Robert Anae to NC State | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Anae to NC State

It was the first year with the team. Look at his success over his 15 year career. His only issue was his first 2 years at Virginia. He was given pieces that were not meant for his offense and he still upgraded the offense. Look at the WR position and he made Oranges out of lemons...
FIFY

This whole transfer portal world is awful (as predicted).

Let’s assume Sellers signs and does really well here. The minute Beck leaves (unless he becomes the HC here), Sellers will likely follow him.

Take Brennan Armstrong as an example. He should have followed Beck/Anae to Syracuse, likely would’ve beaten out Shrader and would’ve probably had a much better year than with the new VA staff.

We are so screwed.

One positive is that although he is going to NC State we don’t play them next year in conference with the start of no divisions.
I forgot about that. I was thinking that scouting for that game would be interesting for both sides.

Let’s assume Sellers signs and does really well here. The minute Beck leaves (unless he becomes the HC here), Sellers will likely follow him.

Take Brennan Armstrong as an example. He should have followed Beck/Anae to Syracuse, likely would’ve beaten out Shrader and would’ve probably had a much better year than with the new VA staff.

We are so screwed.

I kind of enjoy the festivities of the portal world and I'm good with 18 years olds and up being in control of their own destiny. SU in a plus/minus portal world has been a by far positive, so far.

We are so screwed.
Ah Nick I see you are the glass half full optimist! Glad to hear it!
C7CAB3D4-23B7-436F-A6B7-5229B6151C80.gif

So one thing I'm curious about, how does the talent search in a case like this go?

Did Anae fly to NC State for an interview? That would seem really conspicuous. Or does this all happen over Zoom meetings these days?
Perhaps when last week when he went to watch Sellers in the championship game he took a side trip to NC St.

So that prediction of an Anae / Armstrong reunion that we poo poo- ed has some legs. Would think there both going to be at NC State next year.

Wouldn't it have been an interesting conversation if Anae wanted Armstrong over Shrader and Dino said no and then this happened as the straw that broke the camels back?

So that prediction of an Anae / Armstrong reunion that we poo poo- ed has some legs. Would think there both going to be at NC State next year.
Maybe, maybe not. Leary entered the portal the day after NC St OC Tim Beck was announced as HC at Coastal Carolina. Maybe now Leary decides to stay at State.

If Beck leaves then Wildhack has to eat Dino’s buyout and pull the trigger.
I echo what others say as long as Beck stays as OC I could care less about this move. If Beck goes then blow it all up IMO. White loss is a way bigger issue because I am less confident that we have an internal replacement at the P5 level.

We could be better off without Robert and letting Jason take the reins!
LaNorris gets it and is remaining loyal to Jason and the program. He is younger and will likely relate better to today’s players. Let’s see what he can do with our offense!

Not sure why so many of you think Anae to Beck is a lateral move at worst. As far as I know Beck has no experience whatsoever calling plays or scheming. We have very little idea what we're getting with his promotion

Not sure why so many of you think Anae to Beck is a lateral move at worst. As far as I know Beck has no experience whatsoever calling plays or scheming. We have very little idea what we're getting with his promotion
Beck was offensive coordinated for one year at Simon Fraser in 2012 before he went to BYU and he managed all 2 minute situations at Virginia according to Bronco

Beck was offensive coordinated for one year at Simon Fraser in 2012 before he went to BYU and he managed all 2 minute situations at Virginia according to Bronco
Wait, Simon Fraser, like up in Canada?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom