RIP Pat Dinizio | Syracusefan.com

RIP Pat Dinizio

SUFaninNJ

Living Legend
Pat was the lead singer of the band The Smithereens. They had a few moderate hits in the 80’s and 90’s. Songs like “Blood and Roses”, “Behind the Wall of Sleep”, “Only a Memory” and “A Girl Like You” were probably there most well known. Pat, Jimmy, Dennis and Mike were just 4 guys from Jersey who liked to playmusic. There music was nothing fancy, just straight forward rock. In the early to mid 2000s, Pat would hold a Memorial Day party at his house. His mom would make spaghetti and there was a stage set up. The band would play, but they also let you join in as well. Pat was gregarious and a lot of fun to talk to. The first time I saw them was when they played at Ithaca College while I was there. Just a great group of guys that were a lot of fun to see live. You’ll be missed, Pat.

Oops, forgot about this song too.

Very sorry to hear this. Excellent power pop band with a strong body of work. After I read of Pat's passing last night, I listened to their first album and although it had been awhile, every cut was still familiar to me. RIP, Pat.

Very sorry to hear this. Excellent power pop band with a strong body of work. After I read of Pat's passing last night, I listened to their first album and although it had been awhile, every cut was still familiar to me. RIP, Pat.

Agreed. I listen to both Especially For You and Green Thoughts last night. Pat was not a big fan of their Blow Up album. He thought it was too slick and overproduced. He felt that it got too far away from what they were good at; being the garage band that made it (relatively) big.

Among the places I saw them play was the Lost Horizon of all places!

Saw them in the late 90s back in boston. Think it was Bill's Bar. Wife and I both loved that band. Sad news.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom