Robert Washington (Yeah That One) to Valpo | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Robert Washington (Yeah That One) to Valpo

Was this kid any good or was it all hype?

He was a top 25 prospect as a sophomore in HS and was the #15 prospect at RB in the class for a while. Was offered by practically everyone as a sophomore, ov’ed to Alabama even I believe.

Committed to Miss St first, decommitted

Committed to Syracuse his senior year, decommitted

Committed to Charlotte, played 2 years there, had a promising freshman year, started out his sophomore year as their starter and quit after 3 games.

Committed to Liberty as a transfer, decommitted

Committed to ODU as a transfer, played one year there in 2019, left.

I’ve lost track after that but now I guess he’s at Valpo.

Last edited:
Neither do the Patriot or Ivy leagues, yet, they offer academic scholarships that are only available to athletes who are actively on a roster, so...
Having just completed the OAC/Pioneer League/MSFA/CCIW recruiting process, he may get some “academic” merit-based money, but highly likely he’ll have to pay for a good part of his education, like most other kids at these levels.

We had kids from our high school and those we played against who were recruited and offered by Valpo.

He was a top 25 prospect as a sophomore in HS and was the #15 prospect at RB in the class for a while. Was offered by practically everyone as a sophomore, ov’ed to Alabama even I believe.

Committed to Charlotte, played 2 years there, had a promising freshman year, started out his sophomore year as their starter and quit after 3 games.

Committed to ODU as a transfer, played one year there, left.

I think he had a stint in the Lingerie Football League too.

I’ll always root for this kid. I don’t think we ever knew all the details but he had some personal family business that impeded his progress.
I’m happy he’s still carrying the rock and going to college for free

I’ll always root for this kid. I don’t think we ever knew all the details but he had some personal family business that impeded his progress.
I’m happy he’s still carrying the rock and going to college for free

Seemed to all start going downhill for him once he xferred high schools. Unfortunate with all the family issues.

Another in a long line of Syracuse football saviors that never panned out. Drew Allen, Quinta Funderburk, Alin Edouard, Chance Amie...the list goes on. (I think we'll miss Jawhar Jordan though)

Robert probably had the longest and most optimistic thread of the group.

He got a helmet sticker on college football final, went for 234 and 3tds against presbyterian. Glad he seems to have found a home
The talent was always there. Saw flashes of that his first year at Charlotte. Nice to see he’s putting it together now.

Another in a long line of Syracuse football saviors that never panned out. Drew Allen, Quinta Funderburk, Alin Edouard, Chance Amie...the list goes on. (I think we'll miss Jawhar Jordan though)

I think Barry Baker may take the title

Committed to ODU as a transfer, played one year there in 2019, left.

I hope the kid kills it. Would be great story.

He got a helmet sticker on college football final, went for 234 and 3tds against presbyterian. Glad he seems to have found a home
Before today’s game, he had 195 touches (rushing & receiving) out of roughly 425 or so for the team…

He handled the ball nearly 50% of the time for them on offense this year and performed well. Gonna crack 1,500 all-purpose on a struggling team. Good strong season. Maybe he can get himself an invite to a camp.

Before today’s game, he had 195 touches (rushing & receiving) out of roughly 425 or so for the team…

He handled the ball nearly 50% of the time for them on offense this year and performed well. Gonna crack 1,500 all-purpose on a struggling team. Good strong season. Maybe he can get himself an invite to a camp.
Too late for us to offer him #44?

I think he may have another year left. He’s listed as a JR on their roster, and only played 2 seasons at the FBS level. He played their partial season in the Spring at Valpo but that season would have been tossed due to Covid.

Idris Price

Too late for us to offer him #44?
Pretty clear it’s too late for us to offer anyone 44.

Except for someone who might come here in ‘23. And if he does come here, he might want to wear it, and he might play RB. So, he might get a chance.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom