So, Elijah Robinson? | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

So, Elijah Robinson?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The old adage you play the way you practice...well not yesterday. Coo-coo-ca-choo Coach Robinson
Syracuse loves you more than you will know
Whoa whoa whoa
We bless you Coach Robinson
SU Fans hold a place for those that PLAY Hey hey hey Hey hey hey Sitting in the seats on Saturday afternoon Wondering where the defense went Cry about it shout about it Missed tackles, no one on the edge Every way you look at it, can't hedge What have you done Coach Robinson
SU nation turns it's eyes to you Woo Woo Woo What's that you say Coach Robinson Aggressiveness has left and gone away Hey hey hey, Hey hey hey
Thank you Simon and Garfunkel.

Sir, we are peas in a pod:
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who recognizes that my discomfiting "run defense anxiety" is merely overblown consternation. It must be averred however, that overblown consternation is preferable to undervalued apprehension.

Remember, if your Overblown Consternation lasts longer than 4 hours contact an English professor.

In summation, if we can clean up the sloppy semantics and shed some interfering syntax, we'll be ready next Sat. for Grammar Tech.
I'm an editor, and I've found my kindred spirit.

It may not be his “fault” but it sure as heck is his responsibility to fix.

The spotlight is on Coach E Rob, Coach Wright and Coach Schaefer to correct the poor tackling, the poor angles, and the soft defense.

The d line failed to demand double teams or get off one on one blocks which allowed o linemen to get up on to our linebackers who had trouble getting off blocks. For those who think the Ohio o-line was good and the RB was a P4 back, Georgia Tech is better and has a roster full of P4 players.

The safety play was not good. Poor angles and poor tackling; diving (leaving your feet before making contact), not running thru the ball carrier, dropping heads (you can’t hit what you can’t see) and not wrapping up are all fixable, but will they be? I’m waiting to see our 6’4”, 230 lb safety stop diving and actually run through and blow up a ball carrier. Poor coverage? #8 and #0 looked bad in man coverage.

I don’t understand some of the player rotations. Where was ZMG (#22)? I expected to see more of him in the second half. I hope he’s not banged up. Where was C. Perry (#19) at safety? Coaches went to BJ Long (#26) who was ineffective (poor coverage, missed tackle). He got pulled. I saw Schaefer talking to him. Long (a true freshman from Camden) went back in and was still ineffective. I never saw Perry (a third year player) who reportedly had been alternating with Long during fall camp. I don’t know if Perry would have performed better but I would have liked to see him have a chance when the guy in front of him is not being productive.

I thought we were going to go hunting not fishing?

On offense how do you explain Allen only getting 5 carried in the first half?

The inability to punch it in from 3 yards out is concerning. I was told “big guys beat up little guys”.

What does the A in DART stand for? Accountability? Good, let’s see some accountability. I’ve seen the grade sheets from both scrimmages and we continue to play guys who did not grade well; loafs, missed assignments and missed tackles. Poor performance in practice should not be rewarded with playing time. It’s time to walk the walk.

Go Orange.
Wow. Your tone sure has changed from last season. ;)

I’ve seen the grade sheets from both scrimmages and we continue to play guys who did not grade well; loafs, missed assignments and missed tackles. Poor performance in practice should not be rewarded with playing time. It’s time to walk the walk.
very disappointing to hear this.

I’m not typically a game rewatcher, but I’ve been watching the first half this afternoon…

Couple quick thoughts after Ohio’s first 2 drives:

- McDonald was awful. Ran into Wax on a run play on the first drive that prevented Wax from making a tackle. Several other errors. And he was getting pushed 10 yards upfield on blocks.

- Clark was way too slow to pick up coverage on a blitz on the second drive. Allowed a 12 yard gain.

- Wax, Barron and Buxton missed some tackles on the second drive.

- Diggs was freelancing too much.

Reinforced my thought that plays were there to be made, but our execution sucked.

It may not be his “fault” but it sure as heck is his responsibility to fix.

The spotlight is on Coach E Rob, Coach Wright and Coach Schaefer to correct the poor tackling, the poor angles, and the soft defense.

The d line failed to demand double teams or get off one on one blocks which allowed o linemen to get up on to our linebackers who had trouble getting off blocks. For those who think the Ohio o-line was good and the RB was a P4 back, Georgia Tech is better and has a roster full of P4 players.

The safety play was not good. Poor angles and poor tackling; diving (leaving your feet before making contact), not running thru the ball carrier, dropping heads (you can’t hit what you can’t see) and not wrapping up are all fixable, but will they be? I’m waiting to see our 6’4”, 230 lb safety stop diving and actually run through and blow up a ball carrier. Poor coverage? #8 and #0 looked bad in man coverage.

I don’t understand some of the player rotations. Where was ZMG (#22)? I expected to see more of him in the second half. I hope he’s not banged up. Where was C. Perry (#19) at safety? Coaches went to BJ Long (#26) who was ineffective (poor coverage, missed tackle). He got pulled. I saw Schaefer talking to him. Long (a true freshman from Camden) went back in and was still ineffective. I never saw Perry (a third year player) who reportedly had been alternating with Long during fall camp. I don’t know if Perry would have performed better but I would have liked to see him have a chance when the guy in front of him is not being productive.

I thought we were going to go hunting not fishing?

On offense how do you explain Allen only getting 5 carried in the first half?

The inability to punch it in from 3 yards out is concerning. I was told “big guys beat up little guys”.

What does the A in DART stand for? Accountability? Good, let’s see some accountability. I’ve seen the grade sheets from both scrimmages and we continue to play guys who did not grade well; loafs, missed assignments and missed tackles. Poor performance in practice should not be rewarded with playing time. It’s time to walk the walk.

Go Orange.
Would you mind sharing who didn’t grade well in scrimmages?

The tackling was the root cause of concern yesterday. I think a lot of that was we were blindsided by how good Tyus is. The guy clearly has great measurables to be an NFL running back, but I didn’t think we were prepared that we would need more than one guy to tackle this guy. I think next week we know more what to expect, so it should be interesting to see how different our tackling is in that game.

Offense will be fine. We’ll score a lot of points.

Defense is a little worrisome. A lot of missed tackles, bad coverage, couldn’t stop the run and getting pushed off the ball by a MAC team.

My biggest concern with the defense was it didn’t seem like we made any adjustments at half or if we did they were bad and still didn’t work. Couldn’t stop the run in the first half and just as bad in the second half. We’ll see how much they improve next game.

The old adage you play the way you practice...well not yesterday. Coo-coo-ca-choo Coach Robinson
Syracuse loves you more than you will know
Whoa whoa whoa
We bless you Coach Robinson
SU Fans hold a place for those that PLAY Hey hey hey Hey hey hey Sitting in the seats on Saturday afternoon Wondering where the defense went Cry about it shout about it Missed tackles, no one on the edge Every way you look at it, can't hedge What have you done Coach Robinson
SU nation turns it's eyes to you Woo Woo Woo What's that you say Coach Robinson Aggressiveness has left and gone away Hey hey hey, Hey hey hey
Thank you Simon and Garfunkel.

I thought G-Rob was our DC.

Honestly it didn’t seem like we lost a whole lot from last year, and I thought we were an above average D last year, so I’m at least hopeful that that they can be at least an average D this year.

Or maybe we miss Caleb and Stefon more that we thought.
Neither of those 2 were big losses. Lowery was the biggest.

Sparrow played a lot. Heard is a head of ZMG in the lb group.
Was Sparrow in mostly after Marlowe got hurt or before? I thought Heard went in for Marlowe the drive after and got that int? Will go back and watch.

He was insanely out of position…he should have been within 3-4 yards of the guy on that pitch…and he wasn’t even in the screen shot.
Fran is doing his best for Duce. He isnt fast enough to make it at CB and might not be good enough at Safety.

Fran is doing his best for Duce. He isnt fast enough to make it at CB and might not be good enough at Safety.
Odd given he did do well in his first run with us. Hope he excels here!

I don’t even get the agenda.

No Way GIF by MOODMAN

I found it very bad Tyus blew by Deuce on that TD run before the half.

I found it very bad Tyus blew by Deuce on that TD run before the half.

Ohio didn’t score a TD in the first half.

Their first TD, Tyus broke a “tackle” (more of a dive and miss) from Devin Grant.

2nd TD, Diggs got caught flat footed, Sparrow was blocked, maybe held, Duce took a bad angle, couldn’t recover.

Ohio didn’t score a TD in the first half.

Their first TD, Tyus broke a “tackle” (more of a dive and miss) from Devin Grant.

2nd TD, Diggs got caught flat footed, Sparrow was blocked, maybe held, Duce took a bad angle, couldn’t recover.
No maybe about the hold

No maybe about the hold

Yes it was more the hold I guess bad angle or speed or whatever but the fact he couldn't get over fast enough is what caught my eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sturner5150

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom