roberson | Syracusefan.com

roberson

Is he kidding me with that game today?
I guess TR can be the poster for this game but they all looked "lost" out there. Lydon missed bunnies, Cooney missed a fair share, Richardson was up and down and Coleman was spotted once with one foot off the floor. One word sums up the game...SAD. St Johns was ready and shot lights out from outside.

I know I've said this a million times before, but I've never seen a basketball player in my life who looks more rigid and robotic on the offensive end than Tyler. He's like a poorly designed science project constructed in a lab that has 2 or 3 mechanical moves with absolutely no improvisation whatsoever.

Love him as a rebounder, obviously.

I know I've said this a million times before, but I've never seen a basketball player in my life who looks more rigid and robotic on the offensive end than Tyler. He's like a poorly designed science project constructed in a lab that has 2 or 3 mechanical moves with absolutely no improvisation whatsoever.

Ewing-esque, but like 7 inches shorter.

Does this remind anyone of a guy who recently graduated from the program?

I just don't understand what our offense expects this kid to do. I'd love to have Coach Orange break it down for me. I just don't see us using him in a way that allows him to be successful at all.

I just don't understand what our offense expects this kid to do. I'd love to have Coach Orange break it down for me. I just don't see us using him in a way that allows him to be successful at all.

We pass him the ball at the top of the key. The is he going to do there?

Exactly. What is supposed to happen there? He's not going to knock down the 18 footer, and driving isn't his thing. I wish he could work a high low with the other big, but DC is so inept and it doesn't look like Lydon and Roberson have gotten that big man connection yet (like AO and Jackson used to). That may be because Lydon is essentially a shooting forward.

My favorite is when he pump fakes from there with no one on him. A. Go ahead and shoot it. B. No one is guarding you there. I think he lacks natural basketball IQ and is just a freak athlete.

My favorite is when he pump fakes from there with no one on him. A. Go ahead and shoot it. B. No one is guarding you there. I think he lacks natural basketball IQ and is just a freak athlete.

He's a complete liability unless he can make his shots and not have to hit free throws. And, he MUST start playing defense

not to pile on, because I like TR and think he will help the team, but then what about his pathetic matador "attempt" on the play where Johnson swooped in along the baseline?

not to pile on, because I like TR and think he will help the team, but then what about his pathetic matador "attempt" on the play where Johnson swooped in along the baseline?

We have no one else. He's a great athlete but a mediocre basketball player. And we can't overcome his inability to make shots. Not with this roster.

Briancuse said:
Very disappointed his play, I expected much better from him.

He starts next year, but Moyer eats into his minutes.

This has the feel to me like the classes of 03-04...when we followed up an underwhelming recruiting class with one that was a flat out bust.

Early in the game he did this on a catch with nobody within 5 feet of him...I have to admit, I laughed.

I still feel like JB mentally ruined the kid mentally his freshman year. That doghouse treatment makes him second guess everything.

I still feel like JB mentally ruined the kid mentally his freshman year. That doghouse treatment makes him second guess everything.
Ridiculous theory. So JB's treatment ruined him, except when he's played exceptionally well for long stretches of games, as he did last year in league play, when it apparently didn't ruin him.

I guess TR can be the poster for this game but they all looked "lost" out there. Lydon missed bunnies, Cooney missed a fair share, Richardson was up and down and Coleman was spotted once with one foot off the floor. One word sums up the game...SAD. St Johns was ready and shot lights out from outside.
We stunk up the Garden today, but maybe someone gives Chris Mullin some credit for getting the Johnnies up for this one. I will.

Nothing to break down here. He obviously would benefit from a true PG that would help in Pick and Roll situations. Although, you cannot remotely knock Silent G for anything. He's been incredible, but he just isn't a PG. Other than that, I don't see how you can utilize Roberson to be a consistent scorer. He has no touch around the hoop so his sizeup game isn't good. Does not have a back to the basket game. Really struggles to shoot which in turn hurts his biggest strength offensively (getting to the FT line).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom