Rodgers injury last night | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Rodgers injury last night

It has to be career ending.

I'm sure a competitor like Rodgers hates the prospect of going out like this. But at age 39, is this something that he can realistically bounce back from?

I'm sure a competitor like Rodgers hates the prospect of going out like this. But at age 39, is this something that he can realistically bounce back from?
The science has advanced a lot since Marino and Kobe tore theirs. Cam Akers recovered in months and was playing regular season ball when no one thought he would. I think Rodgers gives it a go.

I said as soon as I saw the replay that he just tore his achilles. Having fully ruptured mine a little over 5 months ago, I recognized that look on his face just sitting there on the field. It's not super painful when it happens, but you just know. I felt bad for him.

Last edited:

What I’ve read is given his age it would be almost impossible to come back at any level to compete as he did before. Could he come back, maybe. Could he come back to his previous self, almost no chance.

Interesting that Robert Saleh could give an immediate update on Rodgers injury right after the game ended but theee days later we have nothing definitive from Dino Babers in OG. Serious question because I have no idea - is there a good reason for this (such as NFL has some different protocols from NCAA)?

Interesting that Robert Saleh could give an immediate update on Rodgers injury right after the game ended but theee days later we have nothing definitive from Dino Babers in OG. Serious question because I have no idea - is there a good reason for this (such as NFL has some different protocols from NCAA)?

As far as I know, there is no standardized injury reporting system in college football like there is in the NFL. Each school can report on injuries more or less as they please.

NFL has mandatory injury reporting, NCAA doesn't.

I'm guessing Dino knows, but wants Purdue to spend practice time for both cases (in or out) rather than tipping his hand on Monday.

you want less of these injuries go back to wearing sneakers outside.

Should all be grass fields. They’ll go grass for the World Cup in 2026 but won’t go grass for the biggest sport in America that plays on those fields every Thursday, Sunday, and Monday? Ridiculous. Players have been complaining specifically about Metlife for years and as a Giants fan I’ve seen it all first hand. Hope the players make a hard stand this time around because something really does have to change.
The Dome injuries aren't great either. I know some within the AD question if turf is to blame.

I am pretty sure Met Life installed new turf from a different company for this season.
For new turf that field looked awful. If the owners are going to cheap out with a garbage surface they should expect a higher than average injury rate.

If Reddit posters are to be believed then Achilles injuries are not nearly as painful as a high ankle sprain. That would explain why this massive injury allowed Rogers to walk off the field seemingly without mich pain. OG looked like he was in some pain. A boot would be used in either scenario I believe. So I’m still hopeful it’s a high ankle sprain for OG
Recall that Kobe Bryant shot his free throws first, before leaving the game back when he tore his Achilles.

Based off the black pebbles flying around last night I think you are correct.

I think Met Life's decision is impacted by the concerts they hold.
Yes. NFL stadiums going to field turf is so they can host concerts without tearing up the fields

I would love to see a feasibility study if grass could work inside the dome. cost and maintenance etc.

Shouldve went retractable when they had the chance. The Amsterdam Arena in The Netherlands would've been perfect.
I was there to see some American Football games (Amsterdam Admirals) in the mid-late 90s.
I did see Ajax play in their previous stadium.

They use a grass blend - mostly real grass.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom