Robert Anae to NC State | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Anae to NC State

Anae probably realizes we are a program that is just spinning it's wheels in the mud, and there is not much chance of success here.

We have so many guys back next year. This is very disappointing to me.
I guess he and Dino got along worse than we thought.
I can't imagine losing both coordinators, when we are looking at 8 or 9 wins next year. THAT would be the time to move.

So one thing I'm curious about, how does the talent search in a case like this go?

Did Anae fly to NC State for an interview? That would seem really conspicuous. Or does this all happen over Zoom meetings these days?

Thanks for you contribution. That’s deep
Oh...my bad. Here:
We haven't averaged 4.5 wins per year for 20 years, we have just been selective about what wins we want. Recruiting hasn't been bad, we just look for diamonds in the rough. Losing an oc, and a dc in the same day is not a bad thing either. It's just opening the door for someone else.
There...I spun it.

Both ESPN and On3 rank him as a top-15 dual-threat quarterback across the country in the 2023 cycle.

On3 recently updated its national rankings for this class, and the recruiting service placed Sellers as four stars, No. 156 nationally, No. 12 at quarterback and No. 3 in South Carolina.

Oh...my bad. Here:
We haven't averaged 4.5 wins per year for 20 years, we have just been selective about what wins we want. Recruiting hasn't been bad, we just look for diamonds in the rough. Losing an oc, and a dc in the same day is not a bad thing either. It's just opening the door for someone else.
There...I spun it.
And yet, despite all these terrible horrible things, he left UVA and came here in the first place. He just had this brilliant realization about our past now? Should have given cuse football a little Wikipedia search before accepting the job I guess.

He had a bad injury and Beck stuck with him. He was a Virginia commit who flipped to us. South Carolina didn't recruit him because they had Spencer Rattler coming in who they thought would be all world. Georgia has been sniffing around Sellers. That says all I need to know about the kid.
That’s all well and good, still doesn’t sound like a guy you fire an OC for but happy he’s coming I guess

He got 40 catches out of the backfield. That wasn't in the playbook before Anae got here, and it's the skill that's going to get him drafted.
20 last year 36 this year.

So one thing I'm curious about, how does the talent search in a case like this go?

Did Anae fly to NC State for an interview? That would seem really conspicuous. Or does this all happen over Zoom meetings these days?
Anae was definitely at Sellers State Championship game with Beck. From there it's an easy face to face within a few hours or a zoom from the hotel would be my guess.

He was going to be drafted no matter what - but it did increase his draft stock
16 more catches in 12 games with what seems like a few more drops.

Anae is weird. Otherwise he'd be a head coach

Dino should be able to handle this with a plug and play young kid. No one knows who leach's OCs are. If dino can't run a decent offense next year, well, then we will know for sure that he's all done

I’d love to be educated then, he has a coach that calls him a generational talent in SC but he didn’t have an offer from South Carolina until October, seemingly hasn’t received much interest from Clemson or the Georgia schools. He led his team to a state title which is awesome, but he was still only throwing 57% for the year, and ran for a (small) majority of his TDs.

I’m not trying to say he isn’t a good get for Syracuse, I just don’t think he’s so good that maintaining his commitment would be justification for firing a veteran OC
He had a season ending knee injury his Jr year. That is why all the big schools backed off. However, Beck stayed with him through and through. That lead to the tight relationship with him. Is that enough education for you? His Sr numbers are awesome considering that more then half his games he only played the first half due to blow outs.

He had a season ending knee injury his Jr year. That is why all the big schools backed off. However, Beck stayed with him through and through. That lead to the tight relationship with him. Is that enough education for you?
It still doesn’t make any sense seeing as he was actually rated lower prior to the 21 season (before his injury) than he is now, so I doubt that top schools were pursuing as anything other than a last resort option. But it’s fine, we can agree to disagree on this.

It still doesn’t make any sense seeing as he was actually rated lower prior to the 21 season (before his injury) than he is now, so I doubt that top schools were pursuing as anything other than a last resort option. But it’s fine, we can agree to disagree on this.
I guarantee that you are the only one on this board looking at it that way. That's good, as it is nice to have a counterpoint.

Was Anae the lead recruiter on anybody? Bringing anyone in would seem to be a net positive on the offensive recruiting front.

Anae was different type of OC and NCS is the outsider of the NC schools so maybe it's a decent match?

Clemson went 11-2 this year and lost both of their coordinators last year. They likely would have made the playoff if Dabo didn’t stick with DJ for so long. I know we are not Clemson but teams lose coordinators on the regular. Dino needs to make two good hires to fill the coaching openings and Wildhack needs to pay a market rate. It stinks to lose Anae and White but it should be viewed as an opportunity to get quality staff. If Dino and Wildhack do their jobs then the sky isn’t falling. If they don’t then at least one of them will probably be looking for work sooner than later.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom