Roberson' illegal screen | Syracusefan.com

Roberson' illegal screen

DNABB5

2019-20 Iggy Co-Winner Leading Frosh Scorer
You know, you would think the karma of enduring moving screens from Pitt for 10 years would get us something. Robbie did nothing wrong and was at the spot and set. He wasn't moving and maintained verticality.
I am very upset with that call in particular as it is one that could be made 100 times a game and Robbie's was from my obviously orange biased eyes a legal screen

I'm very angry about it.

Anyway, I still feel this team will be special when it's all said and done.

Beat Duke.

Forget Pitt - I'm still pissed about the 1987 title game. I watched a replay the day after the game (and never a second since) so I could count the number of moving screens not called on Indiana. Twenty seven would be the correct answer. I'm serious.

You know, you would think the karma of enduring moving screens from Pitt for 10 years would get us something. Robbie did nothing wrong and was at the spot and set. He wasn't moving and maintained verticality.
I am very upset with that call in particular as it is one that could be made 100 times a game and Robbie's was from my obviously orange biased eyes a legal screen

I'm very angry about it.

Anyway, I still feel this team will be special when it's all said and done.

Beat Duke.

Tv announcers said it was a bad call should not have happened to end this game

When contact was made, Robey was not moving even an inch. There's no gray area on this one. He wasn't moving and the ref got the call wrong according to how it's written in the rule book, plain and simple.

They showed 1 replay and it was a sketchy call at best. I would have gotten teed up if I were the coach. i literally hate every official in every sport...the lowest of life forms.

They showed 1 replay and it was a sketchy call at best. I would have gotten teed up if I were the coach. i literally hate every official in every sport...the lowest of life forms.

I generally feel bad for refs because they're usually damned if they do and damned if they don't. But they should be better than they typically are. The only time I get angry (furious) with refs is when they let their emotions dictate their calls. You're supposed to be a robot, not a person with feelings; at least, not when you're officiating the game.

I see absolutely no scenario where that call should be made. At least lets put it this way, there is ZERO % chance that call would ever be made on unc or duk in that situation...ZERO. Hands down one of the worst calls ive ever seen...but...
If that call were to be made, which i still cant believe it was, would the ref rationalize that it was TRs right elbow or right leg extended that caused the foul?? Or he just felt like it and doesnt give a sht. Because it wasnt moving. Feel horrible for especially Robey but also the rest of the team

The sad part is, the better the screen, the more likely you are to see an offensive foul called. If a big guy is set and a guard doesn't see the screen coming and runs into it and falls over, the screener is usually hit with a foul call, which is absolutely ridiculous. Roberson was set and it was a good screen. Terrible officiating on that call, and really the majority of the game.

I see absolutely no scenario where that call should be made. At least lets put it this way, there is ZERO % chance that call would ever be made on unc or duk in that situation...ZERO. Hands down one of the worst calls ive ever seen...but...
If that call were to be made, which i still cant believe it was, would the ref rationalize that it was TRs right elbow or right leg extended that caused the foul?? Or he just felt like it and doesnt give a sht. Because it wasnt moving. Feel horrible for especially Robey but also the rest of the team

It's Not the same as the allowance a ball handler gets when someone steps in front of him as he catches the ball.

Announcer said JB told Roberson it was a good call. Bad Tyler bad.

The ref made the call based on 1 of 2 things he thought he saw, both of which did not actually happen. He either thought Roberson was still moving because of the way the GT player reacted to the contact (that the GT player initiated) and made a call on something he assumed rather than saw. It's either that or he thought Roberson set his feet wider than what is allowed (they're supposed to only go a little wider than shoulder width), which is also an incorrect assumption he made, based on the visual evidence.

Eh Robey got him with the leg. Most refs swallow the whistle but it was dumb.

Announcer said JB told Roberson it was a good call. Bad Tyler bad.
It'd help if we knew how to set a screen. We have to be the worst DIV 1 screening team.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom