RIP NYCSUGRAD | Syracusefan.com

RIP NYCSUGRAD

MsCrusty888

Walk On
I am very sad to share the passing of NYCSUGrad , Andrea Abrahams this past Friday. She was a loyal and faithful SU fan. Even going to Maui for SU basketball, taking sick days to do so and having to delete the FB posts when I mentioned it may not be a good idea. She was also a SU football fan too, but basketball was definitely her pass on. Will miss you Andrea.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1542415448561.jpg
    FB_IMG_1542415448561.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 275
I am very sad to share the passing of NYCSUGrad , Andrea Abrahams this past Friday. She was a loyal and faithful SU fan. Even going to Maui for SU basketball, taking sick days to do so and having to delete the FB posts when I mentioned it may not be a good idea. She was also a SU football fan too, but basketball was definitely her pass on. Will miss you Andrea.
Too bad. Thanks for sharing.
It’s clear Andrea just loved the Orange. She often spoke from her heart in her posts on here and showed a strong sense of fairness. I didn’t know her in person but I could tell she had a vibrant personality, dare I say charmingly awkward sometimes. I remembered when she shared clips of her comedy routines with us.

Yes, we went to some of her performances, really fun. She wanted Crusty and I to go to I think Bahamas one year, which I had said yes. Andrea and I were in charge of the booze at our Elena Kagan ( also classmate ) visit/ reunion. She convinced me to buy 2x as much as we ended up needing lol

RiP Andrea. I will miss her passion.

We have lost her far too soon...

She loved this group. Especially with pain and lack of mobility the last couple of years. Thank you all for bringing her happiness

Too bad. Thanks for sharing.
It’s clear Andrea just loved the Orange. She often spoke from her heart in her posts on here and showed a strong sense of fairness. I didn’t know her in person but I could tell she had a vibrant personality, dare I say charmingly awkward sometimes. I remembered when she shared clips of her comedy routines with us.
She did! We'd text each other during games lol

Sad to hear. She bled Orange and was definitely not afraid to voice her opinion and say what she thought- something I'm guessing probably wasn't easy for a female to do on a male-dominated board.

This is very sad news. Andrea was a passionate participant on syracusefan.com since its beginning. In the early days, she was a very enthusiastic member of chat rooms for basketball games. When I saw her in Maui, it was clear she had mobility issues, but she was a real trouper in going to all the events and games. She truly loved SU. RIP, Andrea.

PS: A little-known Andrea story. In the early 2000s, the board had its first golf outing at Bellevue CC ... in support of BocaDoug's GOALS Foundation. Andrea wanted to play because she waned to meet other posters. She sent me a message saying she had once played miniature golf ... and she wondered whether that was enough experience. I gently told her that it probably was not sufficient.

Last edited:
RIP Andrea. As I said in another thread, I'm sure she's doing stand-up somewhere with Bill Hicks and Mitch Hedberg.
I didn't have the pleasure of meeting her, but if she falls in line with those two, particularly Mitch Hedberg, she must have been one fun lady. It always makes me sad when we lose one of our family, especially someone so young.