rhonda rousey | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

rhonda rousey

I’m not a Reigns fan either but first and foremost, Vince is a businessman. He knows people are sick of Reigns and will pay to see him possibly lose. I think he turns heel sooner rather than later and probably keeps the title for a long time(WrestleMania 2019 possibly). Fans will complain about him but will still pay the subscription fee to watch his matches. I expect him to be the golden child of the WWE for at least another year.

If he was going to turn Reigns heel sooner rather than later, he still would've done it like 2 years ago. They've been rejecting him since at least rumble 2015. And honestly, if they turned him heel, I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make. He's still going to wrestle essentially the same guys. Maybe a heel reigns vs face Ambrose could work.

It was a pretty good promo by Reigns last night, I will give him that/

he's great
but as good as heenan in his prime? i'd have to go with heenan. i'll put heyman right up there with freddie blassie in my top 3, though
Admittedly before my time

I have seen clips though

Heyman is really good but I feel like he hasnt had a lot to work with recently

If he was going to turn Reigns heel sooner rather than later, he still would've done it like 2 years ago. They've been rejecting him since at least rumble 2015. And honestly, if they turned him heel, I'm not sure how much of a difference it would make. He's still going to wrestle essentially the same guys. Maybe a heel reigns vs face Ambrose could work.

It was a pretty good promo by Reigns last night, I will give him that/

I agree with you. Maybe him being a heel as champion will work better than it would have a few years ago though.

I agree with you. Maybe him being a heel as champion will work better than it would have a few years ago though.

I think it's worth a shot, he's not bad at all, but i don't think you can say his push to the top has been a real success to the point where you can't take the risk of turning him

i highly doubt anyone will be able to match the commentator pairing of bobby and gorilla

I still pull up youtube clips of those 2 when I need a laugh. Absolutely hilarious - great chemistry. They were really close friends off the camera.

I still pull up youtube clips of those 2 when I need a laugh. Absolutely hilarious - great chemistry. They were really close friends off the camera.

Have you seen him on Nitro right after Gorilla passed away? He was very emotional.

Have you seen him on Nitro right after Gorilla passed away? He was very emotional.
gorilla was the man. before he was one of the great monster heels of his era (he was earning six figures annually in the 60s and 70s, a huge figure in those days), he was a dean's list student and three sport athlete at ithaca college. i switch my avatar up a lot - bruiser brody, ox baker, etc. but my most frequent one is gorilla, and this thread has led me back to him.

Last edited:

Have you seen the Owen Hart tribute match they did on nitro with Bret and Benoit? it was around this time. Heenan was really weird, he kept on making these bad jokes the entire time, like he wasn't taking it seriously. Kinda bugged me

Have you seen the Owen Hart tribute match they did on nitro with Bret and Benoit? it was around this time. Heenan was really weird, he kept on making these bad jokes the entire time, like he wasn't taking it seriously. Kinda bugged me

I’ve seen that match but only once and a long time ago, so if I did notice anything with the commentary I don’t remember it.

I’ve seen that match but only once and a long time ago, so if I did notice anything with the commentary I don’t remember it.

I'm basically watching attitude era stuff, I saw it a few weeks ago. I love Bobby, but it made me not like him at least for the course of that match.

I'm basically watching attitude era stuff, I saw it a few weeks ago. I love Bobby, but it made me not like him at least for the course of that match.

It was a long time ago but my impression has always been that he wasn’t as good in WCW as WWF. Of course, he also didn’t have a Monsoon to play off of anymore. In fact, am I wrong that after the NWO angle started he wasn’t even a heel anymore? He was at his best in WWF being a completely obnoxious apologist for all the heels.

It was a long time ago but my impression has always been that he wasn’t as good in WCW as WWF. Of course, he also didn’t have a Monsoon to play off of anymore. In fact, am I wrong that after the NWO angle started he wasn’t even a heel anymore? He was at his best in WWF being a completely obnoxious apologist for all the heels.

Definitely right, he was way better in WWF. (1992 rumble, greatest announcing job of all time) I meant more not liking him in the sense that he was making light of what was supposed to be a very serious match. There was also a lot of talk that his drinking got out of control and he was drunk on air a decent amount.

Was not really a heel after the NWO thing.

I canceled my subscription to the network because I can’t stand Reigns.
It’s not cost. It was principal. I used to follow from Royal Rumble thru WM and just ignore the rest.
However Vince crams Reigns down people’s throats these last 3-4 years enough is enough.

I may not be the demo for Cena but at least I always respected his mic skills and knew he knew the truth and tried to have fun.

Reigns is awful on the mic and does the same crap in the ring. Vince won’t develop anyone else so enough is enough.

Rousey needs to work on the mic. She is strong and I am sure will fine in the ring.
Reigns is awful, no way around it. But I gotta admit that promo he did was good Monday night calling out Lesnar for picking and choosing cities and ppv's to show his face in, is pretty disgraceful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom