Robert Anae to NC State | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Anae to NC State

Im glad we’re not playing NC State again next year. I can’t deal with these goobers on twitter again. They talk so much trash and then when you beat them soundly they say it doesn’t count. Low down dirty scoundrels.
@ UNC is a much tougher game than @ NC State would have been. We'd know their offense well. Instead we go against the likely #1 overall pick in Maye.

Don't get me wrong I love the fact we won't have to go 12 friggen years between visits to stadiums in our conference anymore but thats a tougher game.

@ GT instead of going to Ville is a push I guess maybe a little tougher GT had some good results Cunningham is gone.

Wake/Clemson no change of course.

Mack Brown is losing it so I could be wrong. When was the last time we played a team coached by him if ever?

@ UNC is a much tougher game than @ NC State would have been. We'd know their offense well. Instead we go against the likely #1 overall pick in Maye.

Don't get me wrong I love the fact we won't have to go 12 friggen years between visits to stadiums in our conference anymore but thats a tougher game.

@ GT instead of going to Ville is a push I guess maybe a little tougher GT had some good results Cunningham is gone.

Mack Brown is losing it so I could be wrong. When was the last time we played a team coached by him if ever?
I’d rather go to GT than Louisville right now and UNC/NC State is a push. We know State, but they know us too. Those teams were basically equals this year.

But he wasn't a starter. He was a situational player because of his weight.

I thought he was a starter after about midseason, as players kept getting hurt. He seemed to get a lot of run to me.

NCSU went into UNC with their forth string QB and won. I think that's a better program and coach (NCSU)

Was Mac there in 2020?

When I hear it from Shrader when davidR2D2 interviews him at the spring Game I’ll believe it.
41308533-617C-4D42-B34D-79B9281AEBE7.jpeg

Covid year 2020 we opened up against UNC

Said some things in that interview that are quite interesting. Here’s a review.

Very interesting and says a lot. Strength I would guess means NCSt has had more recent success. Stability meaning if we don’t make a bowl next year he would be gone with Babers. Now he’s got a 3 year deal. The kicker is the 4 granddaughters there. That had to be a big positive. Getting more money too.

Very interesting and says a lot. Strength I would guess means NCSt has had more recent success. Stability meaning if we don’t make a bowl next year he would be gone with Babers. Now he’s got a 3 year deal. The kicker is the 4 granddaughters there. That had to be a big positive. Getting more money too.
Yup, at his age, extra stability and being close to family helps. I think this worked out well for both parties.

Beck was going to get poached soon, if not this year. I'm very happy with how it worked out.

“I’m looking forward to the motivation level,” Anae said. “It appears that here, our players are very capable and very motivated.”

Is this quote a blast at the SU football team?

“I’m looking forward to the motivation level,” Anae said. “It appears that here, our players are very capable and very motivated.”

Is this quote a blast at the SU football team?
That raised a red flag to me. After pondering that comment, it could be a difference in head coaching styles. Dino appears to be more even keeled and may not get after his players as much as Anae would like. That would explain some of the visual awkwardness on the sidelines between Anae and Dino during the year. As someone said, happy as heck to have Beck at the helm and no hard feelings to Anae.

I work with a couple people who think they push the students more than anyone else. The reality is they’re just to the kids but to them, their expectations are higher than everyone else. As a result, the kids don’t respect them and they always have issues with kids each year. Interestingly enough, one of them has a son in HS who’s one of the most disrespectful kids in school. So apparently her philosophy is just a “at work” philosophy.

Moral of the story. Just because Anae might think we should have been tougher on the players and there was some ideological differences (inference). Doesn’t mean there’s an issue. The issue might just be Anae and when he was hired, remember what fans from Virginia come on here to tell us about Anae.

So, I take what he said with a grain of salt at this point. I think we’ve got another great staff this year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom