rhonda rousey | Syracusefan.com

rhonda rousey

moqui

generational talent

lots of boos from the crowd. gonna be tough for her to get over with her lack of charisma.

Charisma has nothing to do with it! She never did anything after she got smacked is why they were booing!!!!!

Charisma has nothing to do with it! She never did anything after she got smacked is why they were booing!!!!!
there were boos upon her entrance, and it wasn't "rooouuusey" either

there were boos upon her entrance, and it wasn't "rooouuusey" either

Honestly I expected more boos. It's obvious HHH was trying to will the crowd into cheering. I think she might have a tough time handling the crowd reactions in WWE. It's not nearly the same as what she is used to, and she did not handle public "mockery" that well at all. Some of these WWE crowds can be ruthless. We know the point of a heel is to draw crowd reactions like booing, but if the fans simply don't like you for whatever reason, it doesn't really matter what persona you are trying to portray. In this business, reactions = good, but not everyone is cut out for this business.

I think her signing is all about the upcoming rights fees negotiations. She's got a big name, and WWE needs higher network rights fees to keep the stock price up despite decreasing ratings. This becomes all the more important with Lesnar possibly doing MMA again, Cena fading into the sunset, and Reigns just not over.

Honestly I expected more boos. It's obvious HHH was trying to will the crowd into cheering. I think she might have a tough time handling the crowd reactions in WWE. It's not nearly the same as what she is used to, and she did not handle public "mockery" that well at all. Some of these WWE crowds can be ruthless. We know the point of a heel is to draw crowd reactions like booing, but if the fans simply don't like you for whatever reason, it doesn't really matter what persona you are trying to portray. In this business, reactions = good, but not everyone is cut out for this business.
agreed. i remember when they initially tried to put rocky maivia over against the wishes of the crowd, and it just didn't work. but duane johnson has tons of charisma, and was able to channel that hostility into real heel heat and then accomplish the face turn later on. i don't see any of that charisma in rousey.

agreed. i remember when they initially tried to put rocky maivia over against the wishes of the crowd, and it just didn't work. but duane johnson has tons of charisma, and was able to channel that hostility into real heel heat and then accomplish the face turn later on. i don't see any of that charisma in rousey.

She doesn't have any persona. Based on what I saw yesterday, they are going to try to have her be a "face" by going up against HHH and Steph, who are typically the heels that rile up the crowds. The problem is, Ronda is going to be the "face" who acts a lot like a heel. Plenty of way to go before I can really make a judgment on her WWE ability, but it seems like she is going to really have to work hard with this. "Face" in the sense of who she feuds with, "heel" in the fact of how she expresses herself (lots of "frown" facial expressions)... no clue how the crowds will react. Stroman has always been booked as a heel but the crowd cheers him like he's a face and it works because his character is insanely over right now. Benoit (that lunatic..), also had those frown-like expressions and did not draw a lot of heat either way for a lot of his career, but it worked because he was one of the best all-time in the ring.

We shall see what happens tonight.

They have been trying a long time to get Reigns over to be the guy, and the crowd is not having it.

Rousey isn't good on the mic when she was in UFC and when she lost it showed she was being fed tomato cans.

I have no clue how she will be as a pro wrestler but she was a hype as a UFC fighter. Good luck in the WWE the mic is what you need to be a good wrestler. That gets the crowd on your side.

He isn't booed AS much but yeah... He won the chamber
I canceled my subscription to the network because I can’t stand Reigns.
It’s not cost. It was principal. I used to follow from Royal Rumble thru WM and just ignore the rest.
However Vince crams Reigns down people’s throats these last 3-4 years enough is enough.

I may not be the demo for Cena but at least I always respected his mic skills and knew he knew the truth and tried to have fun.

Reigns is awful on the mic and does the same crap in the ring. Vince won’t develop anyone else so enough is enough.

Rousey needs to work on the mic. She is strong and I am sure will fine in the ring.

It’s not cost. It was principal. I used to follow from Royal Rumble thru WM and just ignore the rest.
However Vince crams Reigns down people’s throats these last 3-4 years enough is enough.

I may not be the demo for Cena but at least I always respected his mic skills and knew he knew the truth and tried to have fun.

Reigns is awful on the mic and does the same crap in the ring. Vince won’t develop anyone else so enough is enough.

Rousey needs to work on the mic. She is strong and I am sure will fine in the ring.

Yeah I feel you. Some solid talent on currently Tho, especially in women's division. The women's rumble was awesome... Tons of old faces and damn they still got it!

We should have a legit yearly wwe thread here like NBA

They've got the perfect post-Wrestlemania scenario if only Vince will buy in--a double turn. Reigns heels on Strowman, and Strowman, who is being cheered much more than Reigns, becomes the babyface.

They can tease stuff up until Summer Slam, where the turn occurs, which would build to a Strowman/Reigns confrontation at Wrestlemania.

Last edited:
the old methods don't work anymore, wrestling fans are no longer marks. well, they are, but only because they choose to be. they won't swallow just anything.

they are trying to make the claim that rhonda is not getting any special treatment, that she'll have to earn everything. but everyone knows that is bs. she didn't work her way in through the development territories or nxt, like, for example, shayna baszler. and the fans know this. and they see her getting an immediate push by feuding with hhh & steph. the "no favoritism" angle is a lie. and it's not going to be accepted.

the old methods don't work anymore, wrestling fans are no longer marks. well, they are, but only because they choose to be. they won't swallow just anything.

they are trying to make the claim that rhonda is not getting any special treatment, that she'll have to earn everything. but everyone knows that is bs. she didn't work her way in through the development territories or nxt, like, for example, shayna baszler. and the fans know this. and they see her getting an immediate push by feuding with hhh & steph. the "no favoritism" angle is a lie. and it's not going to be accepted.
I've got a feeling she gets booed heavily tonight

Crowds after PPVs are rowdy

Wwe needs to be careful with this. Luckily they have her against two people the crowd always reacts to in Steph and Hhh, but that doesn't really mean anything if the crowd gets going

I've got a feeling she gets booed heavily tonight

Crowds after PPVs are rowdy

Wwe needs to be careful with this. Luckily they have her against two people the crowd always reacts to in Steph and Hhh, but that doesn't really mean anything if the crowd gets going

She's in Anaheim (I think) not in Philly. WWE's biggest worry will likely be that nobody gives a bleep. Stephanie's a great heel, though. My problem is that too much exposure to the McMahons leads to violent channel changes.

I haven't watched since 2014, but I felt like all they would do is push Cena or their part timers i.e. Rock or Brock Lesnar...at the expense of the younger guys.

I’m not a Reigns fan either but first and foremost, Vince is a businessman. He knows people are sick of Reigns and will pay to see him possibly lose. I think he turns heel sooner rather than later and probably keeps the title for a long time(WrestleMania 2019 possibly). Fans will complain about him but will still pay the subscription fee to watch his matches. I expect him to be the golden child of the WWE for at least another year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom