Rolling Into Pittsburgh | Syracusefan.com

Rolling Into Pittsburgh

I'll be attending w/my 4 year old son (his first game). I have lived in the Pittsburgh area for a few years now but have never attended a game at the Pete (did see them in the NCAA tournament a few years ago in 2012)... Hoping to see a lot of Orange in the stands!

I'll be attending w/my 4 year old son (his first game). I have lived in the Pittsburgh area for a few years now but have never attended a game at the Pete (did see them in the NCAA tournament a few years ago in 2012)... Hoping to see a lot of Orange in the stands!

Awesome, I am also in the Pittsburgh area and will certainly be wearing my Orange. We have to get your son a win for his first game! Enjoy

one hour to latrobe

rolling_rock_33.jpg

I will be there with my sister, her husband, my girlfriend, and my sister's friend who went to SU.

My GF went to Indiana. If she doesn't willingly root for us, I will dump her and move in with OttoMets.

Indiana PA or Indiana-Indiana?

If Indiana PA, already beat this year...bragging rights

I think so. Already planning my meals, of course. I need OttoMets, Mrs. OttoMets, and Teemu the Finn to show me around to all the best eateries.

My cousin lives there and I've been there probably 25 times the past five years or so for work projects as well. Love the 'Burgh. I can tell you where to go depending what you're into. Good foodie city.

I think so. Already planning my meals, of course. I need OttoMets, Mrs. OttoMets, and Teemu the Finn to show me around to all the best eateries.
My cousin lives there and I've been there probably 25 times the past five years or so for work projects as well. Love the 'Burgh. I can tell you where to go depending what you're into. Good foodie city.

Meat and Potatoes is always a good choice. I haven't been into the city proper in two years, though, so I'm sure there's newer stuff out there.

Meat and Potatoes is always a good choice. I haven't been into the city proper in two years, though, so I'm sure there's newer stuff out there.

Yup it is! There is this whole area called Lawrenceville which has blown up lately. Butler street. You take Penn Ave away from downtown and the Strip District (awesome of course) maybe 7-10 minutes to Butler St. Tons of stuff there including a grappa bar even.

Yup it is! There is this whole area called Lawrenceville which has blown up lately. Butler street. You take Penn Ave away from downtown and the Strip District (awesome of course) maybe 7-10 minutes to Butler St. Tons of stuff there including a grappa bar even.

Lawrenceville is one of the hidden gems of Pittsburgh. Great bars and restaurants

That's right, I heard Cure is good. My wife (who went to Duquesne) has a couple friends in Lawrenceville. That's worth a look.

That's right, I heard Cure is good. My wife (who went to Duquesne) has a couple friends in Lawrenceville. That's worth a look.

Nice. Yes it is good. Tender too. My cousin is a dentist in Shadyside. She tells me what's up and I have a bunch of CMU alum friends in the area there.

Lawrenceville is one of the hidden gems of Pittsburgh. Great bars and restaurants

Yup. Probably my favorite area but I need to check out that brick oven pizza spot you mentioned. That is my fav style of pizza by far. I've been to Mercurios and a newer place in East Liberty. Of course have had Mineo's/Aiello's. The dummies think Pittsburgh is all about Primanti's and Pamela's.

Yup. Probably my favorite area but I need to check out that brick oven pizza spot you mentioned. That is my fav style of pizza by far. I've been to Mercurios and a newer place in East Liberty. Of course have had Mineo's/Aiello's. The dummies think Pittsburgh is all about Primanti's and Pamela's.

Another place I recommend, and we could go all day...but Luke Wholey's Wild Alaskan Grille on Penn Avenue. If you are a seafood fan, of course.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom