Rodgers injury last night | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Rodgers injury last night

If OG had torn his Achilles we would’ve known about it by now
Agree. Think it’s hard to keep a season ending surgery that quiet these days given social media usage by players. If he has and they keep it quiet until the game starts Saturday, that’s incredible. But there’s no way it would last beyond that.

I think it’s more likely an ankle / high ankle sprain and the question is how long he’s out this year. If we get him back by Nov 1st, I’ll be happy.

If he plays on Saturday, then we know the boot was a fake decoy and genius. :)

I believe we haven’t traditionally tried to hide season ending surgeries - most got announced by players or someone somewhere.

The cost of purchasing an artificial turf football field is higher than that of a natural grass pitch, but this investment pays off when the field is used intensively. A football turf field can easily be played on for 2,500 to 3,000 hours per year. That is three to four times as much as a natural grass pitch.

More use for the $$$$$$$.

So not saying this to name drop of any kind, just to share some insight. Aaron and I and few other buddies take a golf trip every summer and I go to some games to see him… 4 years ago he told me he wanted to play for the Jets. Joe Namath is one of his idols. He’s had an apartment in the city for years now before anyone even knew. However, his biggest fear- playing on turf. Green Bay had grass, Chicago had grass and they only practiced on grass. Sure a few opponents had turf but that was nothing to him. That MetLife field is the worst field in the world and countless injuries have occurred specifically on that field. And to have that happen to him last night, I was literally gutted for him and the fans.

Aaron gets a really bad end of the stick occasionally and maybe 4-5 years ago he deserved some of it, but the dude is one of the best people ever and cares about you as a friend and cares about people and the world.

It really sucks to see his worst fear come true last night. I’ll find out if he’s coming back. Sorry to all the Jets fans here

Maybe the turf had something to do with it, but JK Dobbins also blew his Achilles this week on a grass field. So I don't think we can strictly blame the turf.
People get hurt on any surface, but the data points to higher incidents of it happening with an artificial surface.

Randall Cobb and Breese Hall spoke about it after the game:
What Jets, Bills had to say about MetLife Stadium turf after Aaron Rodgers' injury

Darius Slay from the Eagles commented on it as well.

Had a chance to watch the injuries to our guys. OG’s is quite strange, never seen anything like it.

On the tackle it looked like he gets BOTH ankles rolled up, then he comes up in significant pain grabbing and grasping at and on his LEFT ankle, this before he limps off the field but now clearly having issues it looks like with both ankles.

He then comes out shortly thereafter on crutches with a protective boot on, but on his RIGHT foot. Educated guess is a re-aggravation of the previously sprained left ankle either a routine inversion sprain of left lateral outside of the ankle or possibly the dreaded "high ankle sprain" as that's where he was holding his left ankle after the play. This and now a new injury with a eversion sprain to the medial or inside of the right ankle.

Hopefully that’s it as that injury is often accompanied by an avulsion fracture off the tibia (don’t think so though there). Regardless he’s now got two bum ankles. Out 4-6 weeks would be my guess.

Our OT Dave W situation was a more high impact trauma injury with their DT swinging through the air helicopter style while holding on in the process of making a tackle, this with his full body weight swinging in air coming back down and unfortunately impacting and nailing Dave’s planted left leg at the level of the lower leg at or just below the knee from the outside in what’s known as a valgus stress force.

The knee brace should’ve and would’ve prevented a Full blow out to the mcl, acl and meniscus. But it could be a sprained knee mcl, or a fractured fibula or even a bad fibula bone bruise withthe same eversion sprain to the inside lower left ankle like could’ve happened to OG. The vid was real hard to make out. Regardless with all or any of that 4-6 too for sprains, season over if fractured.

Think we’ll b ok with the committee of players at wr in this time OG is healing up and after re-watching the game think the others replacing dave along with the return of more, it’ll be six of one half dozen of another there in terms of production at the position and OL in general. Gotta cross the finger for no more.

Last edited:
Maybe the turf had something to do with it, but JK Dobbins also blew his Achilles this week on a grass field. So I don't think we can strictly blame the turf.
Wouldn’t a turf surface with rubber pellets that squish and provide some give actually be more forgiving than real grass?
I get the old astroturf carpet over concrete was murder but why do we all assume modern turf is so evil?

Guys tear their ACL on grass too, no?

Yesterday was playing tennis with a buddy at sky top. At one point my buddy came up and hit the ball over and as I was attempting to return (not sure I did or not), he was grabbing his lower leg. Said he felt something pop when he was almost on his toes trying to get the ball (plantarflexed position).

Definitely was in a lot of pain but we think it’s a calf strain and not Achilles because of where most of the pain is, near the muscle belly of the gastroc. Many times when a calf strain happens you think someone threw a rock at your leg. I’ve done it before coming down from a full sprint too fast. It definitely is a painful injury and that lower leg will be really tight today (etc), but the better option vs achilles. Got home and iced and probably will cycle ibuprofen over the next 36 hours.

Just ironic to see that yesterday given not even 24h after watching Rodgers.

Last edited:
Wouldn’t a turf surface with rubber pellets that squish and provide some give actually be more forgiving than real grass?
I get the old astroturf carpet over concrete was murder but why do we all assume modern turf is so evil?

Guys tear their ACL on grass too, no?

Real grass that's well taken care of is actually quite soft and forgiving. We're not talking about some rando's back yard that hasn't been watered since the last time it rained 5 weeks ago.

So not saying this to name drop of any kind, just to share some insight. Aaron and I and few other buddies take a golf trip every summer and I go to some games to see him… 4 years ago he told me he wanted to play for the Jets. Joe Namath is one of his idols. He’s had an apartment in the city for years now before anyone even knew. However, his biggest fear- playing on turf. Green Bay had grass, Chicago had grass and they only practiced on grass. Sure a few opponents had turf but that was nothing to him. That MetLife field is the worst field in the world and countless injuries have occurred specifically on that field. And to have that happen to him last night, I was literally gutted for him and the fans.

Aaron gets a really bad end of the stick occasionally and maybe 4-5 years ago he deserved some of it, but the dude is one of the best people ever and cares about you as a friend and cares about people and the world.

It really sucks to see his worst fear come true last night. I’ll find out if he’s coming back. Sorry to all the Jets fans here
that’s a cool story. What’s the deal with him and his estrangement from his family? I think that’s in part what makes him feel so odd to
People

This is a good piece, scroll to about the 4:55 mark where the doctor talks about contributing factors. In his opinion, although it's possible the "turf" may have contributed to Rodgers' ruptured Achilles, there were other leading factors that were of more significance.

that’s a cool story. What’s the deal with him and his estrangement from his family? I think that’s in part what makes him feel so odd to
People
Unrealistic requests from his family. They gave him a financial ultimatum when he signed his first huge contract. They basically tried to extort him, he said no, they said fine we will never talk ever again and he said fine. Completely messed up from the family side. They wanted 10m+ and it backfired and that’s that

Tell him if he wants to drop acid in upstate NY while he is rehabbing he has a partner in me

why would met life do a brand new field and be bad? I mean how many places are making these fields now that the difference would be so varied?

Well, they should also take a stance against the billionaire owners pocketing most of the profits. But they don't. That's one weak union right there.
By definition, owners keep profits. Imagine that. Employees get wages.
If players want to have profits, they should become owners.

Devils advocate defending the MetLife field

Rodgers is almost forty and didn't really go through a full preseason process

That Achilles could have been ready to pop had he misstepped off a curb in Manhattan

People
And being a 9/11 truther. Which is #2 behind being a Sandy Hook truther on the ranker of things that will earn you a shovel to the face from Scooch.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom