Class of 2014 - Rodney Williams | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Rodney Williams

Forget the size also. Didn't we just lose an amazing safety in Shamarko, who if I don't forget was no taller than 5' 10".

smart move by the kid. no reason not to take the offer before someone else can. i like the staff offered this kid after evaluating him in person in controlled setting of their choice. it is also telling that they offered Williams while another very similar prospect Justin Noye (both qb to S) who is a little bigger, and timed out faster didn't receive a offer. the staff must have saw something that they really liked so it doesn't really matter he only had 2 other offers, and no bcs offers.

Same hometown as Marcus Coleman. Coleman went to Camden Catholic, though.

smart move by the kid. no reason not to take the offer before someone else can. i like the staff offered this kid after evaluating him in person in controlled setting of their choice. it is also telling that they offered Williams while another very similar prospect Justin Noye (both qb to S) who is a little bigger, and timed out faster didn't receive a offer. the staff must have saw something that they really liked so it doesn't really matter he only had 2 other offers, and no bcs offers.

How do you know that Justin Noye Timed out faster?

In and interview it gave their times . Noye was sub 4.5

Notice in the camp video that one kid is doing a 4 cone drill timed. The players no doubt were put through the paces of a combine. 10, 20, 40 yard dashes, vert, broad jump, shuttle, etc and probably any number of weight lifting tests. I'd wager Williams tore it up and was probably at the top of every test. If Noye beat him in the 40 id bet that's probably the only thing he beat him at.

Notice in the camp video that one kid is doing a 4 cone drill timed. The players no doubt were put through the paces of a combine. 10, 20, 40 yard dashes, vert, broad jump, shuttle, etc and probably any number of weight lifting tests. I'd wager Williams tore it up and was probably at the top of every test. If Noye beat him in the 40 id bet that's probably the only thing he beat him at.

Just in case some folks are wondering what camp video... here it is again. Make sure you look for HCSS and Rodney in the background..good eyes Texascpa.

I love camp commits. It's nice to see the staff's hard work pay off. Sounds like Rodney was just starting to get noticed, good time to grab him.

Shafenbrau is putting together a very nice class...steady is the course...very solid pick ups. Next up, some OL and DE's, sprinkled in with a WR and RB.

Williams broad jumped 10 feet too. shows explsovieness . i was just using it as a comparison to show how impressive Williams must have been since Noye is more a local kid and is larger in stature

Williams broad jumped 10 feet too. shows explsovieness . i was just using it as a comparison to show how impressive Williams must have been since Noye is more a local kid and is larger in stature

Hey man my bad I wasn't being critical of you, sorry it came across that way.

@EricWhiteCuse: #OrangeNation we will get you some good news soon!!! I hope everyone knows they're loved! #Cuse14

Congratulationd Rodney! Welcome to the cuse family!

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2

Safety Rodney Williams was offered today after camp

Rodney Williams@R2XU6
15m
Syracuse offered me a full scholarship to play Safety #Cuse
BNOLNcfCUAAkdyV.jpg

He has terrific speed and agility. I think with all the gambling and crazy stuff we do on defense, the staff really wants fast and athletic safeties. They are willing to compromise on size to get it...

Can somebody PLEASE correct the spelling of Rodney's first name in the thread title?

Sorry, Newhouse grad, it's driving me innnn-saaaaane!

You must be oCd? :eek:

My response is surely going to drive you nutz.

Don't worry most of us here are OCD about something.

Noye ran a 4.46 40 at Cuse camp at 6'1 195. Not sure what his broad jump was. SUtomcat is right on. SU staff wants athletic safeties. They are willing to compromise on size.

Noye ran a 4.46 40 at Cuse camp at 6'1 195. Not sure what his broad jump was. SUtomcat is right on. SU staff wants athletic safeties. They are willing to compromise on size.

Are Cuse still in play for Noye?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom