RIP Cliff Robinson | Syracusefan.com

RIP Cliff Robinson

Didn't realize he was a UConn grad. Was he one of Calhoun's first big recruits?
He might’ve been Calhoun’s first splash recruit, certainly. Played many years in the association of course.
Uconn hoops has had a rough couple of months with Stanley Robinson and now Cliff Robinson (no relation). Condolences to his family.

He might’ve been Calhoun’s first splash recruit, certainly. Played many years in the association of course.
Uconn hoops has had a rough couple of months with Stanley Robinson and now Cliff Robinson (no relation). Condolences to his family.
He came to UConn in 1985. Calhoun was hired in 1986. That means Cliff was recruited by Dom Perno.

RIP Cliff. Dude played some really good ball for my Blazers back then. Horrible to see at such a young age. Damn.

He came to UConn in 1985. Calhoun was hired in 1986. That means Cliff was recruited by Dom Perno.
Yep, I stand corrected. It was Calhoun who got the max out of him though, and I remember he was the guy who made you take notice of Connecticut. He hit a free throw on some bogus call to beat us one time.

Yep, I stand corrected. It was Calhoun who got the max out of him though, and I remember he was the guy who made you take notice of Connecticut. He hit a free throw on some bogus call to beat us one time.
87-88 I believe. UConn won 51-50 in one of the ugliest games ever.

Sad. I grew up in Portland and met Cliff and he was really nice and kind. He would stop and talk to kids. Him and Jerome Kersey were amazing at this. I met Jerome Kersey at the Portland auto show and he walked and talked to me about cars for 15 minutes straight. I was in 4th grade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RedSoxNat

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom