Roberson | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Roberson

If Dakari commits, who gets the scholarship taken away? I don't think the coaches would ever pull an offer and I don't know why Dakari would wait to see if Syracuse has an early departure while other programs begin to fill spots.

Sadly, I don't think we get Dakari.

Nobody will have a scholarship taken away.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If Dakari commits, who gets the scholarship taken away? I don't think the coaches would ever pull an offer and I don't know why Dakari would wait to see if Syracuse has an early departure while other programs begin to fill spots.

Sadly you are misinformed. I mean that lightheartedly.

grant,gbinije, dc2,rak,mcw,baye,cooney,cj- thats the scholly amount.. if even one of them leaves we can add 6 and be at 13 if my math is correct.

I like him even more. He's human.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

This is totally OT, but your post reminded me: I have never really liked Lincecum from the Giants, but during the playoffs one game he was brought into the game. On the HD close up of him getting the signals, you could see his heartbeat in his neck clear as day. It was pounding. I liked the guy far more after that. It made him a real human more so than any athlete I have watched on TV.

Watching some highlights, he's got a little bit of Durant in his game.

Rothstein says at this point, he is already ahead of Durant..with regard to shooting, rebounding, passing, dribbling and general basketball "length".

whatever. i was ahead of durant when we were both four weeks old . we talkin' bout durant...durant...not oden.. not oden...we talkin bout durant

Not to be a downer but are not the rankings of the players in the 2013 class relative to the players in the 2012 class quite a bit lower. Ennis and Roberson would be outside of the top 60 were all the same compared to last years rankings. Different evaluation system or not as strong a class? Glad to have him though.

Whether ur right or wrong doesn't matter... it's not like we're recruiting the 2013 class and everyone else is recruiting the 2012 class.

No-one. MCW leaves and we have 1 open schollie (assuming McCullough doesn't reclass which I hear is unlikely b/c of grades). Roberson, BMK, CJ, DC2, Rak, Mike G., Ennis, Patterson, BJ, Grant, Cooney, and Chino leaving 1 schollie for Dakari. And I do think we get Dakari b/c he will play right away.

Fair looks like he could have a monster year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump.
Rak has the perfect body for a PF, but would be in the thabeet Fab mold unless he developes some offense.

I know Ennis is still after Wiggins bigtime.
And if both DC2 and Rak leave then Dakari could be a really helpful piece as well.
I wonder how the staff feels if they had to choose between Wiggins and Dakari. I am sure they would grab both if they had the chance.

Fair looks like he could have a monster year. I wouldn't be surprised to see him jump.
Rak has the perfect body for a PF, but would be in the thabeet Fab mold unless he developes some offense.

And if both DC2 and Rak leave then Dakari could be a really helpful piece as well.
I wonder how the staff feels if they had to choose between Wiggins and Dakari. I am sure they would grab both if they had the chance.
I love CJ and his game, but I don't think his game will translate well to the NBA. He's way undersized as a 4; his shot and dribble aren't good/consistent enough to be a 3. He's a tremendous college player, but I don't think he's a threat to jump.

Of any of the schools courting this guy, I think you'd have to take Wiggins regardless of team, program, or needs. Wiggins, from what I have seen, is a relentless scorer. He just has a will to score and I don't believe anyone will stop him in college. Every time he gets the ball, he wastes no time taking it to a defender, like he's daring the other guy to do something about it. Jordan had that. Larry Legend had that. Carmelo has that.

I love CJ and his game, but I don't think his game will translate well to the NBA. He's way undersized as a 4; his shot and dribble aren't good/consistent enough to be a 3. He's a tremendous college player, but I don't think he's a threat to jump.

I think the opposite. I could see why scouts might think he won't translate and he could drop in the draft, but I see him as the type of player in the NBA that will figure out his roll and earn more and more PT where ever he lands. Yes he needs to improve his handle and shot but they have been ever improving since he got to SU and his handle is deceptive. He's just so under control all the time that it seems slow. Truthfully CJ does more with each bounce than a majority of guys at his position.

I could see Fair fitting in on a team that uses their pf/center on the perimeter. Of course the NBA three point line is going to move back, but a team like Dallas with Dirk playing on the perimeter, or Minnesota when Kevin Love is on the perimeter. I see alittle Josh Smith in Fair, might not have quite as many dribble moves yet, but has a nasty midrange game. (also a lefty)

I think the opposite. I could see why scouts might think he won't translate and he could drop in the draft, but I see him as the type of player in the NBA that will figure out his roll and earn more and more PT where ever he lands. Yes he needs to improve his handle and shot but they have been ever improving since he got to SU and his handle is deceptive. He's just so under control all the time that it seems slow. Truthfully CJ does more with each bounce than a majority of guys at his position.
Well said; I was just mainly addressing the fact that I don't think CJ will bolt early for the league. He could very well carve a niche out as a energy guy off the bench who can come in and make some open shots.

There is just nothing about him (at least at this very moment) that tells me if he left early he'd be a guaranteed a top 20 pick.
I could see Fair fitting in on a team that uses their pf/center on the perimeter. Of course the NBA three point line is going to move back, but a team like Dallas with Dirk playing on the perimeter, or Minnesota when Kevin Love is on the perimeter. I see alittle Josh Smith in Fair, might not have quite as many dribble moves yet, but has a nasty midrange game. (also a lefty)

Smith is an athletic freak whose size and handle let him play several positions. But I suppose I can see the comparison a tad.

I'm not sure what you mean by him fitting with a team that uses their PF/C on the perimeter? Is it because there'd be more lane to operate? If anything I think CJ would fit better on a team with a dominant low post guy, his ability to hit the open mid-range J would help keep teams from doubling the big man.

Fair isn't the kind of athlete that can leave after 3 years. He would be a 2nd round pick at the absolute best. 1st rounders are the ultra talents, big men and upside guys. CJ will be here 4 years and we should love every minute of it.

Rankings don't mean squat and we don't pay our recruits to play for SU unlike UK.

C'mon, man, that's ridikalis. We're all geeked up here because the recruits we are signing are fairly highly ranked and will give us a better chance to compete with the truly elite. If you're trying to suggest rankings have no basis in predicting success, well, that's just silly. They don't have to be 100% accurate to still have relevance. If we had a class of guys in the 100-250 range, do you really believe 1) there's this level of interest on the forum? Er, no. 2) there's a chance JB could 'coach 'em up'/develop them well enough to compete with Duke and Carolina's typical classes? Heck no.

WRT who's going to leave early to give us another scholarship slot... I'm having difficulty seeing this. I can't see Coleman or Rak being even close to 'ready.' The skills just aren't there yet, and there would be too many questions to draft them in the first round based on size/athleticism. Rak had, what, 2 points in the SDSU game, a game predicated on inside play? They both need another season or two to develop. MCW, while i like him, is not strong enough. Reminds me of the difficulties Shaun Livingston had. Fair is a tweener. Not big enough. Not quick/explosive enough, and won't be able to demonstrate M2M D skills to make him attractive early in the draft. I think the NBA is going to look at him as a smaller Kris Joseph who isn't setting the league on fire.

There are going to be too many more 'sexy' picks, ahead of our guys. I would love to see one of them break out this year, but the issue is one of team balance. We have a lot of guys at a 'high' talent level, but none at the 'elite'/compelling/dynamic level, and scoring and minutes will be spread out. Dion jumped because he had the pro-ready physique to match with the dynamic scoring.

CJ is basically Kris Joseph. He'll be in NBA after 4 years here.

MCW is highly likely to jump, DC2 is a threat as well depending on how the year goes. That's up to two additional schollies.

CJ is basically Kris Joseph. He'll be in NBA after 4 years here.

MCW is highly likely to jump, DC2 is a threat as well depending on how the year goes. That's up to two additional schollies.

Do you believe DC2 will really average more than 12 pts this year? I don't see it. He surely could if he were a feature option on offense, but he's not going to be AO/Rick as a freshman. Interior touches will be split with Rak. And, big guys who don't demonstrate scoring ability, don't block a ton of shots, and don't have freak athleticism probably aren't going to be in super high demand after one year.

DC will have to prove a post-up game first, and I don't see that happening quickly. Secondly, I don't think he really will want to jump so quickly. I thought a major component of him choosing SU was his comfort with being close to home. I don't think he's in a rush, but, that's really just an superficial, practically baseless psych guessessment. I hope his home/family situation doesn't play a role in mandating such a decision.

Do you believe DC2 will really average more than 12 pts this year? I don't see it.

He won't average 12, hence only a threat. This is based on articles where NBA scouts were quoted as saying he is very likely to get major draft interest on potential, even this year.

If Dakari wants to come. The staff will make it work, even if it doesn't seem "right".

Do you believe DC2 will really average more than 12 pts this year? I don't see it. He surely could if he were a feature option on offense, but he's not going to be AO/Rick as a freshman. Interior touches will be split with Rak. And, big guys who don't demonstrate scoring ability, don't block a ton of shots, and don't have freak athleticism probably aren't going to be in super high demand after one year.

DC will have to prove a post-up game first, and I don't see that happening quickly. Secondly, I don't think he really will want to jump so quickly. I thought a major component of him choosing SU was his comfort with being close to home. I don't think he's in a rush, but, that's really just an superficial, practically baseless psych guessessment. I hope his home/family situation doesn't play a role in mandating such a decision.
DC2 has played one game. The exhibitions were against mighty mights. Even the SDSU game was a pack of 6'6-6'8 guys (and no post player) who were ferocious on defense and doubled Coleman inside. Despite that, and even at his current "raw" stage, he's probably close to where AO was in his second or even third year (AO's best year in ppg and rbs was his second at 12.7 and 8). http://statsheet.com/mcb/players/player/syracuse/arinze-onuaku The others were 10 or so ppg and 5-6 rpg). So my guess is, Coleman will be very close to AO's best totals in his very first year.

If he's scoring 15+ppg by march and pulling down double digit rebounds, all bets are off.

Is the MCW leaving thing based off of his clear intentions or speculation that he's going to blow up and leave? I'm not convinced he has that good of a year to leave for certain, but I have no inside knowledge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
newmom4503

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom