Cliff Ensley's Glass Is Half Full | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cliff Ensley's Glass Is Half Full

Statistically Stanford is the worst ACC team on our schedule and it was at home. The chances of SU not losing another game going into Miami is slim to none. IMO we would need to beat UNLV too if we want the ACC CG tie breaker.

Stanford is 15th in the ACC in total O. Only NC State is worse from our schedule. Stanford is 13th in the ACC in total D. Only NC State is worse on our schedule. Stanford is 77th in the Sagarin which is worst of the ACC teams on our schedule. They are a bad team. Things will only get harder going forward.

Right but we have a brand new HC who has never been a HC before

He’s going to be learning as he goes this entire season.

He took this one on the chin, I expect to see improvements throughout the season

It was always unlikely for us to end up in the CFP this season.

We need to go 8-4 and make a leap next season

We normally have 3 extremely difficult games that are near built in Ls. And we play those mid season where they take a toll both physically and mentally. That impacts games played after. We do not have that this year.

Put this way it makes a little more sense.
Especially with that 4 game stretch last year. Maybe our schedule is more balanced with only 1 extremely difficult and at the end of year. But I dont see 2 west coast trips in 2023 or since when? *Hats off to Stanford great win for them.
@ANSWER...after a quick look I came up with this---2011 @ USC & @Tulane. ~~~2010@ Washington. 2002. @ BYU & @ Auburn. Thats as close as I could find going back to 1984. I was just curious. So, first time we've gone to West coast 2X in 40++years. Someone please correct me if i'm wrong. And if thats easy.
If you wanted to compare last year to this year, i'd sure rather play Fla St and UNC this year. Seasons are scheduled and they’re never "easy". I just don’t think the word "easy" is appropriate here... easier? IMO no but its all !nit picking! Again "sagarin" Avg 2023-67 2024-62.
My original point was before the season started, people were pointing out all these "easy" games. I'm not seeîng them now and not bc of the Stanford result. I never thought we were gonna win or lose that game easily.
Teams expected to not be so good this year might be pretty damn good...possibly Stanford, time will tell.
BC, Cal, Pitt, maybe UNLV. whatever...
Time will tell
And our schedule is "easy" is a myth.

PS: Only time will tell

PSS: Our schedule is "easy" is a myth

how *difficult* only. time. will. tell

Ill be watching

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member