had a huge, huge sack on 3rd down.

• Can't say enough about Shrader's play down the stretch. Moving the sticks, getting out of bounds, finding a way to pick up first downs, etc. And to say that he hung in the pocket on that last throw would be a massive understatement -- kid got crushed, but hung in there to make the best possible throw.

• Alford... wow. That VT defender never even knew that the ball was coming. Still can't believe it.

• VT has always been one of the schools I've loathed the most. Happy to see all of their dejected fans walk out in stunned silence.

• Huge game next week against BC -- must win. Need to gut it out at all costs to get the "W." Then, we have a much-needed bye week to rest, recuperate, and heal up for the stretch run.

Let's Go Orange!!!
That Alford catch was Alec Lemon and Steve Ishmael-like. Go up and get the ball rather than wait for it to get to you. Had he waited it would have hit the defenders helmet.

You would probably have to connect on a haymaker to the guy's helmet to get a PI call on a hail mary.
not a hail mary but i was in the dome when tee martin and tennessee beat us with a bogus PI call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom