RIP Chris Gedney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Chris Gedney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only met him once, before the SU-UConn game on 12/5. He was obviously not the typical jock. Sorry for his loss.

"We are shocked and deeply saddened by the passing of Chris Gedney," Syracuse athletic director John Wildhack said in a statement. "Chris was a wonderful co-worker, a friend to all and deeply loyal to Syracuse University and our community. A Syracuse graduate, Chris was a decorated football student-athlete, who served as a mentor to many who followed him. Our thoughts and prayers are with the Gedney family during this difficult time."

Oh man, gut punch.

So awful and so sad.

Prayers go out to his family.

Just awful.
I'm in tears.
Football games on the radio won't ever be the same.

Just speculation based on the tweets but sounds more like the opposite. A lot of government and DEA crackdowns on opioid prescribing patterns so doctors are facing lots of heat. Sounds like the doctor actually cut him off or was pushing a hard taper/ween down. Regardless of what actually happened/the cause it’s a sad day for the Orange. Tragic loss

Sounds like the Twitter suggests overprescription of painkillers by a Dr. Feelgood.

I am so sad. Maybe some good can come from it if a pill mill gets shut down due to this.

But...so young. RIP Chris.

Chris and Pat Kelly taken from us way to soon...:(

Let's go easy on the speculation. No one loved his wife and children more than Chris loved Seely and his four kids, one of whom has severe learning disabilities. Some of my favorite memories of Chris are pictures of this big All-American football player participating in Special Olympics events with his little "challenged" daughter. For him to choose to leave them means that his pain was more than he believed he could continue to endure (and more than I can imagine, even though I was very close to him). Let's celebrate his life, rather than speculate about his death.

Last edited:
Really enjoyed his analysis on SU football broadcasts. His love of SU really came through. When things went well, you could feel his joy through the radio. When things went bad, you could sense his disappointment. I feel I lost a friend because I listened to his radio calls so much over the past years ever since he replaced Mac. Mac and Geds can discuss TE-designed plays in the big gridiron in the sky.

Football will go extinct in our life times. Just so sad and commonplace at this point. Awful :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom