Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz

Kiffin in Miami is the ultimate boom or bust if I’ve ever seen one. They would not be mediocre. They’d be contending for titles or it would be an absolute dumpster fire.
I think it's doubtful that any coach could be successful at Miami, at this point. They have championship aspirations, and no coach will ever be able to replicate what they did during the 80s and 90s. Classic no-win situation for any prospective coach.

Kiffin would be an absolute disaster hire, but it would be fun to watch him perish in flames at yet another high-profile job.

I am not sure I would bet on Cristobel either. Money isn’t everything but he is efforts are yielding recruits he wants and Oregon is swimming in cash and premium facilities. I know he has connections to Miami but my guess is he uses Miami to better his position with Oregon and you know enjoy a fanbase, premo facilities, new unis every week, own the PAC...

I think it's doubtful that any coach could be successful at Miami, at this point. They have championship aspirations, and no coach will ever be able to replicate what they did during the 80s and 90s. Classic no-win situation for any prospective coach.

Kiffin would be an absolute disaster hire, but it would be fun to watch him perish in flames at yet another high-profile job.

I tend to agree to a point. What scares me the most is that they are located in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. If they could get someone that could rally the kids to stay at home like HS did in the 80's I think they would re-create what they have done in the past.

we stop that 4th down at clemson and pitt, we definitely come into ND with a different mental attitude. We were extremely close this year!
After watching Clemson destroy Notre Dame, Eric manages to play in that game , we would have had a good chance to win.

I tend to agree to a point. What scares me the most is that they are located in the most fertile recruiting ground in the country. If they could get someone that could rally the kids to stay at home like HS did in the 80's I think they would re-create what they have done in the past.
Dennis Erickson and Butch Davis were the only two coaches that have been able to succeed at Miami, but they weren’t exactly doing it within the lines.

It’s a fine line to win at Miami. You have to recruit high talent, marginal character players and basically turn a blind eye to their off field antics while they are “students.”

UM football players are basically treated like pros around the city. Very easy for them to lose focus as to why they are there (playing football and going to school). Think HBO show “Ballers”. I actually think it’s easier for these high level kids to go to a large SEC state school in the middle of nowhere where they don’t succumb to the trappings of Miami.

I think Miami is still a fairly attractive job but it's more difficult to win there given that teams like USF, UCF, and other programs like SU are recruiting more successfully in Florida. Their program needs to hire their own version of Dino and give him time to build up his roster and win.

Dennis Erickson and Butch Davis were the only two coaches that have been able to succeed at Miami, but they weren’t exactly doing it within the lines.

It’s a fine line to win at Miami. You have to recruit high talent, marginal character players and basically turn a blind eye to their off field antics while they are “students.”

UM football players are basically treated like pros around the city. Very easy for them to lose focus as to why they are there (playing football and going to school). Think HBO show “Ballers”. I actually think it’s easier for these high level kids to go to a large SEC state school in the middle of nowhere where they don’t succumb to the trappings of Miami.

Jimmy Johnson says HI.

Speaking of which, if UNC can reanimate the corpse of Mack Brown, maybe The Ewe could entice JJ back to their sidelines?

NOT.

agree with this 100%, that to me is what makes Kiffin so "intriguing" he wont be concerned with muddying the waters (like Butch and Erickson) and I think put "the shine" back on the U to keep those kids at home.

Jimmy Johnson says HI.

Speaking of which, if UNC can reanimate the corpse of Mack Brown, maybe The Ewe could entice JJ back to their sidelines?

NOT.
Yeah, forgot about his stint there before the Cowboys

Lmao Miami fans acting like the new year tomorrow night is 2000 and not 2019.

We have a better team than you. We have a better program and fanbase than you. We were less than five plays away from being a playoff team or in consideration. And guess what? We were a year ahead of schedule.

Thamel!!!!!

View attachment 148777

5. Dino Babers, Syracuse

This would be a home-run hire for Miami, but Babers just completed an extension at Syracuse. The school didn’t release the length of the extension, never mind the terms. So the buyout, which had been prohibitive, is still not known. Babers went 10-3 after back-to-back 4-8 seasons and will be in play for the highest-end jobs next season. His offensive acumen, history of quarterback development and consistent explosive offenses would be intriguing for Miami.

What a clown.

Miami can kick rocks. This will only make it extra fun to kick them out of the dome to the tune of a 50 point beat down in a few years

08AE3192-A2CA-480E-938B-4CE482AD709D.png