RIP Bob Stem | Syracusefan.com

RIP Bob Stem

He was a big name and influence in the Lehigh Valley (Allentown, Bethlehem, Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ).

I remember Bob Stem. Back in the SU school year ending June 1962, I was a sophomore living on Sadler 2. As I've mentioned before, there were 6 senior players on the floor from the 1959 team, Pete Brokaw and John Brown across the hall one room down, Ernie Davis and John Mackey in room 264, and next door Dick Easterly and Bob Stem. Stemmie, as people called him, was starting center as a senior and listed in a game program as 5-11 and 210 weight. Of all these great players on the floor, Stemmie appeared to me to have the toughest exterior personality.

I remember Bob Stem. Back in the SU school year ending June 1962, I was a sophomore living on Sadler 2. As I've mentioned before, there were 6 senior players on the floor from the 1959 team, Pete Brokaw and John Brown across the hall one room down, Ernie Davis and John Mackey in room 264, and next door Dick Easterly and Bob Stem. Stemmie, as people called him, was starting center as a senior and listed in a game program as 5-11 and 210 weight. Of all these great players on the floor, Stemmie appeared to me to have the toughest exterior personality.
John Mackeys Birthday today Remembering John Mackey | As a champion both on the field and off the field, John Mackey was one of the greats. On what would've been the late Mackey's 82nd birthday, we honor... | By Pro Football Hall of Fame | Facebook

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom