RIP Chris Gedney | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

RIP Chris Gedney

Status
Not open for further replies.
I only met him a handful of times and had lunch together in San Antonio one time. Great guy and always would take time to say hi and catch up. Incredibly sad right now as this hit me hard. He deserved better...prayers for his family. One of my favorite Cuse players.

I remember my first Syracuse game. I sat 8 rows up on the 50 yard line behind the Syracuse bench with my dad for the Syracuse vs. Miami game. Gedney caught a pass just as time ran out.

I didn't know him but i feel very sad for good friends who were very close with him. Opiate addiction is a crisis and anyone that thinks they're strong enough to handle it better than the people it kills is crazy . If you have to use them and get though it, thank your lucky stars

Let's go easy on the speculation. No one loved his wife and children more than Chris loved Seely and his four kids, one of whom has severe learning disabilities. Some of my favorite memories of Chris were pictures of this big All-American football player participating in Special Olympics events with his little "challenged" daughter. For him to choose to leave them means that his pain was more than he believed he could continue to endure (and more than I can imagine, even though I was very close to him). Let's celebrate his life, rather than speculate about his death.

Just absolutely crushing. RIP Chris. Thanks for so many great memories.

I have no useful words for this occasion. I knew Chris Gedney like a member of my family but met him only a couple of times. He spoke at the Orangeyes Open a couple of years ago and told us of the illness that so dramatically impacted his life. RIP Chris...you made my life better...Thank you

The CUSE Football family is deeply saddened and mourns the loss of Chris Gedney. He was a great athlete but most importantly, a kind, wonderful and giving person. Our prayers are with his family and may he Rest in Peace! #84

Jason isbell has a verse for everything, towards the end

This is shocking, I remember he had issue with colitis when he played. A loss to soon.

Tremendous player whom I really enjoyed watching. And by all accounts even a better person.

Truly a shame to lose him far too soon. RIP.

very, very sad, only a few years older than me, he loved SU so much, loved the school and obviously the program, was such a gentleman, very sad, RIP my friend

Very very sad news. Great player and more importantly ,great person.

The type of guy who always made you proud to be a member of the Orange family. He will be greatly missed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom