Rick Pitino Wasting No Time Building at Iona | Syracusefan.com

Rick Pitino Wasting No Time Building at Iona

I'll be paying attention to how he does. The dude can coach.

Wouldn’t discount a hall of fame coach
Pitino is 67 and a national disgrace. I am sure he will be able to get some decent talent to New Rochelle but not enough to beat Syracuse or even Buffalo.

If you consider 3rd in the state by a large margin (best case) to be in contention for the best program in the state, you have a chance of being right. I don't see him beating any good teams though. Especially not in a year or two.

He's going to have Iona in contention for best program in the state within a year or two.
Maybe not quite that quickly...but he'll get there.
No college coach gets more out of the talent he has than Rick Pitino.
Getting that '87 Providence team to the Final 4, for example.
They just couldn't beat the Orange.

Pitino is 67 and a national disgrace. I am sure he will be able to get some decent talent to New Rochelle but not enough to beat Syracuse or even Buffalo.

If you consider 3rd in the state by a large margin (best case) to be in contention for the best program in the state, you have a chance of being right. I don't see him beating any good teams though. Especially not in a year or two.
We’ll see. It’s not like Iona’s not experienced success in the past 15 years. I don’t think they’ll compete with Syracuse but could knock on the door of the top 40. Rick’s a disgrace but he’s a great coach, even if he’s old.

How many parents want to send their kid to Rick's care?

Why are you calling our coach in waiting a national disgrace?

He'll have them in a much better situation than Buffalo or Bonaventure. He's already ahead of the curve. He's going to get kids to want to go there especially if he focuses on the NYC metro area.
Bonaventure maybe. UB has been solid for a while now. If this was 10 years ago, I would be with you. The Pitino name is not what it used to be.

I could be wrong but I just don't see it happening. Especially not with him being in the NCAA spotlight for the rest of his career. If he commits even a couple of minor infractions, he will be banned for life.

We’ll see. It’s not like Iona’s not experienced success in the past 15 years. I don’t think they’ll compete with Syracuse but could knock on the door of the top 40. Rick’s a disgrace but he’s a great coach, even if he’s old.
top 40 is better than us over the past few years. :(

Bonaventure maybe. UB has been solid for a while now. If this was 10 years ago, I would be with you. The Pitino name is not what it used to be.

I could be wrong but I just don't see it happening. Especially not with him being in the NCAA spotlight for the rest of his career. If he commits even a couple of minor infractions, he will be banned for life.

The Pitino name is still strong. Winning will take care of everything.

Pitino wouldn't get hired by Syracuse as the HC if he was the last basketball coach alive in the world. JB might try and hire him as an assistant someday though.
All the stuff that happened at Lville was done by the boosters and was okayed by the AD. Iona, a very Catholic college hired him. He's not that bad.

The Pitino name is still strong. Winning will take care of everything.
It will be harder for Rick to win without the payouts to prized recruits from Adidas, and all the other things he and his staff used to get recruits to go there. Do you really think he got players to come to UL solely because of his name?
All the stuff that happened at Lville was done by the boosters and was okayed by the AD. Iona, a very Catholic college hired him. He's not that bad.
It is very naive to think a HC doesn’t know how his program handles recruiting. In addition, you have completely ignored the Adidas scandal, which happened just after he put his school on probation.

You also have ignored the scandals in his personal life.

It appears you are fine with the use of hookers and cocaine to help recruiting.

It appears you are fine with buying players on the open market.

It appears you are fine with the guy having extramarital affairs with women who are not his wife in public places.

Let me ask you this: what exactly does a head coach need to do to make you concerned he might be an embarrassment to his employer?

All without Rick's knowledge.

Amazing.

God bless America.
It will be harder for Rick to win without the payouts to prized recruits from Adidas, and all the other things he and his staff used to get recruits to go there. Do you really think he got players to come to UL solely because of his name?

It is very naive to think a HC doesn’t know how his program handles recruiting. In addition, you have completely ignored the Adidas scandal, which happened just after he put his school on probation.

It appears you are fine with the guy having extramarital affairs with women who are not his wife in public places.

Let me ask you this: what exactly does a head coach need to do to make you concerned he might be an embarrassment to his employer?
Coach Boeheim likes and supports him and that's good enough for me.

3 ball in the side pocket.