Roku | Syracusefan.com

Roku

storange

2023 Cali Award Rushing Touchdowns
I have ESPN plus on my Roku. I am assuming I will be able to see the streaming SU vs Liberty there.

I have ESPN plus on my Roku. I am assuming I will be able to see the streaming SU vs Liberty there.
On Roku is ESPN+ it's own app, or is it just on the ESPN app?

On Roku is ESPN+ it's own app, or is it just on the ESPN app?
It has ESPN channel with 4 selections including espn+ as one of them. Orange extremes pinned message said you had to have espn watch which confused me. I pay 4. 95 a month for plus.

If you have ESPN+, you will be able to watch.
Thanks Tom, I’m not big on staring at phone or laptop for 3 or 4 hours. Although I would for SU football if it was only choice.

the main pain is finding stuff on the app.. sometimes is a simple search, sometimes you have to go by league or sport and then search.

Thanks Tom, I’m not big on staring at phone or laptop for 3 or 4 hours. Although I would for SU football if it was only choice.

Got a spot in the car from Binghamton to Lynchburg. Of course we're not coming back until after the Maryland game and you'd have to spend the week in between at the beach in Ocean City. ;)

What roadies are you doing this year?

Get a streaming stick of some sort and cast it to your TV.

My wife wanted to watch Outlander on Bravo.
It was like $20 / month (or more, some crazy amount) to upgrade cable package to get it.
Or, $8 / month for the app.

So, I got the app, then screen shared it w my LG TV, and it was in perfect 4K quality.

It’s 2019.
No need to watch on a laptop or phone.

Got a spot in the car from Binghamton to Lynchburg. Of course we're not coming back until after the Maryland game and you'd have to spend the week in between at the beach in Ocean City. ;)

Ocean City, there is some great golf there. I am going to Tallahassee, well actually spend a few days in Orlando then drive to Doak on Saturday. Sounds like a great week though.

Ocean City, there is some great golf there. I am going to Tallahassee, well actually spend a few days in Orlando then drive to Doak on Saturday. Sounds like a great week though.

Gave up golfing when I started travelling full time for work. Hopefully I'll be following your lead and retiring within the next year and I can get back to it!

get a roku, download the app, and watch it on your tv. It streams in full 1080p or 4k depending on your tv, and which roku you buy. It's exactly like watching it on tv.

Do all smart TVs support the streaming? Asking because we have an older 2009 Sony Bravia.

Do all smart TVs support the streaming? Asking because we have an older 2009 Sony Bravia.
For a TV that old, I would get a new Roku, Apple TV or Amazon firestick. They should be able to handle the bandwidth better and be easier to add new apps as things continue to develop in the streaming universe. These streaming devices are not very expensive...I think the investment is easily cost justified.

get a roku, download the app, and watch it on your tv. It streams in full 1080p or 4k depending on your tv, and which roku you buy. It's exactly like watching it on tv.
I know I thought I said I had a roku in my original post, it seems that got lost in the thread

as the apps get better the older rokus start to struggle. they all have a finite shelf life. just another thing to think about as you stream more and more.

That's a great roadie!

For a TV that old, I would get a new Roku, Apple TV or Amazon firestick. They should be able to handle the bandwidth better and be easier to add new apps as things continue to develop in the streaming universe. These streaming devices are not very expensive...I think the investment is easily cost justified.
Thanks. We’ve been wanting to cut the cord with spectrum for almost a year and just haven’t made it to Best Buy (assuming that’s a decent place to pick up a new roku).

Thanks. We’ve been wanting to cut the cord with spectrum for almost a year and just haven’t made it to Best Buy (assuming that’s a decent place to pick up a new roku).
Or Amazon, or Target...

Ok gang - which is better - Roku or Slingbox? (I need to have it work on two TVs - if that makes a difference. I'm ready to cut the cord (Dish blows). Thanks for any tips you can offer/add.

Wish there was an app where you can plug in data including "must have" programming and see the options available in your area. Seems like a non-brainer

slingbox is not the same as roku.. slingbox requires a box output to sling..

sling tv is a stream like youtube.

roku is for apps..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cuseman17

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom