Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz

Oregon, LSU, Bama, A&M, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Tennessee, Clemson, USC, OSU, PSU, Michigan

These are the schools off the top of my head that can afford “Godfather” offers. Miami’s not that
Arizona?

Why not Saban? He left Miami for Alabama. Go back to Miami and finish his career.

How about Gase? He’s about to be jobless, why move?

Oregon, LSU, Bama, A&M, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Tennessee, Clemson, USC, OSU, PSU, Michigan

These are the schools off the top of my head that can afford “Godfather” offers. Miami’s not that

And none of them are coming after Babers. Even USC.

Some people, not all, and certainly not someone who just got a Top 5 class and has all the money in the world to succeed. Sorry, don't see it.
No I hear you. That could be considered too. Im just expressing thought processes of coaching decisions, not trying to win any I told you so awards.

Believe they’re paying their coach well over 5.5 a year right now.
5.5 isn’t what it used to be...

I don’t think they have the finances to steal anyone from a legit program, unless there is a special connection (I know Babers was an assistant there years ago, but I don’t think that he has a special connection to Arizona). And, I don’t think that Arizona is an especially good gig. I doubt that it’s bad, but it’s not a Florida, Florida State, Alabama, etc.

Yes, a few schools could. That's what "pretty much everyone" implies.

12 out of 65 is more than “a few”.

And there may even be a handful of G5 programs with sufficient boo$ter cash to make a Godfather offer to a coach also.

The buyout - in and of itself - is not remotely an ironclad deterrent.

You literally only need ONE program with the $ and the standing sufficient to hire away pretty much any coach, and that coach is gone.

Rex may actually be perfect for Miami with the defensive talent they get spoon fed to them

12 out of 65 is more than “a few”.

And there may even be a handful of G5 programs with sufficient boo$ter cash to make a Godfather offer to a coach also.

The buyout - in and of itself - is not remotely an ironclad deterrent.

You literally only need ONE program with the $ and the standing sufficient to hire away pretty much any coach, and that coach is gone.
And the desire of a coach to take the job.

One sitting head coach that ACC head coaches would not like The U to hire is Syracuse’s Dino Babers. Babers has zero connection to the program or the area, but that could be immaterial in this case. Like the Johny Cash song, he’s been everywhere, man. Babers had no connection to Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green or Syracuse, but he took those jobs and won there. He’s 55-35 in seven seasons over those three stops, and his 10-3 mark this fall was perhaps his best coaching job. If he can win 10 games and inject life and points into the program at Syracuse, what could he do with South Florida athletes in his backyard?

My god these reporters are so lazy with the narratives.
The fact we are considered a dumpster fire is such fake news.
Baylor was a dumpster fire pre-Briles.
Syracuse was bad from 2005-2009 and 2014-2017.
That isn’t a longtime.

It’s so dumb and speaks volumes to the damage Robinson and Shafer did to our program.

They need a slimy crook who looks the other way. Miami boosters got away with twice as bad violations as SMU that got the death penalty. Bet Richt couldn't or wouldn't deliver a paid workforce and after deliberating with his conscience (praying) did the honorable thing and resigned.

One sitting head coach that ACC head coaches would not like The U to hire is Syracuse’s Dino Babers. Babers has zero connection to the program or the area, but that could be immaterial in this case. Like the Johny Cash song, he’s been everywhere, man. Babers had no connection to Eastern Illinois, Bowling Green or Syracuse, but he took those jobs and won there. He’s 55-35 in seven seasons over those three stops, and his 10-3 mark this fall was perhaps his best coaching job. If he can win 10 games and inject life and points into the program at Syracuse, what could he do with South Florida athletes in his backyard?

He's already getting Florida recruits. And even with that said, we're doing just fine without a load of South Florida recruits.

Me, when posters say “What’s so great about the U?”

-Weather, talent everywhere around you, Weather, Beach, Lifestyle, Weather, Palm trees, Weather.

Me, when some writer mentions Dino for the U.

-Rain, like everyday. It’s hot and sticky all the time. Giant bugs. They killed Xxxtentacion.
Plus climate change and red tide

Please stop the Dino going somewhere worry. He ISN'T GOING ANYWHERE!

And I honestly think some of you put waaaaaaaayyyy too much value on weather. I've never, ever, ever heard a coach say he took a job because of the weather. I doubt it's even Top 20 concern. And as far as Oregon versus Miami - okay, Miami has a lot of sun. It also has a lot of hurricanes. Why is that never considered?
I worked for a company based out of Miami. I dreaded (as did most of my colleagues) our quarterly manager's meeting at the home office. Without air conditioning Miami would be completely intolerable.

Unless your a regular beach goer, boater etc...I just don't see much to like. Wat too hot and waaaaay too humid.

I worked for a company based out of Miami. I dreaded (as did most of my colleagues) our quarterly manager's meeting at the home office. Without air conditioning Miami would be completely intolerable.

Unless your a regular beach goer, boater etc...I just don't see much to like. Wat too hot and waaaaay too humid.

Those are reasons why eventually I will move out of the Houston area, most likely after I retire. The heat and humidity can be oppressive during the summer.