Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Richt resigns from Miami / hires Manny Diaz

I worked for a company based out of Miami. I dreaded (as did most of my colleagues) our quarterly manager's meeting at the home office. Without air conditioning Miami would be completely intolerable.

Unless your a regular beach goer, boater etc...I just don't see much to like. Wat too hot and waaaaay too humid.
Yeah, I travel to S. Florida about 6 weeks a year for work, including 3 during the hot half of the year. Completely miserable.

I grew up in Syracuse, spent a lot of time in Wisconsin, MN and MT for winters and I can confirm that dealing with temps from 10-30 for a few months is much better than dealing with 95+ for 4-6 months. Not to mention give me some snow over constant rain any day of the week.

I doubt any of these “insiders” even researched that Dino just signed an extension with a hefty buyout...
Let’s put it this way, if Dino were to leave less than a month after signing an extension and only a short while after finishing the best SU season in years with a dramatic bowl victory, he’s not the kind of guy I thought we had. I really, really don’t think that’s the case.

Different strokes and all, but I’d rather coach at Oregon than Miami any day assuming the money is similar.

I respectfully disagree, the PAC-12 is like no mans land to me, lost due to the East Coast bias.

I would take Miami in the middle of a football hotbed all day, the hardest decision there is telling what 4 star recruits you don’t want.

Not to mention that side of the ACC is soft and easily winnable every year

The fact you have people out there suggesting HCDFB’s just shows that they didn’t do their homework. Yawn...nothing to see here except a football program mostly irrelevant like Cuse HAD been trying find a keeper. I can’t wait for Swag Daddy to start poaching!!

I doubt any of these “insiders” even researched that Dino just signed an extension with a hefty buyout...
Do we know for sure he has a "hefty buyout"?

That lame talking point you referenced is why I’d like Miami to get good again, obviously not with our HC.

The entire premise of “the ACC is down this year” is because we don’t have anyone worth a crap on the other side. If Miami was a legit Top 10, nobody is saying it’s a down ACC.

What will they say when an ACC school wins the National Championship?

Rex might commit three NCAA violations at the introductory press conference. That would be a hilarious flop on every level.

I really want Uncle Luke to get on the Holgorsen train again so we can get more “Dana Hologram” references.

I have heard it is pretty substantial.

I hope so and I don’t think he is going anywhere but Dino would crush it in Miami. He’d be battling Clemson every year in the ACC championship for a playoff spot.

How do you go from being a head coach who is good enough to win the Walter Camp Coach of the Year award in 2017 to a guy who can't even manage his QBs or his offense in 2018?

I keep flip flopping between blaming the fan base/alumni for driving Richt out and blaming Richt for being unable to field a talented team in the middle of football recruiting heaven.